Tour de France 2021

gummibear

I was very surprised when MvdP did not feature yesterday, this is what many people expected from him, only a day later. 

He can easily now hang on to Yellow all the way to the Individual TT. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Patchelicious said:

He made everybody look silly.

It was honestly out of this world.

I think Pog and Rog would have made more of an effort to chase him down if he was a GC threat. 
Rogla just sat behind Pogacar until they sprinted for the line.

1 minute ago, Patchelicious said:

He made everybody look silly.

It was honestly out of this world.

Just too bloody good for everybody today! No doubt super motivated to honour his Grandad's memory. Super fantastic. So glad I got to see this!

2 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

When an invitational team wears the maillot jaune. So lekka. 
When sport entertains and touches hearts deeply in these painful and intense times. So sweet.

Isn't this why we watch live sport? The amazing stories that comes out it at various points. This is a lot like stage 20 last year. This will be one of those moments that'll stick in your memory for a very very long time!

12 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

When an invitational team wears the maillot jaune. So lekka. 
When sport entertains and touch hearts deeply in these painful and intense times. So so so sweet.

Pic Getty Sport

528F2179-D96B-47B4-9FAA-2DF3452B7FEF.jpeg

Aint that the truth !

54 minutes ago, Mountain Bru said:

Looked like Gee lost a few seconds today.... Does that make Carapaz the outright leader of Ineos?

Not necessarily, he has a lot of TT miles to claw back time. All depends on the stages ahead. If he climbed today without burning matches, he might have something spare for later.

At least he has stayed upriggt for 4% of the Tour, so far.

10 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Not necessarily, he has a lot of TT miles to claw back time. All depends on the stages ahead. If he climbed today without burning matches, he might have something spare for later.

At least he has stayed upriggt for 4% of the Tour, so far.

There are 10 seconds between them, and they are in turn 18 and 28 seconds back on Pog 17/27 seconds on Rog...

That's a lot by day 2. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't realistically see Gee winning

Ineos have a problem. Sure Carapaz and Tomas are not classics riders but the amount of strain Thomas displayed on his face tell sme he's not a contender for Yellow. Carapaz is the outright leader in that team this year and his domestiques I'mnot sure will be able to match those of Pogacar and Roglic

Awesome display of wattage bombs from MVDP.....36km/hr up a 12% gradient...then held it on 10%......

1 minute ago, DieselnDust said:

Ineos have a problem. Sure Carapaz and Tomas are not classics riders but the amount of strain Thomas displayed on his face tell sme he's not a contender for Yellow. Carapaz is the outright leader in that team this year and his domestiques I'mnot sure will be able to match those of Pogacar and Roglic

Awesome display of wattage bombs from MVDP.....36km/hr up a 12% gradient...then held it on 10%......

That's how I see it too... Gee had a good Classics season 2013/14 (I think) but was then turned into a GT super Dom with Sky who in the past have ignored The Classics in leu of Wiggo/Froomie and the tour.

Again, I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see him clawing it back from here without the 2 Slovs crashing or bombing.

It isn't over till it's over, so I hope they gives it horns and stays 'in touch' giving themselves a chance. Carapaz is a wily racer and there are quite a few stages at altitude that look to suit him later in the race.

1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

I was very surprised when MvdP did not feature yesterday, this is what many people expected from him, only a day later. 

He can easily now hang on to Yellow all the way to the Individual TT. 

Going into the final he was at the back of the group and had to love up, it’s hard at that pace regardless who you are and then when he was near the front; JAP went. There is only so much you can do.

2 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

Going into the final he was at the back of the group and had to love up, it’s hard at that pace regardless who you are and then when he was near the front; JAP went. There is only so much you can do.

Yeah He read the final 2km poorly. Found himself out of position and that was that. Quikstep played it well too