Are bikes in CPT pricier than rest of SA

MajG

it would be interesting to scrape the hub classifieds once a month for a few months and then plough that data into a PowerBI dashboard to check these claims with some analytics....

Doubt admin would be too happy about that though

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

at the One&only maybe!

The last few good pizzas I've had from Village Bicycle and Bardelli's have all been R150+

That being said, they were fully loaded and nowhere near the crappy stuff you get from franchises...

Is Table View actually Cape Town though?.....  :ph34r:

I remember when I was at Cape Technikon many years ago, I told a class mate from Rondebosch that I live in Table View. He had never heard of it.

I remember when I was at Cape Technikon many years ago, I told a class mate from Rondebosch that I live in Table View. He had never heard of it.

I'm not even surprised... It's crazy the amount of capetownians who have never been around the cape... Some don't know table view, but also lots have never been to simon's town... And I'm talking middle class people here. When we settled in we were so surprised that every weekend we were going to places our friends didn't even know about ! I guess it's the privilege of not being from here, i'm sure tourists  who come to my hometown in France also go to places I don't know about :D

Edited by Jbr

hahahahaha That is classic.

I've only been there a handful of times and I have lived in CT for a very large part of my life.

I'm not even surprised... It's crazy the amount of capetownians who have never been around the cape... Some don't know table view, but also lots have never been to simon's town... And I'm talking middle class people here. When we settled in we were so surprised that every weekend we were going to places our friends didn't even know about ! I guess it's the privilege of not being from here, i'm sure tourists  who come to my hometown in France also go to places I don't know about :D

having moved from TV to Melkbos and now to Rondebosch, I can say that the people in the southern suburbs are very closed minded to anything that happens north of the mountain. The okes that surf will obviously know about the west coast, but that's about it

having moved from TV to Melkbos and now to Rondebosch, I can say that the people in the southern suburbs are very closed minded to anything that happens north of the mountain. The okes that surf will obviously know about the west coast, but that's about it

well now that ranatunga junction has closed what is the point of going further than (anal walk?

having moved from TV to Melkbos and now to Rondebosch, I can say that the people in the southern suburbs are very closed minded to anything that happens north of the mountain. 

snip

have you seen their only REAL means (m3/m5) of getting this side of the mountain?? I'd stay cloistered that side too if i had to drive in that everyday haha

Edited by morneS555

Housing, living and now cycling are all a bit more expensive in the Cape...  the worst example is probably wheel builds: +/- R500 in CPT and R180 in Bloemfontein!!  I have bought many bikes on The Hub: sight unseen from all around the country and never had a bad experience.  You can always get the LBS to confirm the bike exists, communicate one on one, check the ratings and you will be surprised at just how honest 'most' Hubbers are.  The more readily we buy out of town, the less the price discrepancy will be.  Good for everyone.

Housing, living and now cycling are all a bit more expensive in the Cape...  the worst example is probably wheel builds: +/- R500 in CPT and R180 in Bloemfontein!!  I have bought many bikes on The Hub: sight unseen from all around the country and never had a bad experience.  You can always get the LBS to confirm the bike exists, communicate one on one, check the ratings and you will be surprised at just how honest 'most' Hubbers are.  The more readily we buy out of town, the less the price discrepancy will be.  Good for everyone.

that's because Bloemfontein is so flat they can use spaghetti for the spokes.

Well One thing is for sure...If you see an advert on any Facebook platform with no location mentioned...be sure the seller is from CPT.

Strange how some of the Capetonians think that CPT is South Africa and everyone lives there so no need to post your @#$%^ location :-) 

Anyway on a serious note...guys if yo are from CPT and do advertise stuff....remember dude...you may (or not) know where you live..... we dont Bru !!!!!    :w00t:  :clap: 

Well One thing is for sure...If you see an advert on any Facebook platform with no location mentioned...be sure the seller is from CPT.

Strange how some of the Capetonians think that CPT is South Africa and everyone lives there so no need to post your @#$%^ location :-) 

Anyway on a serious note...guys if yo are from CPT and do advertise stuff....remember dude...you may (or not) know where you live..... we dont Bru !!!!!    :w00t:  :clap:

why bother noting if you are from CT .... if you JHB lot come down here for December holidays and for the Argus anyway...it is not like you are going to around to collect your goods!

There are still people left on the other side of the escarpment?

Thought they all emigrated after living in Vereniging their whole lives and thinking that was it.... not even once crossing the Grasmere tollplaza.

Meh, who would have thought...

haha 

:ph34r:  :whistling: 

edit: font

Edited by morneS555

Well you seem to get the "code" ... so why waste keys to type in the address .....