Tour de France 2021

gummibear

Old Cav, hope he gets through the day. And a shot at that record. 

In some quirk he is almost the lanterne rouge too. imagine that. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, sunchaser said:

Cav is definitely not the lanterne rouge. He has at minimum 3 DQS guys pulling up the hills. 

He is 3hours, 24 minutes and 27 seconds off Tadej in 142nd place. The Lanterne Rouge is currently 3hours, 46 minutes and 39 seconds off Tadej, so 22 Minutes separate Cav and Tim de Clerq. He is most definitely almost the Lantern Rouge.

The irony is that he is also winning the 'fast man' catagory!

Edited by Jewbacca

I was really hoping for Cav to get to 35 wins and keeping Green all the way to Paris, but must admit, with the way Matthews is fighting for that green jersey, maybe Cav to 35 and Matthews in Green in Paris would not be a bad result either.

I did not for one minute expect the top 3 to be like that yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

He is 4hours, 25 minutes and 35 seconds off Tadej in 135th place. The Lanterne Rouge is currently 4hours, 25 minutes and 39 seconds off Tadej, so 4 seconds separates Cav and Nils Eekhof. He is most definitely almost the Lantern Rouge.

It is indeed a irony. But it will also be an irony if Colbrelli or Matthews win the "fast man" category as they are certainly slower than Cav.

10 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

He is 4hours, 25 minutes and 35 seconds off Tadej in 135th place. The Lanterne Rouge is currently 4hours, 25 minutes and 39 seconds off Tadej, so 4 seconds separates Cav and Nils Eekhof. He is most definitely almost the Lantern Rouge.

I think you might be looking at stage results of yesterday. Tim is Lantern Rouge at 3H46'39" of Tadej. Cav about 22' up the road, although only 3 spots.

Edited by Koos Likkewaan
22 minutes

1 minute ago, dsw said:

It is indeed a irony. But it will also be an irony if Colbrelli or Matthews win the "fast man" category as they are certainly slower than Cav.

Sagan did it for years. Won almost no sprints but won green.

Guys were talking about 'if Cav gets to Paris the green jersey is stitched up' last week, but I think people forget how one actually wins Green and where and how the points are dished out. 

Just now, Koos Likkewaan said:

I think you might be looking at stage results of yesterday. Tim is Lantern Rouge at 3H46'39" of Tadej. Cav about 22" up the road, although only 3 spots.

My bad... 22 seconds then... 3 spots off. Even better!

Just now, Jewbacca said:

Sagan did it for years. Won almost no sprints but won green.

Guys were talking about 'if Cav gets to Paris the green jersey is stitched up' last week, but I think people forget how one actually wins Green and where and how the points are dished out. 

My bad... 22 seconds then... 3 spots off. Even better!

????, just corrected my post. 22 minutes.????

1 minute ago, Koos Likkewaan said:

????, just corrected my post. 22 minutes.????

The next 2 days are going to be spicy. Hoping he doesn't blow a shoe.

Either way, the battle for Polka dots likely to be decided over the next 2 days as well as some big hitting GC 'drag racing' to the mountain top finishes.

Green? I reckon a few laps around the Champs and we should have an idea

1 minute ago, Jewbacca said:

The next 2 days are going to be spicy. Hoping he doesn't blow a shoe.

Either way, the battle for Polka dots likely to be decided over the next 2 days as well as some big hitting GC 'drag racing' to the mountain top finishes.

Green? I reckon a few laps around the Champs and we should have an idea

I am on the edge of my seat everyday hoping he survives another day (and I do not even like the guy). 

I even worked out this whole thing, and concluded that MC wins green by 2 points in Paris, with WvA winning in Paris.

And then yesterday happened. Aaah forget it, just enjoy every day and see what happens.

Brilliant tour so far.

And how can Cav (who has support) be slower than Froome (rides for cash) who gets dropped by any incline

9 minutes ago, sunchaser said:

And how can Cav (who has support) be slower than Froome (rides for cash) who gets dropped by any incline

I

3 hours ago, Chris_ said:

Ivan Cortina no-hands wheelie! 

This tour de tietema page is brilliant. It seems they (?) organize wheelie challenge sections on the tdf. Awesome

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRQjkBgp7CG/?utm_medium=copy_link

I see ASO(I think) got them shut down. I can't view your insta link here at work so not sure which one it was but one of his latest insta posts he explains why. Really sucks, bunch of tjops. 

and yes, they have painted a start line on the climbs and some of the riders at the back "compete" in the wheelie challenge. Think the current distance record is like 147M by one of the nexthash riders.

11 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

I see ASO(I think) got them shut down. I can't view your insta link here at work so not sure which one it was but one of his latest insta posts he explains why. Really sucks, bunch of tjops. 

and yes, they have painted a start line on the climbs and some of the riders at the back "compete" in the wheelie challenge. Think the current distance record is like 147M by one of the nexthash riders.

Ja I was loathe to post an insta link, I know they're difficult to view.

Max Walscheid 174m (you had the right no's ????) incredible

1 minute ago, Chris_ said:

Ja I was loathe to post an insta link, I know they're difficult to view.

Max Walscheid 174m (you had the right no's ????) incredible

Agg pretty much all social media is blocked here at work. Twitter, FB, insta all blocked.

LOL yeah that's the guy. 174 is far and it included a switchback as well!!!!!! The dude running with the camera was out of breath afterwards, think if he carried on much longer we would have missed some????.

51 minutes ago, dsw said:

only over 100m x 3..

The rest of the time they've been ahead. Cav is the slowest fast man which as Jewie says, a moerse irony.

Maybe they should also bring back the Combined Jersey to replace the white (the white replaced Combined) since the race is dominated by U25's anyway