Are cyclist just too superior to keep their masks/buffs on

Stefalbertyn

i have had cause to chat to cops on my rides, and i have stayed well away from their vehicles - the 2m rule works just fine

Cool.

No further questions your honour.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing - must be the nuanced argument that allows you to use the law in this instance -

Jewbacca and Swift are right though - you're a law unto yourself Pyga - your approach embodies something that I see underpinning many ills of our age and it is evident to me that this approach is baked into the collective mind.

You and your ilk are best left alone and ridden a wide berth around.

Coming up against the implacable wrong-headedness of your approach and the rhetorical devices you and DD use in this thread to justify your stance is instructive to me of quite a few things so thanks for that. 

I hope you don't get sick with this thing, not least in case someone rides up behind you unannounced and not only for that reason.

the cops have zero interest in solitary bike riders, but to entertain your hypothetical, if they stopped me, then what?  there is no associated penalty or sanction attached to mask wearing, or that lack of it.  they cannot arrest or detain you, so they may stop me and then send me on my way with a stern admonishment.  i'm ok with that

Amazing - must be the nuanced argument that allows you to use the law in this instance -

Jewbacca and Swift are right though - you're a law unto yourself Pyga - your approach embodies something that I see underpinning many ills of our age and it is evident to me that this approach is baked into the collective mind.

You and your ilk are best left alone and ridden a wide berth around.

Coming up against the implacable wrong-headedness of your approach and the rhetorical devices you and DD use in this thread to justify your stance is instructive to me of quite a few things so thanks for that. 

I hope you don't get sick with this thing, not least in case someone rides up behind you unannounced and not only for that reason.

it must be nice to be so sure of everything in life.  i wrestle constantly with issues around me on a daily basis, and i reject the arrogance of professing to know all and judge all.  I try to look deeply into everything around me to critically understand the world i live in, but hey, you carry on sitting in scornful judgement.  if it makes to you feel better to dismiss this as many have labelled it, being a rebel without a cause and similar such infantile framing, then have at it - certainly all your posts drip with disdain and  spewing out derision on people who have the audacity to question the rules that literally govern our lives and freedom of movement.

with apologies to letterkenny "MUST BE NICE"

I have no interest in winning friends. And if you're not observing the safety protocols around me you are definitely not my friend.

Actually no but maybe you should try to win friends and influence people in the community you're directing your anger ...? Just a thought.

Yes this is the "my rights are being infringed upon argument" and anyone who insists I follow the established and simple safety protocols is a mindless zombie and a slave to authoritarian whim.

Actually not so much Pyga - you're being asked to wear a mask when outside and exercising. That's all. It's not an affront to your critical capacities or an infringement of your rights as a free thinking self determining individual - do me a favour.

it must be nice to be so sure of everything in life.  i wrestle constantly with issues around me on a daily basis, and i reject the arrogance of professing to know all and judge all.  I try to look deeply into everything around me to critically understand the world i live in, but hey, you carry on sitting in scornful judgement.  if it makes to you feel better to dismiss this as many have labelled it, being a rebel without a cause and similar such infantile framing, then have at it - certainly all your posts drip with disdain and  spewing out derision on people who have the audacity to question the rules that literally govern our lives and freedom of movement.

with apologies to letterkenny "MUST BE NICE"

Edited by Mamil

I have no interest in winning friends. And if you're not observing the safety protocols around me you are definitely not my friend.

there's a Mi Casa song somewhere in here

Yes this is the "my rights are being infringed upon argument" and anyone who insists I follow the established and simple safety protocols is a mindless zombie and a slave to authoritarian whim.

that truly makes no sense, and the little i think i understand is an obtusely reductionist, and certainly inaccurate paraphrasing.  0/10 - try again

Actually not so much Pyga - you're being asked to wear a mask when outside and exercising. That's all. It's not an affront to your critical capacities or an infringement of your rights as a free thinking self determining individual - do me a favour.

and again, you have chosen to ignore everything i have been trying to explain, and framed it incorrectly. 

OK I'll happily drink to that. You wouldn't fit into my bong smoking free thinking radicals clique anyway other than for purposes of amusement

Makes sense of a few things.

OK I'll happily drink to that. You wouldn't fit into my bong smoking free thinking radicals clique anyway other than for purposes of amusement

goddamn junky, probably listen to that hippy music too! to quote the lycra sage - "makes sense"  judgement much?

Okes, go to bed.

Raging at each other and trying to be the rightestestest isn't getting anywhere... I think some serious Dunning-Kruger effect is at play here, from all sides.

Or don't... But I hope you're still proud of what you're up to in the morning.

Okes, go to bed.

Raging at each other and trying to be the rightestestest isn't getting anywhere... I think some serious Dunning-Kruger effect is at play here, from all sides.

Or don't... But I hope you're still proud of what you're up to in the morning.

It has been mildly entertaining this evening though

Think everyone has their ragey thing. I go on and on about motorists murdering cyclists and other roads users by drunk driving, cell phone use and no care for other road users. Some people go on about masks, some people go on about farm murders etc..

It has been mildly entertaining this evening though

I’ve had a few chuckles . Haven’t seen a chap get triggered like that for a while. Even Patch was trying to protect him. Must say I think he got away lightly . But was a great evening . I’m off to bed so I can be first in lions head tmrw .