Specialized level-up the Levo with new geometry, firmware and a haircut

News bot

why you dissing my lifestyle

im proud of my g wagon and my new spez e bike

jealousy is very ugly

pft. Peasant! I bought a G Wagon and then had Brabus give it the once over. The normal Benz is so last season.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why you dissing my lifestyle

im proud of my g wagon and my new spez e bike

jealousy is very ugly

hahahaha I wasn't at all.

I was replying to Grease when he said 'It would be concerning if we started dropping this sort of money without questioning it'....

I'm saying we/people/they have been dropping way more money on 'toys' for years and years 

I'd love a Brabus G-wagon with my new Levo mounted to the roof racks!

but can you schralp the berms at Tokai on the KTM 450 SX

soon we're going to have a 'do internal combustion engines belong on the mountain?'

With a 450 SX, you don't even need a mountain.  Flat out fun everywhere.

Well i suppose the prices will keep going up and it still wont stop the rich from purchasing them ,so complaining wont stop the price increases.

Correct. Could you please elaborate more to what your point is.

My brits issie so goed nie .... dalk sê hy ons arm-gatte moet ophou moan, en ons Makro fietsies gaan ry ....

But maybe I just mis-understood him.

hahahaha I wasn't at all.

I was replying to Grease when he said 'It would be concerning if we started dropping this sort of money without questioning it'....

I'm saying we/people/they have been dropping way more money on 'toys' for years and years 

I'd love a Brabus G-wagon with my new Levo mounted to the roof racks!

I'd rather see someone blowing 240 clips on a mountain bike than 50k on golf clubs. Speaking of F U money and cars, checkout Supercar Blondie on FB.

Mad, mad, mad, mad!

Agreed, the upward trend in pricing across all brands and types is pretty scary. I guess where the outrage comes in is people feel brands are taking the mickey in charging what people are willing to pay. I'm sure there is some degree of that built in, in the same way you'll pay a big premium for an Apple device. But, doing the maths is quite interesting.

In 2016 the Sworks Levo was going for R155k.

Apply inflation at 5% per annum and in 2021 you'd be paying R198k for the same bike. 

That still leaves a ~R40k "gap" but keep in mind the 2016 Sworks had an alloy frame, no AXS. Are those worth an extra R40k? Perhaps so if you consider how we'd view it in the context of analogue bikes.

It's a scary amount of money however you try to justify it. But the very rough maths above leads me to feel that it's not totally inconceivable to get there given inflation and tech improvements. i.e. not a brand simply loading the price because "hey, people will pay".

I get your point on the drag effect on the entry pricing, whether we're talking ebikes or others. It starts to make the sport feel more and more inaccessible. But the capitalist in me believes that if there is opportunity to deliver value at a much lower price point, other brands or new brands will capitalise on that part of the market.

Already happening for a while now, although recently some players have really ramped up their offerings.

Of course there's also the second hand market which has some really good buys.

My brits issie so goed nie .... dalk sê hy ons arm-gatte moet ophou moan, en ons Makro fietsies gaan ry ....

But maybe I just mis-understood him.

Daar is baie mense met meer geld as verstand.

Ek weet van 'n R80k blou klip in iemand se fontein.

Die fietse sal die trails vol wees. Op jou gat op pad op en voor jou besig om af te loop ????

but can you schralp the berms at Tokai on the KTM 450 SX

Wahahahaha best! Schralp away. Part of the sport. I gotta learn to schralp, but ride berms too seldom to practice.

Wahahahaha best! Schralp away. Part of the sport. I gotta learn to schralp, but ride berms too seldom to practice.

If you rode Tygerberg more often you would get plenty of Practice........  :ph34r: