A year in stats.

gummibear

All mtb

Distance: 3 752 km

Elevation: 85 140 m

Active Days: 170

Active Time: 280hrs, 7mins

Also 1 new born which was great, and then some Covid to end the year off, which was not so great.

Distance not the greatest, elevation I am pretty happy with considering the distance.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done SIR

At the beginning of this year my wife asked me : what is your general aim for 2020 ?

Being 71 at the time I said : to stay above the ground .

Well, with a few hours to go ,I did that .

And a bit more :

201 active days

344 hours

6812 km

50951 m elevation

most active day Saturday

most active time between 05h00 and 06h00

94 PR’s

hilliest ride 1592 m 

All on hardtail mtb 

I am grateful.

Way short of my 2020 "plan" mainly due to being lazy.... and corona which lead to my goal event (motivation) being cancelled.

Anyway happy to end 2020 healthy and reasonably fit

Polar Flow does not record the IDT meters climbed, which according to Rouvy was 8903m, in theory giving me a total of 33'573 m ascended. Still a bit swak for someone living so close to the Alps  :blush:

post-182-0-77425000-1609436733_thumb.jpg

Edited by SwissVan

A year of missed targets.

Two proper crashes and taken out by a car once. That paired with Covid and all targets set at the beginning of the year were not achieved.

All on MTB

351h18m time

7144 km

44312 elevation

Longest ride 204km

139 active days.

Hoping for a better 2021.

Happy new year Okes.

Only been doing this about 3 years best one yet

Active Days 280

Total time 653h

Distance 17 046km

Elevation 185 322m

That’s some serious mileage[emoji106][emoji106]

Are you a bike tester by profession [emoji3][emoji15]

That’s a hectic year.Hope the healing is going well.

As good as it can. I’m not allowed to go to the hospital for an MRI scan so they can see what happened to the bone and ligaments. The whole “ non emergency elective surgery” being cancelled by the hospitals due to covid wave 2.0. An initial sonar revealed something they call a “reverse Hill-Sachs lesion”. He drew me a picture. And because i cant go for an MRI, i cant go back to the orthopedic surgeon, and because he then cant tell me what the damage is, he wont advise a physiotherapist on what rehab is needed haha. Fricken pyramid sceme. So i’ve resorted to the google machine for some light shoulder rehab to get some motion back. Been going fine actually. I can at least hold mentioned newborn in my right arm again.

Cant raise arm over my head yet and cant touch my left shoulder blade either. I don't dare get it into any of the ‘tricky’ positions like attempting a pushup, or trying to wash my back in the shower using my right arm haha.

Anyway OT. More stats:

-I managed a 60km ride in the covid 5km radius. It’s not a Munga but i’m also not insane. I think.

-Longest mtb ride for me this year: 125km

-Fastest mtb ride: 1h54s for 50km

- fastest speed reached on a bike this year: 89 kph on my vintage roadie. Was...exciting.

- fastest mtb fall: just under 60kph haha. On someone else bike. #THEcrash

- slowest mtb fall: going 1kph in 52T granny up a switchback. On someone else bike.

-I did a night ride for the first time this year...ironically on the same route i got bikejacked on during the day lol. I obviously had a false sense of security.

- longest ride without water: 75km. I’m aiming for 100. I don’t take water with me anymore for anything under 50.

-riding with a mask made me stronger, because when i stopped riding with a mask, it was like I had forced induction...

- longest SS mtb ride: 45km. This one i’m quite proud of being a SS noob.

PS: almost forgot: alcohols consumed in 2020 - NIL

Edited by morneS555

Went around the block a few times this year [emoji41] - blessed with the health and opportunity to keep riding. I'll be turning 60 this year and have been riding for over 30 years. Looking forward to riding till I can't anymore.

Anemiek VV now that's a lot of K's and some serious climbing [emoji15]

Cyclingnews.com: Van Vleuten reveals massive year-end training tally.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/van-vleuten-reveals-massive-year-end-training-tally/7e882558452a97b3ef6876a119813b92.jpg

Stats on Strava (mostly cycling, and maybe 6-10 runs)

292 days

414 hours

10686 km

141 166 m elevation

This doesn't include what used to be my main sport, racing motorbikes... maybe one day they'll support that. Since it was a rather quiet year it probably would only add a few days/hours anyway.

I try to do 1 day off every week, so I should be >300 days active, but I broke my arm early last year and took 7 days off, then IDT only for 3 months, there again I probably missed a few days, the IDT being so boring.

During this year of 2020, I decided to take cycling a bit more seriously, bought new bikes, even took a coach this december !

- 0 marathon races

- 2 road races : Slanghoek and Pederberg

- 1 XC race at Paul Cluver, if you can call this XC, it was more like an exhausting mud bath

- A lot of Killarney rides (tuesdays/thursdays)

- Big ups and downs in fitness/numbers, which lead me to finally take a coach to try and do things a bit better and in a healthier way.

Hopefully 2021 is better, but so far it's looking a lot like 2020.5, most of the races being cancelled or pending cancellation :(

Went around the block a few times this year [emoji41] - blessed with the health and opportunity to keep riding. I'll be turning 60 this year and have been riding for over 30 years. Looking forward to riding till I can't anymore.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/van-vleuten-reveals-massive-year-end-training-tally/7e882558452a97b3ef6876a119813b92.jpg

Those are impressive stats! 

Edited by RocknRolla

Impressive but super impressive is the fact that you did 365 rides