Is this cracked?

FondTF2

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks (by the surrounding blkack smudge) like it took a hit?

I wouldn't give CBR the time of day, find someone more reasonable.

I want to get some work done on a bike and I am considering using them, would you mind elaborating?

Ride it till it breaks.

Never heard of this CBR crowd. I'd take it to Cliff at Cycle Art. He'll fix it better than anyone and make it look like new to boot.

Slightly better pic before taking the FD off.

considering that's happen right where the bolts tighten the clamp, i think you already know the answer.

i don't think that's a tough repair though - straight tube

I'd take it to Cliff at Cycle Art. He'll fix it better than anyone and make it look like new to boot.

Amen Brother.

He fixed a seat-stay on a S-works Tarmac and I could not tell which one it was that he repaired.

I wouldn't sell the frame so gave it to my brother who raced it without any issue.

Edited by eddy

Update.

Thanks for all the recommendations. Took the bike up to CBR this morning (purely out of convenience as stay in the area).

As some hubbers mentioned might not be the cheapest as final quote came in at 4k. That includes strip and rebuild, repair to seat tube and painting. 

In the bigger scheme of things, 4k is not too bad considering that the frame would in all likelihood cost in excess of 50k now days to replace.

Now just to have the patience of waiting the +/- two weeks for the repair work to be completed.

Will be sure to post pics of the end work.

Update.

Thanks for all the recommendations. Took the bike up to CBR this morning (purely out of convenience as stay in the area).

As some hubbers mentioned might not be the cheapest as final quote came in at 4k. That includes strip and rebuild, repair to seat tube and painting. 

In the bigger scheme of things, 4k is not too bad considering that the frame would in all likelihood cost in excess of 50k now days to replace.

Now just to have the patience of waiting the +/- two weeks for the repair work to be completed.

Will be sure to post pics of the end work.

So the tube was cracked, how did they check it?