Tour de France 2021

gummibear

14 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

He shares a name and very pale complexion with another Danish cyclist who unfortunately landed up on the naughty list.....

Michael was also pale as a ghost. 

I miss the chicken man.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, splat said:

Is there any substance to this drama ?

This kind of headline was a regular a day or two before The Tour started through the 90's.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/police-raid-bahrain-victorious-hotel-at-tour-de-france/

One thing that surprised me was the dominant performance of M. PADUN at the Dauphine and then they don't take him to the Tour. 

Why not take someone on amazing form? 

Unless he has an adverse finding on his A-sample and you are fighting in the background for reviews etc. 

So I was suspicious of him specifically. 

8 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Must do wonders for the rest and recovery of riders, especially after yesterday's brute of a stage.

seems likely a tip off from a rival team manager prompted the raid. Alls fair in love and war they say

8 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

seems likely a tip off from a rival team manager prompted the raid. Alls fair in love and war they say

I'd guess a French newspaper was the spur here.

7 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

For those in-the-now (John, wink wink, nudge nudge):

A tip-off cannot simply be "I think they are doping"? Surely they must have some form of evidence to support the tip-off. Or else it is a free-for-all, sending cops to every hotel at 11PM?

In the past it was an anonymous phone call. Doping related complaints don't need much more than a tip off to trigger action. Arrests on the other hand,, impounding of assets etc that will require evidence

2 hours ago, kosmonooit said:

I see Richie C doing well today .... vamooo0s!

He’s been doing well all along - problem is he’s not doing better than well 

11 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

In the past it was an anonymous phone call. Doping related complaints don't need much more than a tip off to trigger action. Arrests on the other hand,, impounding of assets etc that will require evidence

Then expect an anonymous tip off of about 20 teams tonight, coming from a single angry hotel room. 

45 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

For those in-the-now (John, wink wink, nudge nudge):

A tip-off cannot simply be "I think they are doping"? Surely they must have some form of evidence to support the tip-off. Or else it is a free-for-all, sending cops to every hotel at 11PM?

like advertising your mate's Corolla on FB marketplace!!