Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2021

Tuxstir

Weight loss fell apart last 2 months last year. Was just on 90 then went back up to 94 still lost about 11 kg last year. Starting again this year aiming to get to 85.

Did manage to go from a size 40/42 pants down to a 36 though

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve been good this week apart from Wednesday night when the kids asked for smoked ribs.95c5e708e3d7c0d5f4720db5df7e42bc.jpg

You put that in front of me and I will forget about a diet at once.

Looks superb

Myfitnesspal still the best calorie tracker?

Any recommendation for a nice free app for planning your training with reminders etc?

Good advice / motivation. 

I am currently averaging between 500 - 900grams per week so I am happy. 

#MondayMotivation

"Even if you loose 500g a week, you would have still lost 26kg's by this time next year! Just...keep...going!"

"Do not let a stumble stop in the road be the end to your journey"

"If you feel like quitting, remember why you started"

Keep up all the good work everyone :thumbup:

Any recommendation for a nice free app for planning your training with reminders etc?

I used to use MyFitnessPal but got tired of having to guess what to use to log my food diary. Put in 'cup of coffee' and get various options running from 40 calories to 190 calories? I have no clue, that's why I'm using the app :lol:

Would be interesting to hear what valid alternatives there are.

The Samsung S Health app works simple and good enough for me to track calories.

I think on intervals.icu you can plan your future workouts and estimate the training load to see the future effect on your fitness if you keep to your training plans? Come in David Tinker?!

You put that in front of me and I will forget about a diet at once.

Looks superb

Did a brisket on the smoker for 16 hours yesterday. Ate it without any potato bake etc so calories weren’t bad. Tasted bloody good though.

c97642c37a8e92d68227c60c0fbff821.jpg

de3fc534d2e578eba96bc9b90acf4451.jpg

2f98044a5d870d475e15e2ee925b7bb4.jpg

Myself and a friend entered into a weight loss challenge.

Initially we were just going to see who could lose the most (as a percentage of their start weight), over the space of 3-4 months, and the loser would have to pay the winner $1000.

The bet was too rich for my blood, especially in that one could work their butt off, and still be trounced by 100g and ed up $1000 poorer.

So we came up with new terms. We each selected goal weights (approx 10% less than start weight). Both parties put $200 into a pot. If one makes their goal weight, they get their money back and can spend it on whatever.

If they don't, they have to donate $100 to a worthy cause, and $100 to a cringy cause (like Trump's legal fees or Flat Earth Society) AND publicly post about their support for said cause on Facebook.

Now if that's not reason enough, I don't know what is!

...started KETO + 'slight' fasting on 01st Jan 2021, and these are my results for 3 weeks (21 days):...

1. I am 'eating healthy', NOT dieting, some nites I am actually quite full after eating properly, which is cool...

2. I am a 'lazy' 'dieter', so no watching total calories for me, unfortunately, just reading labels so i KNOW what I am putting in to my body...

3. fasting: am simply trying to delay breakfast by an hour or 2 or 3 when it does NOT bother, me, but if very hungry, then I eat as soon as I feel like it - i DO feel that the KETO diet leads to greater 'satiation' (feeling satisfied/full), than I was expecting, which I am most impressed with...

4. Avocados, even at in-Season prices  (!) have become a daily must-have - good healthy fats, very palatable, etc!

5. I have not (yet) suffered from KETO flu, though I hear it does happen to a lot of people...

6. I have enjoyed that 'hungry buzz' a couple of times, where i have pushed breakfast out by an hour or two, and then i enjoy great clarity of thought, the hunger making me more alert, as it were!

7. Am updating the Weight Challenge spreadsheet every 10 days or so for MY benefit, since - for me - 30 days is a long time-horizon, and I want to stick to my plan, recording my weight 3x per month seems to help...!

8. Am weighing myself every 2nd day or so, not fazed if I am a little more, since we all fluctuate, but I could then 'catch' wayward (eating) behavior, if you get my drift...! :)

9. 2 suppliers I have not seen in 6 odd weeks have commented I am looking slimmer - who knows?!

10. Pants are fitting easier, and I am not FEELING as heavy - early days, but I AM enjoying the challenge!

11. Have read up a LITTLE on KETO, so far, so not drowning my brain in too many facts, what I have learned, is:

a) my least favorite nuts - Macadamias - are the best low-carb choice, THEN almonds, and only THEN, Cashews!

b) Avocado's really are an amazing food, tick SO many boxes...

c) 90% Lindt chocolate is ok as occasional treat, currently on special at Makro

d) my 40-year habit of finishing EVERY slab or chocolate I started was - maybe - ill-advised! :)

e) these DROPS that you add to water and milk (or even Soy) REALLY help in getting more water - or milk - into me, since I often feel water is fairly bland when NOT super thirsty...

f) water definitely fills me up, so by adding above drops (ELVIN Water Enhancer, and TRU Hydrations Milk Shake Flavor Enhancer, both sugar-free), I am actually enjoying drinking the stuff!

g) am cooking eggs in Coconut oil, and it is actually quite pleasant, another way of getting good fat in...

h) have had GOOD success with these all-seed crackers, as a bread substitute, and blue cheese on top...

i) finishing off the last of a few tubs of LESS healthy peanut butter, and will THEN buy the super-healthy peanut butter, since that can form a useful part of KEZTO diet, I suspect...?

j) Giant Mushrooms are a great burger-bun substitute, and are super tasty cooked with garlic...

