Tour de France 2021

gummibear

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

Interviewer clearly running low on insightful questions. 

Yeah... "Are you worried about Jonas?". How are you supposed to answer that. I mean based on the 6 minute time gap, that would be like asking the GC leader on stage 18 of other tours if he's worried about the guy in 10th position. 

Edited by Mountain Bru

I think it's a similar situation to 'what present do you buy someone who has everything'....

What can you actually ask him that ads to the interest of the race? He is going to win 3 jerseys (again) and is in firm control of the race. Anything you ask him is going to seem corny....

3 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I think it's a similar situation to 'what present do you buy someone who has everything'....

What can you actually ask him that ads to the interest of the race? He is going to win 3 jerseys (again) and is in firm control of the race. Anything you ask him is going to seem corny....

For sure, but I think that's an especially terrible question if you look at the race situation. Not sure if you watched the interview, but Pog's response was a confused "Should I be??". And then realizing that might come across as being arrogant and trying to back pedal and speaking about his form. But I kind of agree with Pog. He's almost 6 minutes ahead, smashed everyone in the first TT, has dominated everyone on the climbs, and is now being asked if he's worried about Jonas. 

23 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

For sure, but I think that's an especially terrible question if you look at the race situation. Not sure if you watched the interview, but Pog's response was a confused "Should I be??". And then realizing that might come across as being arrogant and trying to back pedal and speaking about his form. But I kind of agree with Pog. He's almost 6 minutes ahead, smashed everyone in the first TT, has dominated everyone on the climbs, and is now being asked if he's worried about Jonas. 

Any question you ask him is going to elicit a corny answer.

"was today's stage tough?"

"Yes it was" and he sounds like he is humble bragging after he smashed it and everyone

"no it wasn't" and he sounds arrogant

He is in such a dominant position that honest answers can and will be perceived incorrectly. Even basic ones.

I think the Jonas question is valid as he is seemingly the only person to have put him under any sort of pressure this year, even if it wasn't real time scoreboard pressure.

If you run most questions through your head from many angles, almost all of them and the expected answers seem corny

15 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Any question you ask him is going to elicit a corny answer.

"was today's stage tough?"

"Yes it was" and he sounds like he is humble bragging after he smashed it and everyone

"no it wasn't" and he sounds arrogant

He is in such a dominant position that honest answers can and will be perceived incorrectly. Even basic ones.

I think the Jonas question is valid as he is seemingly the only person to have put him under any sort of pressure this year, even if it wasn't real time scoreboard pressure.

If you run most questions through your head from many angles, almost all of them and the expected answers seem corny

Nah dude

Interviewer: So you've basically won the tdf.. Pog - well um, no, not yet really. 

Interviewer: Are you worried about Vin? Pog - who? Laughs uncomfortably, gives a 'do you know how long 5 mins is' look. 

Interviewer: You remember the Rog vs Pog TT, do you think it'll happen with Pog vs Vin? Pog - wtf man?! 

So it is nearly all over.

Podium is settled ( unless one of the top 3 has a major mishap).

Fair and square as well as Pog is in a class of his own and the other 2 are certainly stronger than any of the rest.

Only outstanding issues to be settled are the green jersey and the shared record.

Then for the Olympics.

8 hours ago, TNT1 said:

More bloody initials and abbreviations.

I assume you mean Crappapaz?

I see Pogacar and Vingegaard doing everything in their power to make sure they beat him again. Little twat.

As opposed to Richie P (is he still in the race?) .... all too easy for esteemed members here to bark up the wrong tree.

Anyway, I think he learnt yesterday that he cannot attack Podg and expect to get away at the moment, so its the battle for the second step, but that seems over. Pending the TT, which is not his strong point, he will have to limit his loses.   RC was 23 and JV was 3 on the TT on Stage 5.

"El límite no existe hasta que lo intentas!"

spacer.png

18 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Thanks. 

Investigation started on 3rd of July, which makes way more sense now. 

The way I perceived it previously was that the raid was only done on a single tip-off. But now it is clear that there was some investigation into the allegations and this raid is the culmination of that. 

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/matej-mohoric-says-police-raid-on-bahrain-victorious-hotel-made-him-feel-like-a-drug-dealer

And an anonymous tip off from 2 people triggered it all. The more things change the more it stays the same

11 hours ago, kosmonooit said:

As opposed to Richie P

The bleep? Is this an AA meeting?