Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2021

Tuxstir

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A bad fall 10 days a go , the shock of the price of  replacing a Shimano shifter , the bad weather the last week and a new oven so my wife has been busy baking up a storm testing it  . No No i mustn't use those as excuses for only losing half a kilogram .  I have found every excuse in the mornings not to go out or when i did not to ride hard and get the excess calories burnt off . I think its called "motivation " which I'm surely lacking at the moment . I stopped off yesterday on my ride to chat to a runner who i have been greeting and chatting to for a year or more . She takes her dogs for a run some mornings and in June last year her dog ran into her and broke her leg .An op to put pins and plates in left her on crutches for about 2 months and then it was rehab time and starting slowly again . Just listening to her gave me the motivation to get my head in the game and do what i need to do . Ride for a purpose everyday by doing PB's on sections daily and shedding the calories that I've consumed the day before . I apologies for being long winded  but i needed to tell myself the truth by admitting it . 

A bad fall 10 days a go , the shock of the price of replacing a Shimano shifter , the bad weather the last week and a new oven so my wife has been busy baking up a storm testing it . No No i mustn't use those as excuses for only losing half a kilogram . I have found every excuse in the mornings not to go out or when i did not to ride hard and get the excess calories burnt off . I think its called "motivation " which I'm surely lacking at the moment . I stopped off yesterday on my ride to chat to a runner who i have been greeting and chatting to for a year or more . She takes her dogs for a run some mornings and in June last year her dog ran into her and broke her leg .An op to put pins and plates in left her on crutches for about 2 months and then it was rehab time and starting slowly again . Just listening to her gave me the motivation to get my head in the game and do what i need to do . Ride for a purpose everyday by doing PB's on sections daily and shedding the calories that I've consumed the day before . I apologies for being long winded but i needed to tell myself the truth by admitting it .

You of all people know exactly what it takes to drop the weight.. but getting motivated and actually doing it and then staying consistently diciplined is a different matter!

This is where I'm at at the moment:

Newly built house with a million DIY projects everyday when I get home. New job title that keeps me at the office a bit longer than usual. Cycling less and less every week. Lack of planning meals. And the new house is a bit further from my office, so can't have lunch at home anymore..no planning = fast food.. motivation is feeling so low at the moment.

I'm just trying to take it week by week now.. this week I just want to finish the bigger DIY projects and finish installing the gas stove/oven so that I can at least start planning and prepping meals from next week.

Then I'll have to get back into setting my alarm for 04:15 to ride before work.

On top of everything I have a thesis to complete by the end of march.

My boss is retiring later this year, so I might be in a position to buy the company from him.

So flippen much going on at the moment that motivation for cycling and weight-loss is very difficult to find!!

You of all people know exactly what it takes to drop the weight.. but getting motivated and actually doing it and then staying consistently diciplined is a different matter!

Newly built house with a million DIY projects everyday when I get home. New job title that keeps me at the office a bit longer than usual. Cycling less and less every week. Lack of planning meals. And the new house is a bit further from my office, so can't have lunch at home anymore..no planning = fast food.. motivation is feeling so low at the moment.

I'm just trying to take it week by week now.. this week I just want to finish the bigger DIY projects and finish installing the gas stove/oven so that I can at least start planning and prepping meals from next week.

On top of everything I have a thesis to complete by the end of march.

My boss is retiring later this year, so I might be in a position to buy the company from him.

So flippen much going on at the moment that motivation for cycling and weight-loss is very difficult to find!!

Don’t forget to take it a bit easy on yourself as well. Easy to beat ourselves up and make ourselves feel ***. Enjoy the new house, enjoy the new job. Maybe eat less *** but also be kind to yourself

Down about 10kg (102kg - 92kg) from September last year.

I created a curved graph to track progress and set weekly goals. The curve (albeit shallow) is intended to replicate the initial rapid weight loss which tapers as one gets closer to the goal weight.

No real increase in physical exercise (2hr MTB once a week. 1 hr squash once a week. Walk about 8000 steps day).

Biggest change has been a reduction in snacking and a more concerted effort to reduce sugars.

Daily breakfast/brunch (I only have my first meal around 10am) is now 2 rice cakes with Vegemite, as opposed to a tasty muffin or scone.

Lunch is leftovers from the night before (usually a pretty healthy meal).

Dinners are typically 500-600 cal. 2 meals a week are vegetarian. Eating out is reserved for weekends.

All in all it has been easier than i thought. My final goal is 90kg (I'm 1.87m tall, so that seems about right). Next challenge will be getting some definition.

• 2 weeks later...

Slowly but surely getting into a rhythm again.. Prepping lunch meals the night before for the last week instead of going to coffee shops in my lunch break.

Still not getting around to cycling as much as I'd like to, but since my wife is now working a block from my office, yesterday I threw my bike in the back of her car and took a lift with her and commuted back home after work. 26km in 50mins on the road bike beats 30min in traffic hands down! Got home and could still go for a run with my wife.

Did the same thing this morning, but going to take the more scenic mtb route back home this afternoon.

Going to try to commute back home at least 3 times a week.

Feels like I discovered freedom again not having to sit in afternoon traffic!

• 2 weeks later...

...tricky weekend, after being 'good' on my eating plan, a birthday the Saturday, and a b/day engagement celebration the Sunday... so think Champagne, Croissants, Savanna Lites and beer, and then a bit of GENERAL over-eating, still, happy that weight is down a bit since 01st Feb weigh in, so heading  in the right direction....

People ask me what DIET I am on - I say none; rather a new lifetime EATING PLAN, that is how it's going to be...

Well done to all the others, I see your weight(s) coming down nicely - together, we got this! 

Cheers

Chrsi

Really happy with my progress thus far. (Started: 109.1, Current: 102.8) :clap:

Eating healthily is becoming more and more second nature (still get cravings here and there for lekker goed) and well and truly settled into my exercise regime.

Seen a number of wins happening over the last month, clothes are fitting nicer (gone down 2 pants sizes and 1 shirt size, nearly 2 notches down on my belt), much more energy and concentration throughout the day and my confidence is definitely up.

The only thing I am struggling with now is time. I know 100% that this journey is exactly that, and not something that happens overnight, but somedays I get very demotivated when I think its not happening fast enough. The funny thing is I know very well that it doesn't and shouldn't happen like that. How do you keep motivated during times like that?

I am beggining to not trust my scale, one day I have lost 2kgs, literally the next day back to where I started, very much disheartening...