Advertisers Please Respond To Your Chat Messages !!

RomP

I am so sucked into the apple ecosystem that I'm here for life because I'm an old dog unwilling to learn new tricks.

The last time I used anything else was windows 95, a nokia phone and a sony CD walkman

Got sucked in so long ago I'm trapped

Worth it though. I use both still but I also have the full apple ecosystem at home.

If you have their computers,phones, tablets, watches, routers, media centres, carplay...and they all are seamlessly integrated, nothing else compares...i don't care what anyone says about android. The user experience is not the same when you compare it like that. I always laugh at my friends at a braai trying to make 4 different things and apps and operating systems cross communicate with and each other just to get some music playing in the braai room...just for it to spaz out halfway through thr night because one of the links in the chain is not up to date lol.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Worth it though. I use both still but I also have the full apple ecosystem at home.

If you have their computers,phones, tablets, watches, routers, media centres, carplay...and they all are seamlessly integrated, nothing else compares...i don't care what anyone says about android. The user experience is not the same when you compare it like that. I always laugh at my friends at a braai trying to make 4 different things and apps and operating systems cross communicate with and each other just to get some music playing in the braai room...just for it to spaz out halfway through thr night because one of the links in the chain is not up to date lol.

The real problem here is your friends .............

Then you are abusing the rating system as you did not trade with the seller. Just because you lost out on a deal that they concluded with someone else, does not give you the right to give them a bad rating!

No I am not. This is NOT about "losing a deal" its about the inability of the seller to communicate properly which leads to people "loosing deals" Now if i comminicated with the seller and made a stupid offer only to then loose a deal, that would certainly not be grounds for a poor rating.

A deal or potensioal deal starts when an advert is placed. The time and effort a seller puts in to answer a potential buyer is part of the service they are rated on. If they don't want a bad rating they should answer all enquiries timeously, mark product as sold or on hold or rather advertise in the Junkmail.

To many "couldn't care less" sellers on this platform. Not everyone understands this simple concept and I will not waste time explaining this.

Sorry if my response was not good in this instance RomP. I advertised it yesterday, had an offer within the hour, but could only meet the buyer has this morning. After receiving payment, I marked the item as sold. I will try to answer buyers quicker in future, but might not always be able to do so within 24 hours on a weekend. Herman

Hi no hard  feelings. Its just that when someone sends a message and the user was online that same day and the next but still no response, then there is no excuse to getting back to someone later. If i sell something or someone contacts me, i flag it on hold immediately...this way all the other poor buggers don't have to sit and wait for me to mark as sold a few days later. That's the point i was trying to make.

Maybe its just the low ball offers that dont get replied to?

Fully agree with Lowball offers, but plain courtesy also does not cost anything. Again, the seller wants to sell his goods, he should be putting in the effort of communicating with all potensial buyers,  but in my case relevant to this post, it was a simple " Hi, Im interrested, whats you number please" Followed by no feedback for more than 2 days.

No I am not. This is NOT about "losing a deal" its about the inability of the seller to communicate properly which leads to people "loosing deals" Now if i comminicated with the seller and made a stupid offer only to then loose a deal, that would certainly not be grounds for a poor rating.

A deal or potensioal deal starts when an advert is placed. The time and effort a seller puts in to answer a potential buyer is part of the service they are rated on. If they don't want a bad rating they should answer all enquiries timeously, mark product as sold or on hold or rather advertise in the Junkmail.

To many "couldn't care less" sellers on this platform. Not everyone understands this simple concept and I will not waste time explaining this.

Correct it is not about loosing a deal but abusing the rating system, which you seem to think is ok to do!!

If the item is advertised and the seller does not respond to you until he advises you that it is sold, then he has every right to deal with the person who is buying the item and then if he feels like it advise you it is sold.  Similarly he may just mark it as sold, in which case you missed out.

The fact of the matter is that as a seller did not respond to you and sold to someone else. it does not give you the right to go an give a negative ranking as you did not conclude the sale.  Yet you are saying that it is ok to give a bad rating because they did not respond to you as you seem to think you are someone special?

If you carry that argument, irrespective of whether you are selling something or not, it seems it is ok for me to go to your profile and give you a negative rating, even though have not bought anything from you???

The concept you clearly miss out on is that a seller will focus on a potential buyer first and not spend time communicating to everyone just because they did so.

And the concept of the rating system is for the buyer and seller only who actually conducted the deal, else the system falls into anarchy!!

Anyway, thanks all for your comments. Sorry this post was intended as a message for some sellers to contact me, and it escalated into a mini rant ( certainly justified. ) , its clear that if sellers do not respond to adverts timeously, it is frustrating for potential buyers.

Correct it is not about loosing a deal but abusing the rating system, which you seem to think is ok to do!!

If the item is advertised and the seller does not respond to you until he advises you that it is sold, then he has every right to deal with the person who is buying the item and then if he feels like it advise you it is sold.  Similarly he may just mark it as sold, in which case you missed out.

