Are cyclist just too superior to keep their masks/buffs on

Stefalbertyn

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasn't there always been booze restrictions on weekends?

you mean buying booze? no. You could buy Saturday and Sunday.

Oh relax will you, its called sarcasm.  

This is no time for humor. Be serious. Trust your government. Obey the ridiculous rules. Etc Etc Etc.

I'm not even going to mention a place that I wasn't at on the weekend where I was literally the only person in  a gas mask incase the tantrum havers on here lobby for it's closure so they can be right.

But I wasn't really there. And if I was I would have been in my gas mask. But I wasn't. I was safely at home cowering behind my computer bravely making comments on here and facebook about other people.

Oh and I SAW SEVERAL SURFERS having fun at Table View on Friday. They should all be arrested and charged with attempted murder!!!!!

Edited by Duane_Bosch

My posts were not laced with ad hominem content - they were out and out attacks, personal and non-personal and I stand by every single comment I made.

Mamil wan't "triggered" - I was and am furious and massively disillusioned by the behaviour of 80 percent of people on both my otside excursions over the weekend. Suday SO and I took a walk above Rhodes mem - it looks like Italy before the **** show started there.

To the list of emotions I experience and express here I add scared. Scared for what's coming as the wave builds and scared on a personal level as "you" and whomeever else, comes puffing down the trail potentially shedding this illness through a cheery greeting or gritted teeth.

You okes can dismiss my fury as being "toxic" or bad social media or whatever it is that's going to ensure your "comfort" but it's the "comfort" of the myopic and the ostrich.

All this tut tutting about Mamil - snoke a bong mamil - have a cookie - I'm not the issue - the issue is the issue and despite the massive amount of information exhorting and cajoling Mr Everyman into proper community oriented behaviour ....

And the attitude extends beyond the masks and the virus. It's behind the massive trenchant problems of our age - racism, environment, inequality, all the huge and intractable social problems are underpinned by processes and thinking similar to that highlighted by the non-compliance with simple precautionary messages from government.

So put that in your peace bongs and pray it's only vape in that cloud coming out your mouth.

I'm out - 

Maybe see you on the other side of this but I doubt it.

Wow this thread got boiling over the weekend? I'm not even going to look back at it.

I'm handling this differently, online and in real life.

No one is an expert here, not even the epidemiologists know what's going on yet. There's about 30 people in the world with deep knowledge in coranviruses and they are early on the learning curve on SARS-covid19.

Your opinions are your opinions, just find a balance between saying what you think should be done, calling out people who act in a way that affects you directly, judging people for what they're doing if it affects you indirectly and not inflaming scenarios that are already tense.

in summary, this still applies, infact more than ever

don't be a ****, be lekker

post-1830-0-34005900-1591610520_thumb.jpeg

Is that Chappies? This weekend?

Wow this thread got boiling over the weekend? I'm not even going to look back at it.

No one is an expert here, not even the epidemiologists know what's going on yet. There's about 30 people in the world with deep knowledge in coranviruses and they are early on the learning curve on SARS-covid19.

Your opinions are your opinions, just find a balance between saying what you think should be done, calling out people who act in a way that affects you directly, judging people for what they're doing if it affects you indirectly and not inflaming scenarios that are already tense.

Good to see the Karens are out practicing what they preach

I can confer with Mamil about above rhodes to table mountain being packed yesterday. Majority of people didnt have masks, plenty of groups of people, Not mother, father and kids. More like groups of women, mixed groups, dunno if they related tho. Just witnessed in awe how some people just didnt care. The people I passed on the hiking trails who had masks, were not wearing them. Only when I came close would they pull the mask up. I had my buff double folded on my face 90% of the time. I would pull it off when I stopped. And of course the special dog owners too!! Got charged by one dog and the lady started shouting at me for walking in the bush. Goodness, its a hiking trail!!!! I reminded her about leash laws and she is wearing a mask why not the leash while walking on. Should of asked about her permit too, but I just wanted to get away.

Are we allowed to get on the mountain and hike now?

Are we allowed to get on the mountain and hike now?

Yip except where entrance is controlled. So you can hike to the top of table mountain from Constantia Nek but not from Kirstenbosch.

Chappies trails are open, Hout Bay

Lions Head is closed

Kalk Bay is open 

I thought I'd relate this event yesterday:

My 7 year old son and I went for a ride yesterday to christen his new bike.

We headed off to lower Tokai. It's his favourite place to ride, and we had great fun surfing the tree stumps.

As we were heading back to the car, he dropped behind a little.

As I passed a group of adults and teenagers gathered at the side of the path I heard him go down.

He fell quite hard and trapped his knee under the frame and started to howl.

Now, none of the group I'd just past had masks on, and my son had fallen directly across from them.

Two of the younger adults jumped up to respond and assist. Human nature took over and they dashed to his aid, oblivious to the fact that they had no masks on, just wanting to help.

They reached him before I did, and despite my shouting to leave him alone they were too focussed to stop. One lifted the bike off him, the other helped him up. I was then close enough to ask them to please leave him alone.

On the one hand, it was heart warming to see the human instinct to help, on the other - get away from my little boy if you don't have a mask on.

What it does bring home is that all of these 'scenarios' which people are playing out in their heads as to why ............... (insert whatever rule/law/advice) doesn't necessarily apply to them, arrogantly assumes that they can control every situation they find themselves in. 

I had a ride at Hoogekraal on Saturday. Just me. All alone. One bloke sitting on the bench at the top waiting for his buds who were riding the cobra. I got passed by one guy as I made my way back to the top of the cobra. Those were the 2 times I had to have myself masked up. for the rest, it was me, some flies, a few crows and the peace and quiet of a lekker trail.

On Sunday, I rode the Melkbos to Paarden Island cycle path with plenty of people sharing the space. 

It is certain that it is much safer on the trails than elsewhere. That pic of Chapmans is the most people I have ever seen congregated there, even on December or during Argus time.

Replying to = Are cyclist just too superior to keep their masks/buffs on  :thumbup: Answering for a Friend and thats a YES!! its not like the virus is going to jump on anyone doing 20kph and riding in twos good chance it will miss anyway or hit someone else !!?

just saying :eek: