Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2021

Tuxstir

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Feb was a bad month for me, as we were in Cape Town for the whole month and the wine and food was to good to resist. 

So instead of going down I went up.

March better be a mouth zipper for me to catch up.

The Doctor said it might be a bad idea to reduce my weight, as it might not be weight gained, but other fluids.

I have a very bad infection in my lower abdomen, so had constant fluid discharge from a wound in my navel for more than a month. But can’t get it fixed now because I am on treatment and can’t stop the treatment or else I have to start from scratch... again.

So I might have to step back a bit and listen to the doctor. The medicine helps to suppress my hunger by replacing it with nausea in anycase

• 2 weeks later...

I may not be able to get to a scale 1st thing tomorrow morning (01st of Month...), so weighed myself today: 82.7kg; quite chuffed, since I weighed 82kg in high school (Matric).

BMI now at 25.2, so getting close to the 25.0 (and slightly below) goal.

Notes: (in case it helps anyone)!

1. these sugar free 'drops'' that you add to water have REALLY helped; I am actually ENJOYING drinking water, which helps promote satiety, meaning sometimes when I simply want to snack, a lekker glass of flavored water does the trick, AND is enjoyable!

2. I created a 'naughty' cupboard - dont laugh! - in our dining room where we keep 'regular' chocolates, and treats - when visiting it - rarely - I call out to the Wife "am visiting the naughty cupboard" - gives us both a HUGE chuckle...

3. Sugar-free Jelly packets have become my friend, 90% water, very flavorful (Cherry, Raspberry, Pineapple, etc.) have become a REAL help for something sweet in the evening, topped with a GENEROUS amount (think : Lake!) of coconut milk: I actually think Jelly was quite central (after avoiding excess carbs) to my losing the weight i have.

4. Am still very careful to tell people who ask that I am NOT on a diet - which is true - but on a healthy-lifestyle eating plan, and the weight seemingly melts away...

5. Wife and I are never food 'Nazi's'; meaning if we go to a party, and their are chips and cupcakes being offered, then MODERATE chips and cupcakes it is - but then back to better eating habits when back home!

6. Customer of ours lost 15kg since 11th Jan (!) looks fantastic, semi-retired so working a with a trainer (thinking a COMBO 'food' AND exercise trainer) 3-odd days per week, and he feels brilliant on it, too!

7. Coconut milk has REALLY helped with deserts, etc, mentioned earlier.

8. We gave away some food-stuff in plastic bags at traffic lights, to homeless stuff, rather than have it in the cupboard staring back at us!

Been a FUN journey so far, read a LOT of labels to familiarize what carbs (or rather SUGAR) is in products, but NEVER had to weigh a damn thing, nor measure portion size, which is super-easy...

More energy, and making healthy choices!

Chris

I may not be able to get to a scale 1st thing tomorrow morning (01st of Month...), so weighed myself today: 82.7kg; quite chuffed, since I weighed 82kg in high school (Matric).

BMI now at 25.2, so getting close to the 25.0 (and slightly below) goal.

Notes: (in case it helps anyone)!

1. these sugar free 'drops'' that you add to water have REALLY helped; I am actually ENJOYING drinking water, which helps promote satiety, meaning sometimes when I simply want to snack, a lekker glass of flavored water does the trick, AND is enjoyable!

2. I created a 'naughty' cupboard - dont laugh! - in our dining room where we keep 'regular' chocolates, and treats - when visiting it - rarely - I call out to the Wife "am visiting the naughty cupboard" - gives us both a HUGE chuckle...

3. Sugar-free Jelly packets have become my friend, 90% water, very flavorful (Cherry, Raspberry, Pineapple, etc.) have become a REAL help for something sweet in the evening, topped with a GENEROUS amount (think : Lake!) of coconut milk: I actually think Jelly was quite central (after avoiding excess carbs) to my losing the weight i have.

4. Am still very careful to tell people who ask that I am NOT on a diet - which is true - but on a healthy-lifestyle eating plan, and the weight seemingly melts away...

5. Wife and I are never food 'Nazi's'; meaning if we go to a party, and their are chips and cupcakes being offered, then MODERATE chips and cupcakes it is - but then back to better eating habits when back home!

6. Customer of ours lost 15kg since 11th Jan (!) looks fantastic, semi-retired so working a with a trainer (thinking a COMBO 'food' AND exercise trainer) 3-odd days per week, and he feels brilliant on it, too!

7. Coconut milk has REALLY helped with deserts, etc, mentioned earlier.

8. We gave away some food-stuff in plastic bags at traffic lights, to homeless stuff, rather than have it in the cupboard staring back at us!

Been a FUN journey so far, read a LOT of labels to familiarize what carbs (or rather SUGAR) is in products, but NEVER had to weigh a damn thing, nor measure portion size, which is super-easy...

More energy, and making healthy choices!

Chris

Nice.

Number 3 is a good tip (although  I cant stand anything coconut, but jelly on its own is probably a good sweet treat for at night. I find myself wanting something sweet (probably out of habit) at night.

I'm up around 500-1000g according to my ancient analogue scale, purely from eating. Mostly out of boredom and for comfort at work. Am trying to go back to having some raw nuts at work as snack food rather than other treats.

I discovered easter eggs after injuring my back again. 

I don't want to talk about it. 

But let's anyway....  :drool:

I can avoid most ALL Easter Eggs, only two types COULD 'trip me up' (but have not, yet...!)

1. The Beacon Eggs that look like REAL chicken eggs: I spend 5 minutes sucking away at it, and once it's structure collapses, pop the WHOLE thing in my mouth, then await the inevitable sugar-rush!!! There is a pic somewhere of me fitting TWO  in simultaneously - only for the sake of a fun pic, but still, NOT clever!

2. those small, solid Cadbury eggs - the ones filled with CREAMY goodness, those ones, THEY give me a sugar-rush whilst carefully unwrapping the foil that sticks to the egg!!!!!  :clap:

I discovered easter eggs after injuring my back again. 

I don't want to talk about it. 

the marshmallow ones ?

Many years back a colleague and I took turns to buy a box of them every week. Between the 2 of us we'd demolish a box a week, with a day or 2 left with nothing. this probably went on for around 4 weeks or more. 

But I cant stand the things now, I think they have changed the formula.

the marshmallow ones ?

Many years back a colleague and I took turns to buy a box of them every week. Between the 2 of us we'd demolish a box a week, with a day or 2 left with nothing. this probably went on for around 4 weeks or more. 

But I cant stand the things now, I think they have changed the formula.

The hard white ones. They are deadly. 

And also Mochachos... different story though. haha

On exactly the same weight as the start of last month. The first half wasn't good, then lost some, then gained some. Need to scale down on the Futurelife cereal - too much carbs and sugar and I can eat it like pudding.

Hitting my goals.  Im very chuffed.  Have tried al sorts of diets and plans.  Banting, the dreaded 28-day diet, even my wife's favorite, "trim, healthy mama's"  (I call it the sexy mama diet).  But none are sustainable in the long term and just too much to remember.

So with running a calorie count app on my phone and recording everything it helps to make right, and wise choices through the day and I still get to enjoy the niceties of the culinary world.

Training wise, Im spending 2- 3 times per week, 20-30 minutes with GCN's HIIT sessions on the trainer.  And weekends I smash the tarmac hills.  Did my first 100km solo in 5 years last weekend and felt great afterwards, along with PB's on Hell's hoogte.

Good to get back into the groove.

Dropped 8Kg since Jan.  Thats 16 blocks of butter I don't have to carry up a hill.

post-43855-0-04132200-1617263458_thumb.jpg