The fact of the matter is that as a seller did not respond to you and sold to someone else. it does not give you the right to go an give a negative ranking as you did not conclude the sale.  Yet you are saying that it is ok to give a bad rating because they did not respond to you as you seem to think you are someone special?

If you carry that argument, irrespective of whether you are selling something or not, it seems it is ok for me to go to your profile and give you a negative rating, even though have not bought anything from you???

The concept you clearly miss out on is that a seller will focus on a potential buyer first and not spend time communicating to everyone just because they did so.

And the concept of the rating system is for the buyer and seller only who actually conducted the deal, else the system falls into anarchy!!

Thx, but we will have to agree to disagree. Answering someone is plain courtesy and GOOD MANNERS, not everyone seems to understand that so ill leave it at that.

I've had situations as already mentioned where I've indicated to a seller that I'll take an item only to receive a sold notification several days later. 

Could Bikehub possibly create and regulate a kind of offer button where the person who meets the price first gets an automated first dibs. The seller is then compelled to sell to the first person that meets the asking price.

Also, others potential buyers could be notified where they are in the queue of potential buyers who have already met the asking price. Consequently, people's expectations will be managed.

I rest my case.

This is what any buyer would expect and why the seller probably has a flawless rating.

Thanks all for your comments.

post-95795-0-26139500-1612853921_thumb.jpg

Edited by RomP

I rest my case.

This is what any buyer would expect and why the seller probably has a flawless rating.

Thanks all for your comments.

You have no case, whether a seller decides to communicate with you or ignore your message is up to them. Work on the principle if you get a reply then you have a chance of doing a deal, if you do not get a reply, then you are probably not first in the queue and the seller's only priority is dealing with a potential buyer.  Then you can control expectation and potential disappointment.

You like many others here need to read the site terms of use with regard to rating sellers, irrespective of whether they communicate with you or not.

Ratings and feedback should only be submitted in the event that an agreement to transact was made. We reserve the right to remove feedback which relates to negotiations or communications where there was no agreement and/or a transaction did not take place.

https://community.bi...cs/terms_of_use

i.e. only the buyer and seller are to rate each other after the deal has concluded.

I've had situations as already mentioned where I've indicated to a seller that I'll take an item only to receive a sold notification several days later. 

Could Bikehub possibly create and regulate a kind of offer button where the person who meets the price first gets an automated first dibs. The seller is then compelled to sell to the first person that meets the asking price.

Also, others potential buyers could be notified where they are in the queue of potential buyers who have already met the asking price. Consequently, people's expectations will be managed.

Only problem with this approach is that the seller can not accept better offers then which is also unfair (or is forced to sell to someone who may have a lot of additional admin like having to take the item to a bike shop for a once-over as opposed to selling it to someone who would come and see it for themselves). Price is not the only determining factor when it comes to selling an item so I don't agree with this suggestion at all.

You have no case, whether a seller decides to communicate with you or ignore your message is up to them. Work on the principle if you get a reply then you have a chance of doing a deal, if you do not get a reply, then you are probably not first in the queue and the seller's only priority is dealing with a potential buyer.  Then you can control expectation and potential disappointment.

You like many others here need to read the site terms of use with regard to rating sellers, irrespective of whether they communicate with you or not.

Ratings and feedback should only be submitted in the event that an agreement to transact was made. We reserve the right to remove feedback which relates to negotiations or communications where there was no agreement and/or a transaction did not take place.

https://community.bi...cs/terms_of_use

i.e. only the buyer and seller are to rate each other after the deal has concluded.

Thanks for highlighting this. 

It is important that the integrity of the rating system is maintained (and improved). As frustrating as being ignored might be, it's just not something that justifies a rating nor is it in line with our T&Cs.

The solution will have to come from all sides... 

• Bike Hub: Make it easier for sellers to Mark on hold / Sold, ensure interested buyers are then notified automatically and educate users on these tools. Improve visibility of unread/unanswered messages.
  • Sellers: Use the tools above more proactively.
  • Buyers: Understand that even with the above in place you might still be ignored. It's likely nothing personal, unless you're truly low balling. 

Thanks for highlighting this. 

It is important that the integrity of the rating system is maintained (and improved). As frustrating as being ignored might be, it's just not something that justifies a rating nor is it in line with our T&Cs.

The solution will have to come from all sides... 

• Bike Hub: Make it easier for sellers to Mark on hold / Sold, ensure interested buyers are then notified automatically and educate users on these tools. Improve visibility of unread/unanswered messages.
  • Sellers: Use the tools above more proactively.
  • Buyers: Understand that even with the above in place you might still be ignored. It's likely nothing personal, unless you're truly low balling. 

Happy to oblige, there are many here who think they can do as they please and often deem it to be "in the interest of the community" when in fact it is in their own interest or prejudice as can be seen in a few other threads recently.

Free market principle.

If someone super lowballs me for an item you can bet they are not getting a reply. If someone offers me close to the asking price and wants to pick up same day he'll get a pretty swift reply.

This whole dibs, compulsory reply, more rule culture is completely unnecessary - if a seller and a buyer find common ground a deal will happen. If not it won't. We don't need rules/etiquette guides/rants etc.