Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2021

Tuxstir

...From what I've read Peanut butter isn't really healthy?...

“Technically, peanuts are a legume, which are typically eliminated on a keto diet,” Naomi Whittel, Gainesville, Florida-based author of High Fiber Keto, tells Health. But peanuts are higher in fat than other beans, which gives them the green light for keto. “Peanuts are more nutritionally similar to nuts, such as almonds, in that they are high in fat and low in carbs,” Whittel says. 

But that doesn’t mean you can eat as much PB as you like. If you’re limiting your daily carb intake to 50 grams of net carbs, Whittel says two tablespoons of peanut butter per day will fit nicely into your plan. “Two tablespoons of natural, high-quality peanut butter contains about 185 calories, 16 grams of fat, 8 grams of protein, and 7 grams of total carbs.”

Edited by Zebra

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to use MyFitnessPal but got tired of having to guess what to use to log my food diary. Put in 'cup of coffee' and get various options running from 40 calories to 190 calories? I have no clue, that's why I'm using the app :lol:

Would be interesting to hear what valid alternatives there are.

Yeah... or bacon. 100g  @ 1500 kj or 2 pieces 335 kj. I always gravitate to the lower kj one  :whistling:

Did a brisket on the smoker for 16 hours yesterday. Ate it without any potato bake etc so calories weren’t bad. Tasted bloody good though.

c97642c37a8e92d68227c60c0fbff821.jpg

de3fc534d2e578eba96bc9b90acf4451.jpg

2f98044a5d870d475e15e2ee925b7bb4.jpg

You like charcoal? Gordon Ramsay would not be impressed  :P

Then also the dry cured Woolies bacon have even less carbs then the non dry cured bacon

]

Yeah... or bacon. 100g  @ 1500 kj or 2 pieces 335 kj. I always gravitate to the lower kj one  :whistling:

...From what I've read Peanut butter isn't really healthy?...

“Technically, peanuts are a legume, which are typically eliminated on a keto diet,” Naomi Whittel, Gainesville, Florida-based author of High Fiber Keto, tells Health. But peanuts are higher in fat than other beans, which gives them the green light for keto. “Peanuts are more nutritionally similar to nuts, such as almonds, in that they are high in fat and low in carbs,” Whittel says. 

But that doesn’t mean you can eat as much PB as you like. If you’re limiting your daily carb intake to 50 grams of net carbs, Whittel says two tablespoons of peanut butter per day will fit nicely into your plan. “Two tablespoons of natural, high-quality peanut butter contains about 185 calories, 16 grams of fat, 8 grams of protein, and 7 grams of total carbs.”

I like the taste, but avoid them because they seem to cause flare ups for me.

https://www.clearskinforever.net/peanut-butter-acne/

I've dropped of the wagon to many times since lockdown..  picked up 8kg in 6 months.   At least lost 5kg again.

Not joining the challenge this year .. just don't have the motivation .  I will make sure I don't pick up again though .. that is at least easy...

lets hope this virus get deleted and we can all get back to something in region of normal.

happy with my 1st month; I expected to lose more than 500 grams (12 months x 500 grams + 6 kilo's, was NOT expecting to lose what I did; SLIGHT fasting (delaying of breakfast, mostly), and fairly strict adherence to KETO plan really, really worked for me, beyond what I was expecting...

Nice never having to weigh ANYTHING, just a heightened awareness - and avoidance - of most carbs, hope I can continue on the near-carb-free plan a while longer, before GRADUALLY re-introducing them, we shall see.

Having a public goal / stated goal sure helps me!

Chris

January went well, lost just over 4kg, portion size and cutting out sugar was the biggest contributor.  First time since 2019 that I am under 100kg so I am happy.  Positive about what is to come and know I will be able maintain this lifestyle. 

After some serious contemplation on the white throne this morning to ensure I get rid of all excess weight I can at least report an average loss of 0.5kg per week; slow but steady.

Training has been coming along nicely, averaging about 40min every day of the month with only 3 days of not logging any activities. Room for improvement (as always) on the diet front; the drop could have been a lot more impressive if I didn't eat those o-so-tempting brownies & birthday cake.

Voorwaarts! 

Very happy with my progress thus far!

4kg down, stomach starting to look flatter, clothing fits much better (fitted into pants that I haven't been able to fit in recently) and generally feeling very chuffed with my progress!

Just need to keep it up and keep pushing!

After some serious contemplation on the white throne this morning to ensure I get rid of all excess weight I can at least report an average loss of 0.5kg per week; slow but steady.

Training has been coming along nicely, averaging about 40min every day of the month with only 3 days of not logging any activities. Room for improvement (as always) on the diet front; the drop could have been a lot more impressive if I didn't eat those o-so-tempting brownies & birthday cake.

Voorwaarts! 

'White Throne' and...'logging' should not be used in the same paragraph, surely? !  :eek: