Chris Froome in discussions over a mid-season transfer?

Inhlanzi

champions don't think like that

Not a massive fanboy or anything but Froome must be the most tenacious rider in history with rock solid mental fortitude.  He's proved over and over again that he has the top BMT ever amongst cyclists and asthmatics

I agree Bernal is better, younger, stronger, faster more talented.  I still wouldn't put down money against Froome

In the history of the TdF there are many candidates in the queue in front of Froome.

For example:

https://velopeloton.com/eugene-christophe/

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should pro cycling happen, I would quite like it if teams were cut to 5, 2 race radio ear pieces per team and ideally see the top 15 GC pro's hack it out against each other with less support.

I still think there should be less pro sport in general. 

As tragic as it all is, pro's losing their jobs is no more important than hoteliers, chefs, waiters et al who in turn have also lost theirs.

Changes are afoot and we all need to be pretty fluid and open minded as to where we might end up and what we need to do to roll with the punches

In the history of the TdF there are many candidates in the queue in front of Froome.

For example:

https://velopeloton.com/eugene-christophe/

I am sure there are many candidates to be put forward - this was my opinion and whilst your story was great to read, Froome has actaully won the tour, just the 4 times mind you plus his other wins.

I will rephrase - given what seemed limited talent and riding style, I am of the opinion that Chris Froome is one of the gutsiest and mentally strong riders in history

Better?

Edited by Waynemol

I will repahrase - given what seemed limited talent and riding style, I am of the opinion that Chris Froome is one of the gutsiest and mentally strong riders in history

Better?

Find similar talent and give em bilharzia and let's see?

Find similar talent and give em bilharzia and let's see?

I did actually mention that part in original post - but not so relevant when talking about mental game

Lance and his era were full of stuff, but I'm sure even his biggest critics would admit the guy had BMT

I did actually mention that part in original post - but not so relevant when talking about mental game

Lance and his era were full of stuff, but I'm sure even his biggest critics would admit the guy had BMT

One of the biggest differences in that is that Lance was never viewed as having limited talent.

(Also, everyone is (probably) still full of stuff...)

Edited by TNT1

Maybe they were on form, JA sure was, but his history as a GC rider is not that of a true GC contender.

2016: 41st

2017: 68th, Vuelta

2018: 33rd

2019: 5th.

Unless he has transitioned himself into a GC rider, to get to 5th must've taken quite a bit of luck?

he had some first week breakaway where they let him go as he wasn't a contender.

but then he just opened his suitcase of courage and turned himself inside out and held onto yellow way longer than expected. That ITT win was also as unexpected as it was incredible.

i don't think he'd be given so much rope in future if he had a GC build up and a team focussed on it.

Should pro cycling happen, I would quite like it if teams were cut to 5, 2 race radio ear pieces per team and ideally see the top 15 GC pro's hack it out against each other with less support.

I still think there should be less pro sport in general. 

As tragic as it all is, pro's losing their jobs is no more important than hoteliers, chefs, waiters et al who in turn have also lost theirs.

Changes are afoot and we all need to be pretty fluid and open minded as to where we might end up and what we need to do to roll with the punches

first race back surely going to be some ITT

dsnBLrkbHwv2yrkD5KDAtR.jpg

he had some first week breakaway where they let him go as he wasn't a contender.

but then he just opened his suitcase of courage and turned himself inside out and held onto yellow way longer than expected. That ITT win was also as unexpected as it was incredible.

i don't think he'd be given so much rope in future if he had a GC build up and a team focussed on it.

Much like Thomas Voekler who nearly won the Tour over Armstrong and then again over Evans.

Much like Thomas Voekler who nearly won the Tour over Armstrong and then again over Evans.

indeed, and it was mentioned a lot last year

2004, he eventually cracked and was half an hour down and 18th

2011 - he ended up 4th, just 3:20 down on cuddles, even beating contador

the oke who really burglarised the tdf was pereirro, he got a 30min+ break with shutuplegs and that is how it ended (eventually)

Didn't realise that he was actually going to go anywhere but Ineos from next year.

So the conspiracy theorists can harp on what secrets that go with him.

Where could he go? Would need to be a place that has GC aspirations, budget and a spot for a marque rider. He might need to take a serious paycut to get the right place and then have TdF win as a huge bonus - or come with a sponsor.

Lotto Jumbo - no space

bahrain mclaren - would piss on cavendish's batteries a bit

movistar - wtf is the point of movistar again?

Ag2R/FDJ - ja, how would that even work?

So i only see teams like EF/MS and DDD working simply, the rest would come as quite a shift from how he normally operates..

Trek - link up with richie, well they got nibbles now

Think this could be an option. Cav is well past his prime nd allows for chance to reunite with Poels

Landa would be the one well pissed off, would again end up in domestique role when he sees himself as a leader

Not sure he would be worried about the move to Bahrain for Froome if that happens cause he rides for Movistar. 

Landa? He's at Bahrain last time I looked unless he's bolted back to Movistar since the lockdown. 

post-15825-0-05070100-1589546736_thumb.jpg

Wow that luck lightning bolt really does strike twice doesn't it...

You're not untalented or out of form if you can lead the GC of the TdF for 10days with everyone else fighting to take time off you every day.

Certainly your team may not be prepared to support you all the way and there in lay the problem with deuc^&*%%^ Quikstep and Direct Energie (can't remember what they were called back in 2011)

Edited by DieselnDust