13. Trying to commute in to work on 52 Fridays this year, or as many as are reasonable, done 3 from 3 so far, 30 km in, work the day, then 30km home, am fortunate to get to go Coastal Route back to Hout Bay, how bad can it be!

and a one-way commute (IN) on Tuesday, which gives 90km per week excluding weekends, not much, but a start!

Feedback/suggestions/criticism welcome, especially on getting in healthy fats, finding that challenging!

Cheers

Chris

Did a brisket on the smoker for 16 hours yesterday. Ate it without any potato bake etc so calories weren’t bad. Tasted bloody good though.

c97642c37a8e92d68227c60c0fbff821.jpg

de3fc534d2e578eba96bc9b90acf4451.jpg

2f98044a5d870d475e15e2ee925b7bb4.jpg

Isn't the cheese supposed to be on top? :P

...started KETO + 'slight' fasting on 01st Jan 2021, and these are my results for 3 weeks (21 days):...

1. I am 'eating healthy', NOT dieting, some nites I am actually quite full after eating properly, which is cool...

2. I am a 'lazy' 'dieter', so no watching total calories for me, unfortunately, just reading labels so i KNOW what I am putting in to my body...

3. fasting: am simply trying to delay breakfast by an hour or 2 or 3 when it does NOT bother, me, but if very hungry, then I eat as soon as I feel like it - i DO feel that the KETO diet leads to greater 'satiation' (feeling satisfied/full), than I was expecting, which I am most impressed with...

4. Avocados, even at in-Season prices  (!) have become a daily must-have - good healthy fats, very palatable, etc!

5. I have not (yet) suffered from KETO flu, though I hear it does happen to a lot of people...

6. I have enjoyed that 'hungry buzz' a couple of times, where i have pushed breakfast out by an hour or two, and then i enjoy great clarity of thought, the hunger making me more alert, as it were!

7. Am updating the Weight Challenge spreadsheet every 10 days or so for MY benefit, since - for me - 30 days is a long time-horizon, and I want to stick to my plan, recording my weight 3x per month seems to help...!

8. Am weighing myself every 2nd day or so, not fazed if I am a little more, since we all fluctuate, but I could then 'catch' wayward (eating) behavior, if you get my drift...! :)

9. 2 suppliers I have not seen in 6 odd weeks have commented I am looking slimmer - who knows?!

10. Pants are fitting easier, and I am not FEELING as heavy - early days, but I AM enjoying the challenge!

11. Have read up a LITTLE on KETO, so far, so not drowning my brain in too many facts, what I have learned, is:

a) my least favorite nuts - Macadamias - are the best low-carb choice, THEN almonds, and only THEN, Cashews!

b) Avocado's really are an amazing food, tick SO many boxes...

c) 90% Lindt chocolate is ok as occasional treat, currently on special at Makro

d) my 40-year habit of finishing EVERY slab or chocolate I started was - maybe - ill-advised! :)

e) these DROPS that you add to water and milk (or even Soy) REALLY help in getting more water - or milk - into me, since I often feel water is fairly bland when NOT super thirsty...

f) water definitely fills me up, so by adding above drops (ELVIN Water Enhancer, and TRU Hydrations Milk Shake Flavor Enhancer, both sugar-free), I am actually enjoying drinking the stuff!

g) am cooking eggs in Coconut oil, and it is actually quite pleasant, another way of getting good fat in...

h) have had GOOD success with these all-seed crackers, as a bread substitute, and blue cheese on top...

i) finishing off the last of a few tubs of LESS healthy peanut butter, and will THEN buy the super-healthy peanut butter, since that can form a useful part of KEZTO diet, I suspect...?

j) Giant Mushrooms are a great burger-bun substitute, and are super tasty cooked with garlic...

13. Trying to commute in to work on 52 Fridays this year, or as many as are reasonable, done 3 from 3 so far, 30 km in, work the day, then 30km home, am fortunate to get to go Coastal Route back to Hout Bay, how bad can it be!

and a one-way commute (IN) on Tuesday, which gives 90km per week excluding weekends, not much, but a start!

Feedback/suggestions/criticism welcome, especially on getting in healthy fats, finding that challenging!

Cheers

Chris

From what I've read Peanut butter isn't really healthy.

Olive oil is another good fat to try and incorporate as well as real butter.

LOW GI is what works for me :)

A little inspiration for today.

Out one Budgie Kiwi has a weight problem. She weighed 50grams at the start of January.

Today we did another weight check on her. She lost 10 grams and she is now on her ideal weight of 40 grams [emoji16]

I am a proud dad today

ea06d19e9aad4da974d23508f94be24b.jpg

Edited by Cois