Your recommendation for bib shorts and longs

The Ghost

Thanks for your comment as it is not often I find one i can relate too size wise. I have often found it difficult to get the size right with euro brnad being also around 123kg and 1.9m. What size do you go for in giordana or assos?als

I am 194cm and wear size 38 pants .The XLG assos fits perfect .The next bigger size is for size 40,42 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 194cm and wear size 38 pants .The XLG assos fits perfect .The next bigger size is for size 40,42 

I see XLG is a XXL. I'm a size 40 pants, so you reckon a XXXL assos would be ok. That's their TIR if I googled right

• 3 months later...

Hey Guys reading through this thread I think it might be time to invest in proper kit. Currently I have a few budget bibs,1 first accent bib and 1 Ktm bib that is great but probably 5-6 years old. I am looking for the best bang for buck bib and then probably 1 premium bib. Below what I am looking at:

1 - Vye Bib - Any idea on how long these last ?

2 -  Assos T.Mille GT Bib Shorts - any idea how long this last ? (Saw it on sale for R 2400) 

gonna disagree with most, but I started cycling maybe 2 years ago, and I still use my very entry level shorts on the trainer, although they are a bit *** they still do the job for 1 hour rides on the trainer or if I go for an easy MTB Ride.

For the bibshorts I have one Ciovita corsa, one Assos Equipe rs9 and one First ascent Elite, and I believe the 3 are really good, obviously the Assos are my choice for long rides, but are they worth 3 times the price of my other bibs ? I'm not sure...

I would definitely advise treating yourself with at least one good set for the long rides, but then if you ride a lot, you can also have a few entry level ones for the rest of the week, they'll do the job just fine.

Hey Guys reading through this thread I think it might be time to invest in proper kit. Currently I have a few budget bibs,1 first accent bib and 1 Ktm bib that is great but probably 5-6 years old. I am looking for the best bang for buck bib and then probably 1 premium bib. Below what I am looking at:

1 - Vye Bib - Any idea on how long these last ?

2 - Assos T.Mille GT Bib Shorts - any idea how long this last ? (Saw it on sale for R 2400)

The Mille GT is a newish model so there may not be enough history on its longevity.

That said, Assos in general is known to hold up really well.

They come at a premium, but Sales often offer good value.

Edited by Thomo

I decided to spend a lot of money on an ASSOS a while ago since I was told its the best of the best. 

Maybe I expected too much and although it's good, I cant really say its much better than my Crankit King if at all.

I will think twice before spending that much again.

The Mille GT is a newish model so there may not be enough history on its longevity.

That said, Assos in general is know to hold up really well.

They come at a premium, but Sales often offer good value.

Which Assos bib would you recommend ? Gona wait for a sale so I have time untill Nov/Dec and I will probably only start with long rides in Jan again 

GSG Bibs are my go to ones - affordable and so comfortable.

Hi folks,
I hope you’re not struggling too much under the circumstances and that you are well.

Do you have a bib / longs / chamois/ riding pant for road duty that you recommend or really appreciate above any others?
Maybe you even have different ones for different conditions. I’d love to hear what you enjoy using.

I swear by Assos Equipe it fits me perfectly and have tried all sorts of bibs. They last three times as long as cheap brands so you will definitely get your moneys worth. Different bibs fit different bodies Assos fit mine. R2500 for a bib sounds expensive but I ride every weekend and watt bike regularly and probably get 2years + out of it so I would say good deal.

Cycle Lab has some good deals at the moment if you take two.

Find someone else who is looking for a bib and you will get a good deal there.

I just bought two pairs of the Equipe at R2 400 per bib. The Mille is even cheaper and just as good. 

Which Assos bib would you recommend ? Gona wait for a sale so I have time untill Nov/Dec and I will probably only start with long rides in Jan again

Keep watching for sales ... the GT at 2400 isn't bad, but it could also mean better prices on the S7 Mille which on sale is usually 1750 - 2000.

Equipe is the mid range offering which is nice too.

My two cents:

My current favourites are a toss up between Decathlon and Anatomic. Both very good and very affordable.

I have a few pairs of Mille. (not assos mille, just Mille) about a 7/10.

I can't justify spending the amounts you guys talk about on bibs. I mean I can get 4 pairs of Decathlon or Anatomic (on sale) for like the price of one pair of your assos stuff.

I'm light (as in I don't wear stuff out quickly) on kit, so it works for me

I agree with some of the comments here on Giordana. My last team kit was made by Giordana, very good stuff.

Also, for context, I appear to be about half the size of some of the posters here, so maybe that plays a part, and maybe my arse is as tough as old leather after 35 years in the saddle as well.

For the money you are gonna spend rather get custom made. then you can play around.

Those will last you longer than ship bought. and you can individualize them.

But also you will be happy on the qualtiy and i refer to long distance rides 4+ hours including Munga.

I bought the Assos Equipe RS S9 a couple of months ago and they work okay for longer rides, but for some reason I struggle to feel “square” with them and the saddle.

The biggest surprise for me was a pair of Le Col long that I bought only because I had a voucher. I looked at the chamois and thought yeah right, but they’re actually very comfortable.

• 4 weeks later...

I have wasted so much money on local options that I have realised that buying Assos or more recently Rapha is more cost effective.  

I rash so easily that everything rubs me up the wrong way so it's not the kit, it's me

Apart from the above 2 brands