947 Ride Joburg

The Ouzo

1 minute ago, TNT1 said:

When did you book? I just checked my confirmation mail, I booked Thursday last week, and still no nothing.

I made my booking yesterday morning

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm going to get flack for this but guys after all these years you know this is how registration will be ... until they change it is it worth getting miff about?

What options are there, suck it up and do it or rather don't race?

10 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

I know I'm going to get flack for this but guys after all these years you know this is how registration will be ... until they change it is it worth getting miff about?

Just because it is the norm does not mean you should accept it as standard! Always look for was to do things smarter/faster. With that said - no flack to give from me. For now it is what it is - hope to enjoy my 20th ride, albeit on my slow MTB with knobbies. My race snake days long done - now just enjoy every ride I do with my son. What a privilege! Brings tears to my eyes!

20 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

I have mailed them now to ask w, t and f.

Let us know if they respond

As a side note - my son only got his seeding mail 2 hours ago. Sheesh! 

Edited by pedal menace

1 hour ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Point is........doesn't have to be how registration is............never was like that previously. 
They wont change it.  Sheeple still enter and drive out to get a piece of paper.  It will stay the same just like CSA will stay the same........taking cyclist money with no value add.

And yes.  That is exactly what most people have started to do.  They don't race anymore. 
This will be my last licensed race also.
And if the race doesnt lend itself towards easy, on the day, number collection, I'll stay away.  

Edited by Spinnekop

So i'm taking the advice i have given to many " if you don't train don't race" so i'm out for Sunday. I might however sneak in for as quick ride round Kyalami..

25 minutes ago, Prince said:

So i'm taking the advice i have given to many " if you don't train don't race" so i'm out for Sunday. I might however sneak in for as quick ride round Kyalami..

I am so not going around Kyalami this year. I swear I am going to cheat… ????

38 minutes ago, Prince said:

I hope they prevent you from entering the track at the gates. Please dont create a scene when those that have entered come past. 

Not picking fight with you but openly admitting your crap intensions isnt favourable for those that have entered. 

If you dont like it, stay away. Simple as that. 

You make the assumption i have not entered. I have and will be collecting my number on Friday and doing the whole goody goody thing and pinning it on so that i don't  annoy anyone. I never said anything about "not liking" anything. All i said was that i have not trained properly so won't be doing the race.

Expensive way to get a trip around the track then? 

No worries, intentions are not fouled

The plan was for me to take over someone else's entry that couldn't make the event, but that person has seemingly fallen off the face of the earth since reaching out to confirm the substitution on Friday.

Thus, If anyone here can't attend anymore please drop me a PM.

Probably repeating what has been stated but the organisation around seeding, expo etc. seems to be a shambles. Realised last night, after following this thread, that I haven't received my seeding yet. Then doubted whether I followed the correct procedure to transfer my entry from last year (which I am confident I had done). Proceeded to phone the race office who seemed relatively proficient but then still hadn't phoned me back by lunch after committing to do so. I phoned again. Turns out I'm affected by some "technical issue" that the team is working on and that I should receive all the details in the "next day or two". Not instilling me with much confidence.

Regardless, does anyone know if it would be possible to do a double loop this year? The rules state something about double loops for charity not being allowed but I'm hoping there is some way around this. I have my best legs in years and would like to take it on if possible.