Terminator

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Eish 

was super misty this morning, can just imagine the conditions that side!

1 hour ago, cadenceblur said:

Eish 

was super misty this morning, can just imagine the conditions that side!

It happened around lunch time. No mist 🤔

Edited by throttles
Englishing 🫣

6 minutes ago, throttles said:

It happened around lunch time. No mist 🤔

Just read that the individual collided with an open car door .

3 hours ago, cadenceblur said:

Just read that the individual collided with an open car door .

When will people learn to look before flinging their doors open.

Probably late for a lunchtime date. 🤬

Cyclist clipped by truck while  ascending Constantia Nek earlier this morning, thankfully just some road rash 

😡

1 hour ago, cadenceblur said:

Cyclist clipped by truck while  ascending Constantia Nek earlier this morning, thankfully just some road rash 

😡

Constantia Nek is a nightmare once traffic picks up, particularly from Hout Bay side.

Headed out north (Durbanville) for the first time in a long time, and where that was normally quite chilled with understanding drivers, I can't say that that was the case this morning. ☹

43 minutes ago, Thomo said:

Constantia Nek is a nightmare once traffic picks up, particularly from Hout Bay side.

Headed out north (Durbanville) for the first time in a long time, and where that was normally quite chilled with understanding drivers, I can't say that that was the case this morning. ☹

Ja, have to agree with you there RE Constantia Nek...ascending on a road bike should be highly discouraged, there is no shoulder, if you occupy the entire lane to prevent vehicles from passing, you will surely get an unfavourable reaction from those stuck behind, best get fatter tyres and climb on the "gravel" dirt track next to the road.

Yes, I don’t enjoy the Nek due to the absence of a shoulder, nor Ou Kaapse for that matter. 

The more I read about these incidents I realise how lucky I am (to a certain extent) to have the West Coast Cycle Path that runs to Melkbos. I did a ride there again today, safely away from traffic. In Melkbos there are a couple of short links straight into the adjacent neighborhood that takes one of the main roads and spits you out on the beach front where everything is chilled. 

That is all I ride when not on a trail somewhere. It is sad that one can't ride elsewhere safely anymore, but I just don't see things improving. Even on that road adjacent to the cycle path things are dodgy, which technically traverses a nature reserve with a speed limit of 70kph. Today a white Ferrari came past at a pace entirely not safe for the road. There have been plenty accidents in the past. Road riding is not safe anymore, period.

Edited by Robbie Stewart
Auto spelling deciding what it thinks I'm saying

On 6/12/2024 at 12:23 AM, DieselnDust said:

IMG_7006.png

I THINK someone has placed an ALL-WHITE 'memorial' bicycle near to where he passed away? I did not see it, but Wife asked why an all white sprayed bike would be in Sea Point, chained to the pole, and I said I think it was 'in memoriam'?

Anyone seen it, to confirm?

Tx, Chris

I haven’t been through sea point this weekend . I prefer to avoid death sites for a while. Call It superstition