Chris Froome in discussions over a mid-season transfer?

Inhlanzi

I wouldn't believe everything you read on Velonews or the media for that matter. 

I certainly don't, it was just an opinion piece as I said. Eurohoody is quite well informed generally speaking.

I am sure whatever is the outcome Chris will handle it well and without bad blood.  Is he still his own agent?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly don't, it was just an opinion piece as I said. Eurohoody is quite well informed generally speaking.

I am sure whatever is the outcome Chris will handle it well and without bad blood.  Is he still his own agent?

Isn't his wife in charge of negotiations and PR?

No word from her since the WAG wars. Did a search for her here, found a Michelle Wiggins, don't think its that one.

Def. the one who takes the family pics though.

Chris did his initial big contract negs with Brailsford during that epic Veulta where he showed himself, which he ultimately won.

Edited by kosmonooit

Question if I may?  - Why is it a "thing" that he posts family pictures? Many athletes do it aswell and not always a picture of them in their sporting environment. I cant see why this would make any difference to any type of contract negotiation and hire them off a IG account or FB for that matter. At this level they not some student bicycle rider at Stellies being an "influencer" for a 30% discount on a box of gels or a team coughing up Millions of euros decide to hire him cause he has family photos on the 'gram. 

Not a 'thing' for me at all - I only mentioned if because the day just about every cycling news source in the world was carrying the story of this topic / thread, he put out some cool pics of cycling with his kids, I was happy to see them, how the kids are getting along.

Even if it was coincidence, it was a a good way of diffusing the attention he was getting, everyone must be on to him for comments. Its such a big story

The only 'thing' i would say is that how sometimes others read one's comments as though there is some sinister intent. I've always been a Chris fan, through thick and thin.

"An anonymous family member of Froome’s told L’Équipe"

I think we all know which family member likes stirring the pot.[emoji6]

I think its just clickbait by Cycling weekly and Cycling news.

I think its just clickbait by Cycling weekly and Cycling news.

Yeah I stopped those rags a while ago and then there's Hambinigate

You'd have think that it's classic manoeuvring to secure a contact and a settle the leadership questions in a very uncertain year. Unfortunately Sky / Ineos have always been pretty immune to riders having little chats with the cycling press to resolve anything. 

If, and that's a big 'if' he were to leave Movistar would have to be one of the stronger teams without leader issues. They have the remnants of their GT super riders in place, always gun for the team prize and with Max Scandri on board now there is a DS that could help another GT win for Froome and Unzue. 

Is' Startup Nation is also being touted but what is their team actually like to support him? Ineos will know everything about how Froome is planning to approach the race and knows the tried n tested way they break a peloton. Could he survive day after day on his own at the pointy end of a stage as well as all the other teams looking eliminate him? 

Another point would be who else in Ineos would be allowed to break contracts mid season and go across with him? Seems a beat up really as there are more downsides than upsides in a season that might not even run.  

Is Tim Kerrison transferable?

You'd have think that it's classic manoeuvring to secure a contact and a settle the leadership questions in a very uncertain year. Unfortunately Sky / Ineos have always been pretty immune to riders having little chats with the cycling press to resolve anything.

If, and that's a big 'if' he were to leave Movistar would have to be one of the stronger teams without leader issues. They have the remnants of their GT super riders in place, always gun for the team prize and with Max Scandri on board now there is a DS that could help another GT win for Froome and Unzue.

Is' Startup Nation is also being touted but what is their team actually like to support him? Ineos will know everything about how Froome is planning to approach the race and knows the tried n tested way they break a peloton. Could he survive day after day on his own at the pointy end of a stage as well as all the other teams looking eliminate him?

Another point would be who else in Ineos would be allowed to break contracts mid season and go across with him? Seems a beat up really as there are more downsides than upsides in a season that might not even run.

Is Tim Kerrison transferable?

Portal will be hard to replace.... Shame man. 

if we play the sky/ineos =  uspostal 2.0 game*,

Then Brailsford wouldn't want Froome to leave with all the secrets (or the secret sauce).

any backstabbing would end up with mutual destruction.

as an armchair spectator, not having Froome at ineos would make things spicier to watch.

*if Froome leaves and goes to ride somewhere else, it kind of would indirectly add to the credibility of his 4 tour wins