Tour de France 2021

gummibear

2 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Cranks haven't been photographed yet. The pics posted last month are of a non series or pre production prototype. Would love to see a pic of the cranks Konrad has fitted to his bike

Maybe it was my eyes, but these cranks look different for me.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/13/2021 at 8:59 AM, Andymann said:

I'm sure all of us contributing to this thread have our little idiosyncrasies - I do Duathlon and I absolutely cannot cycle without gloves - I've tried and I have this mental block - to a point that when I do my first run I run in gloves just to save time in transition. ............

It's because you once watched and liked a Michael Jackson music video..............permanent damage I tell you ???? 

Edited by DJR

6 minutes ago, Patchelicious said:

Maybe it was my eyes, but these cranks look different for me.

those  are the current DA-R9100 cranks. Pause at 2:14

Edited by DieselnDust

9 minutes ago, DJR said:

It's because you once watched and liked a Michael Jackson music video..............permanent damage I tell you ???? 

the black shoes and white socks are a giveaway... 

23 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

only over 100m x 3..

The rest of the time they've been ahead. Cav is the slowest fast man which as Jewie says, a moerse irony.

Maybe they should also bring back the Combined Jersey to replace the white (the white replaced Combined) since the race is dominated by U25's anyway

I think it was during the Giro I commented the young rider jersey was a waste because 3 or 4 of the top 5 overall at the time were 'young'. And that they should probably change the age to qualify.

But... and someone said this the other day, there should be a vets jersey. Its not a bad idea to bin the white jersey, and set up a grey / plaid (?) jersey for the old buggers. I reckon that'll be far more entertaining than the young guns.

3 minutes ago, Chris_ said:

I think it was during the Giro I commented the young rider jersey was a waste because 3 or 4 of the top 5 overall at the time were 'young'. And that they should probably change the age to qualify.

But... and someone said this the other day, there should be a vets jersey. Its not a bad idea to bin the white jersey, and set up a grey / plaid (?) jersey for the old buggers. I reckon that'll be far more entertaining than the young guns.

A Flannel jersey! 

I'm in. Velverde will wear it for the next 24 years

33 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

only over 100m x 3..

The rest of the time they've been ahead. Cav is the slowest fast man which as Jewie says, a moerse irony.

Maybe they should also bring back the Combined Jersey to replace the white (the white replaced Combined) since the race is dominated by U25's anyway

Yeah, I have always thought they must have a proper sprinters jersey for which points are only awarded awarded to the top finishers at the end of stages.

The last "real" sprinter to win green before Bennett did so last year was Cavendish in 2011.

The bunch sprints are spectacular like an extreme sport and make for brilliant tv viewing so the top sprinters deserve to have their own jersey to compete for imo. 

5 minutes ago, dsw said:

The last "real" sprinter to win green before Bennett did so last year was Cavendish in 2011.

Yoh you cut the hub elders deep

I don't think older statesmen would be interested in racing for a jersey. If you're still around at 36 you are either a definite team player or a winner making a comeback.

I would prefer they did away with the white, award the green jersey to the guy who wins the most stages and have a points jersey for intermediate sprints, most attacking, most consistently in the break sort of thing.

They need to find a way to keep the racing animated and reward it.

13 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

A Flannel jersey! 

I'm in. Velverde will wear it for the next 24 years

flannel.... Merino bru......nothing but Merino will do you know to appeal to the rapha crowd

3 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I don't think older statesmen would be interested in racing for a jersey. If you're still around at 36 you are either a definite team player or a winner making a comeback.

I would prefer they did away with the white, award the green jersey to the guy who wins the most stages and have a points jersey for intermediate sprints, most attacking, most consistently in the break sort of thing.

They need to find a way to keep the racing animated and reward it.

That was the Combined jersey competition, the rider who was best placed in GC, Points, and KOM according the formula used wore the Combined jersey. It wasn't a pretty affair but I reckon modern design trends can sort that out chop chop snip snip

Steven Kruijswijk quits

13:05

Steven Kruijswijk has called it a race. Jumbo-Visma remains with 4 riders only: Wout van Aert, Sepp Kuss, Mike Teunissen and Jonas Vingegaard.

???? This is not the Tour for TJV. If Vingegaard ends up on the podium it will be a remarkable achievement.