Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2021

Tuxstir

In again this year, last 2 years I fell off the wagon half way through the year, lockdown didn't help last year and not having any cycling related goals meant I didn't really have an exercise plan or didn't mind that much if I was lazy and missed a weekend of cycling.

Have been hovering over 100kg's for the last 10 months.  Both me and the wife overdid the sweets in our December holiday so we doing this together which helps a lot.  She joined some Linda Kriel fitness app which gives her eating plans and recipes for which ever type of "diet or lifestyle" you want to follow and that really helps a lot, I have adjusted it slightly for a little higher calorie intake but it works well thus far (only been 8 days) but already see I don't need that much food.  Since my biggest issue has always been portion size and second helpings.  Also trying to do 30min cardio a day, which is really not that difficult I have realized.

Anyway didn't weigh in on the 1st, but only on the 3rd - tipped the scale at 103.9KG - initial goal is 95KG, and then finally somewhere between 84-88KG.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is bread so damn delicious? 

Bread is why I am nowhere near my goal weight yet. 

I'm proud of losing the 12kg I did from July to December but between December and now I've been stuck fluctuating between 103kg and 107kg. 

Why is bread so damn delicious? 

Bread is why I am nowhere near my goal weight yet. 

I'm proud of losing the 12kg I did from July to December but between December and now I've been stuck fluctuating between 103kg and 107kg.

its a tough one... I loved bread... anything toasted was my go to ...

But I eventually managed to get off it after a while of trying hard. Now I have a slice or 2 of Rye every 2-3 weeks maybe.

its a tough one... I loved bread... anything toasted was my go to ...

But I eventually managed to get off it after a while of trying hard. Now I have a slice or 2 of Rye every 2-3 weeks maybe.

for me its bread, chips, sugary drinks and alcohol.

cutting all of that completely out.

for me its bread, chips, sugary drinks and alcohol.

cutting all of that completely out.

I'm not really in a position to offer any sage advice but making massive wholesale changes seldom works. I'd chop one at a time. Starting with the sugary drinks.

I'm not really in a position to offer any sage advice but making massive wholesale changes seldom works. I'd chop one at a time. Starting with the sugary drinks.

Agree 100%. My biggest win was cutting out the Red Bulls, chocolates, and pies. 

Before lockdown my daily routine at the office was a pepper steak pie, 3 cheese samoosas, and 2 Red Bulls. How I didn't die from that junk is beyond me. Now I have maybe 1 can a week. 

During that time my blood glucose and cholesterol were too high. 

Had a physical this morning and my cholesterol read in at 2.6mmol/L and glucose at 5.6.

I'm definitely continuing with my current diet which is mostly vegetarian with the occasional chicken. Exercise can be more. Currently doing 150km / week over 10 hours on the bike.

I don't like running but the last big loss (fat burn) was from running. Then I tore my ligaments while on a run and went back to the pies for comfort. I guess it is time to put the old purple running shoes back on.

It’s been some challenge educating the family not to buy treats and snacks for me over the past week or two. Even last night, my wife kindly made me a decaf coffee and handed it over with two Oreos. My biggest challenge is saying no when the damn treats are in front of me.

It’s been some challenge educating the family not to buy treats and snacks for me over the past week or two. Even last night, my wife kindly made me a decaf coffee and handed it over with two Oreos. My biggest challenge is saying no when the damn treats are in front of me.

this is a major problem for me too... wife sometimes goes crazy with sweets and treats which ends up being all for me as she doesnt touch anything sweet :cursing:

this is a major problem for me too... wife sometimes goes crazy with sweets and treats which ends up being all for me as she doesnt touch anything sweet :cursing:

My wife is sympathetic, but with teenage kids home schooling at the moment, lots of treats coming into the house. Luckily I have a chest freezer full of meat so I can cook “treats” that are still relatively healthy and keep the kids happy as well. Smoked some Pork chops the other night. Lean, tasty, a bit of rocket to go with them. Hard to beat

I really do appreciate the advice, but I must admit I feel fine. I do believe that I have a much stronger will power than most, so thus far, all good. Once I've made a decision I generally stick with it

Challenge joined.

The Covid lock downs have not been good to me particularly staying at home and eating and drinking too much like panic buying dop before an imminent alcohol ban and then drinking it because it is there :blush:

I discovered the immense benefits of Intermittent Fasting (currently 16:8) and the weight is coming off nicely.