Specialized level-up the Levo with new geometry, firmware and a haircut

News bot

I had a look at the bike this morning. Visually not a hell of a lot of difference from Gen 2.

From the guys who have ridden it, apparently quite a bit of a difference in ride characteristics, due mainly to 27.5 on back and some geometry changes.

Motor also seems a lot quieter, possibly due to change in belt.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming this was tongue in cheek, but just to ensure we're not a fake news source here is the MSRP per their website:

Levo Gen 3 Sworks: R240k

Levo Gen 3 Pro: R195k

Thanks for clarifying Matt, there was a moment there where I thought the bike might be a bit pricey...

I'm assuming this was tongue in cheek, but just to ensure we're not a fake news source here is the MSRP per their website:

Levo Gen 3 Sworks: R240k

Levo Gen 3 Pro: R195k

Ah that's much better, sign me up for one of each. (Place the order please, just need to sell my house first so payment may be delayed a bit) 

For that price, I'd rather have a proper engine between my legs!

240k and you could get a decent adventure bike and a performance street bike with low km. 

Okay .... same old launch publicity, then the price debate ... 

Just for some frame of reference.

The ENTRY level Turbo Levo is R95k.  That buys you a cr@p NX setup !!  500W.h battery ... nope, no trade up, buy another 700W.h battery for R22k, as this "entry level" does not support a range extender.  And with a 32 front and 11 rear you will constantly be spinning out on the tar to the trails ...

Dont look at a Spez ebike if R150k is a budgetery issue ....   :whistling:   :ph34r:

Within that frame of reference .... MINIMAL stock instore !!  :eek:

Very significant portion of their sales are for the R200k+ bikes ..... at least according to the salesman I spoke to last week.

As for the "new motor" .... I really tried to get a price on a service and new belt for the motor ... salesman ducked and dived and would not even put out a budget figure ....

Continuing along the "frame of reference" theme .... Giant ebikes are not lagging very far behind in the price game .....

Those of us (including me) that need to consider the purchase price need to start looking at of the lesser known imports ....

Are they saying that you need a new bike because all the previous bikes they sold were no good? Different wheel sizes... next you gonna tell me that a 172.5 crank is better than a 175.

That is specialized marketing.

We are super excited to present to you the bike we always wanted to build. We started with a blank slate and didn't rest until we found perfection.

3 years later

That rubbish we sold you last year, forget about it, you'll be lucky to make it safely round the local park run course the geometry is so outdated.

Wow. Only 100k more expensive than a KTM 450 SX.

Which produces, you know. 60+ BHP

Has a hydraulic clutch

electric start

WP suspension

Brembo brakes etc.

but can you schralp the berms at Tokai on the KTM 450 SX

no! that will cost you 100k more!!

Precisely  - if you donate R100k to trail repairs you can come schralp for a day. No guarantees you wont get arrested.