Tour de France 2021

gummibear

4 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

He's found the right balance in his training to minimise his weakness without losing his strengths. Impressive tour so far for Colbrelli. My stand out rider of the 2021 tour

He has been very impressive, hasn't he. I think he's also taken a leaf out of Sagan's playbook in doing so but it is a way to win the Points jersey or at the very least compete for it. The battle for green is definitely not over by a long shot. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That'll make Sagan and his 'Band Of Brothers' smile. The 1st ever Austrian champion's jersey to win a stage at the Tour de France. Patrick Konrad's first win outside of Austria, priceless.

"This win is for my fans, my friends, my believers, and of course Bora'..." 

Image 2021-07-13 at 18.35.jpg

Edited by 'Dale

Very glad for Patrick Konrad. 

I wonder whether he would have been given the freedom if Sagan was still in the race.

Hopefully the race for second and third on the podium will explode tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, dsw said:

No man, Cav is the standout rider. Colbrelli has not won anything yet.

He hasn't but I've certainly changed my mind on him, big time. It's my bad not knowing enough about the dude but I'd always seen him as an average, frumpy looking sprinter, only. 

As well as Michael Matthews come to think of it, I think he's rubbish but the guy is hanging around the front a lot, and I'm again surprised for how long. 

Cav ja obviously he'll get the press, but you can't mention him, I think, without the simply sublime DQS lead-out train. What a team

3 hours ago, dsw said:

No man, Cav is the standout rider. Colbrelli has not won anything yet.

hence"my stand out rider of the 2021 tour" not "THE standout rider...". Once we get to the finish line and we look back at an amzing 3 weeks there are going to be many moments that will stand out for different people. Cavendish come back with definitely be one of the most inspirational stories. Cav winning has been getting a lot of press while Colbrelli has been punching way above his weight and creating his opportunities by himself. Tomorrow I expect to see him the break yet again going after the Sprinters Prime points at 113km before he sits in for the climb. He'll definitely be on the wheel of a climber. 

2 hours ago, Chris_ said:

He hasn't but I've certainly changed my mind on him, big time. It's my bad not knowing enough about the dude but I'd always seen him as an average, frumpy looking sprinter, only. 

As well as Michael Matthews come to think of it, I think he's rubbish but the guy is hanging around the front a lot, and I'm again surprised for how long. 

Cav ja obviously he'll get the press, but you can't mention him, I think, without the simply sublime DQS lead-out train. What a team

42 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

hence"my stand out rider of the 2021 tour" not "THE standout rider...". Once we get to the finish line and we look back at an amzing 3 weeks there are going to be many moments that will stand out for different people. Cavendish come back with definitely be one of the most inspirational stories. Cav winning has been getting a lot of press while Colbrelli has been punching way above his weight and creating his opportunities by himself. Tomorrow I expect to see him the break yet again going after the Sprinters Prime points at 113km before he sits in for the climb. He'll definitely be on the wheel of a climber. 

Sonny has been very good so far , no doubts. 

Same goes for Michael Matthews...... Also very much still in the hunt for Green.  

Another rider who is often under the radar but who is performing out of his skin in this race is Wout Poels.

IG: @rouleurmagazine: Stage 5 of the 1919 Tour was a 482 km route down the western coast of France from Les Sables d’Olonne to Bayonne on roads severely neglected after World War One. 

???? Maurice Branger / Roger Violet via Getty Images

3D6441CA-649E-4E28-9043-B3FBE61427DA.jpeg

On to the the second day in the Pyrenees

Our host for our trip was Velo Pyrenees, Lee and Julie are the host, tour guides, back up and chefs.

Our trip was in September, we did not have the best of weather, for someone that operates in temperature above 40, it was a shock to my system.

We had some coffee and crepe`s at the famous coffee shop atop Peyresourde, we would do the climb twice over the five days from different approaches.

My French is and was non-existent, I manage to order 21 coffees between the six of us.

I had my trusty XT310 Garmin from 2009 with me, but for this trip we had road maps for every day.

There was one afternoon with some sunlight and our German friend, Arni, took up the opportunity for some sunbathing. As a present a few months later we received a coffee book from our German friends with pictures from our adventure.

Proof that we made it to the top of Azet.

GOPR0012.JPG

IMG_3766 - Copy.jpg

IMG_3769.jpg

IMG_6914.jpg

IMG_6947.jpg

38 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

IG: @rouleurmagazine: Stage 5 of the 1919 Tour was a 482 km route down the western coast of France from Les Sables d’Olonne to Bayonne on roads severely neglected after World War One. 

???? Maurice Branger / Roger Violet via Getty Images

3D6441CA-649E-4E28-9043-B3FBE61427DA.jpeg

One day Dale Jnr Jnr Jnr will post pics of 2021 TdF and people will look at them and go wow... 

16 hours ago, Patchelicious said:

They just had a close up of Konrads cranks. That Dura Ace crank arm looked a little different, seemed very smooth no sharp corners, Campy like almost?

Can't get any good pics of it.

The new Di2 is soon to be release and a couple of spy shots have been fired............but the cranks of the new Di2 is for sure more pointy than the old ones...............so maybe not that.

38 minutes ago, Spinnekop said:

Can't get any good pics of it.

The new Di2 is soon to be release and a couple of spy shots have been fired............but the cranks of the new Di2 is for sure more pointy than the old ones...............so maybe not that.

Cranks haven't been photographed yet. The pics posted last month are of a non series or pre production prototype. Would love to see a pic of the cranks Konrad has fitted to his bike