Are cyclist just too superior to keep their masks/buffs on

Stefalbertyn

Nope.

Encountered precisely zero people this morning.

I meant for me personally but I'm not surprised that you didn't encounter anyone. The mornings are increasingly more pleasant as fewer and fewer people are venturing outside before sunrise. went for a quick 5km run, only saw a few hardcore guys and gals and surfers. Boy I miss those dawn patrols

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I avoid Leeukop on most days. But I'm pretty sure the Hiking Karens Association must be fuming 52f8a11d548ddaf5dd2bba45a53ae0d5.jpg

I'm sure these hikers will receive ample support from the unmasked on here for this. My guess we'll start off blaming Sanparks for being law abiding.

I'm sure these hikers will receive ample support from the unmasked on here for this. My guess we'll start off blaming Sanparks for being law abiding.

Is this the same Sanparks who's rangers broke Nic Dlamini's arm? If it's that sanparks then I don't think you'll see many people rallying behind them on here.

I really don't get the rant over people not wearing face masks. Why should this be surprising to anyone? Folks in SA have long ago given a stuff about abiding by the law. They drive while under the influence of alcohol, they text and whattwitfacestagram, they don't stop at stop streets. They drive up one-way roads from the wrong side. They don't pay their TV licenses. They speed...you get the point.

Now that one more thing has popped up trying to kill humanity, all the world gets their titties in a knot about who is and who is not wearing a mask.

I say we are adulting here, so let the responsible one's wear a mask, for their own protection. For the rest, let the strongest survive. A small little bug named after a beer or a crown, depending who you ask, will deal with the weakest.

When I'm out in a public space, I wear a mask or my buff, regardless if I'm not in immediate surrounds of people or not (unless I am absolutely singularly alone, on some single track somewhere). Anyone not wearing a mask just gets ignored. I have better things to expend my energy on.

You know if they opened the bottle stores then that crowd would have other places to be..  :ph34r:

Chardonay with 2 blocks of ice please.

Talking of asthma. I currently do not ride my bike because I cannot do any strenious exercise with a mask. I battle already to get air into my lungs. The mask makes this 10 times worse.

Also, I have already heard about people fainting while excercising with masks as the mask traps too much carbon dioxide which is inhaled again, starving the body of enough oxygen.

So I will wait for the time when we can ride without masks, or will ride on the farms with the mask around my neck until I see someone coming close to me.

So there is that. Go berate me now as inconsiderate. I really could care stuffall anymore.

I really don't get the rant over people not wearing face masks. Why should this be surprising to anyone? Folks in SA have long ago given a stuff about abiding by the law. They drive while under the influence of alcohol, they text and whattwitfacestagram, they don't stop at stop streets. They drive up one-way roads from the wrong side. They don't pay their TV licenses. They speed...you get the point.

Now that one more thing has popped up trying to kill humanity, all the world gets their titties in a knot about who is and who is not wearing a mask.

I say we are adulting here, so let the responsible one's wear a mask, for their own protection. For the rest, let the strongest survive. A small little bug named after a beer or a crown, depending who you ask, will deal with the weakest.

When I'm out in a public space, I wear a mask or my buff, regardless if I'm not in immediate surrounds of people or not (unless I am absolutely singularly alone, on some single track somewhere). Anyone not wearing a mask just gets ignored. I have better things to expend my energy on.

There really needs to be degrees of "Like" because this just sums it all brilliantly!

Is this the same Sanparks who's rangers broke Nic Dlamini's arm? If it's that sanparks then I don't think you'll see many people rallying behind them on here.

Either way the trails are closed and now Sanparks can justify their decision.

If masks are the only reason and this is not some press generated sensationalist story then its a  very irrational decision.

Edited by DieselnDust

If masks are the only reason and this is not some press generated sensationalist story then its a very irrational decision.

As I understand there were a quite a few people on the mountain outside of the 6AM-6PM period in which Corona sleeps. It was probably a number of issues that led to the closure, not just masks.

As I understand there were a quite a few people on the mountain outside of the 6AM-6PM period in which Corona sleeps. It was probably a number of issues that led to the closure, not just masks.

The mask issue aside.

It always amazes me how hard Sanparks seems to try to be unpopular with the people they are supposed to serve.

Reminds me of my past "universities would be a great place to work...if it wasn't for the students."

The mask issue aside.

It always amazes me how hard Sanparks seems to try to be unpopular with the people they are supposed to serve.

Humans are arseholes. Humans are also hypocrites. And humans will bend rules to suit whatever the agenda is. Unfortunately if the rules are not being enforced by the people running the country, then people will do and justify what ever they want.

I live in the UAE. The rules are pretty clear here and if you break them you can also see the hefty fines you will pay. Wearing a mask here was mandatory up until a week back when they relaxed the rules for exercise only. I would say 90% of people followed those rules and wore masks despite the temperature being around 45 degrees as it stands. And that’s because here everyone is afraid to risk a hefty fine.

South Africa is currently in winter as it stands. I can’t understand why it’s that difficult to wear one. Even if you don’t wear it all the time, at least keep it on and pull it up when you pass cyclist’s. I don’t think that’s unreasonable. Unfortunately if the government don’t enforce this properly then they probably don’t care as well. People will do whatever they want if they know they’re gonna get away with it.

So despite how strict and well policed it is 10% still don't follow the rules?