947 Ride Joburg

The Ouzo

2 hours ago, Gr3mlin131 said:

Seeded for E, but might be helping push people back in X. Not fit enough to hit Sub 3 this year, might as well enjoy the ride and help others actually finish. 

I'll be waiting.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Still haven't received any comms from them w.r.t my seeding.

Is mine so low they're still going through the Chinese alphabet? ????

Did you actually enter this year, or just assume that the carry over would be enough?

2 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Did you actually enter this year, or just assume that the carry over would be enough?

Nope. Followed the correct procedure. 

7 hours ago, TNT1 said:

I think physically I'm good, judging by last week's efforts with Pritzen, but I don't think my head is in the game after no racing for all these months.

Any chance this Sunday has a ride with 32ish avg? Keen to join a ride near East Rand

7 hours ago, thebob said:

I'm out at 8;25. Assuming the load time of 8:05 is when they will put us in the start area?

Friend of mine is starting 15 minutes earlier. Gives me something to chase. @Chadvdw67 I am coming for you ????

Hau, just because I am fat doesn't mean I am the dangling steak in front of the shark...

10 hours ago, TNT1 said:

I think physically I'm good, judging by last week's efforts with Pritzen, but I don't think my head is in the game after no racing for all these months.

I feel exactly the same ,although not sure i am fit enough for a suffer fest and my head certainly isn't in the game to go to the hurt locker for 3hrs .The last race I did was 94.7 2018. Think there seeding is a little generous ( reads sadistic) .

Can you just drop back or do you have to officially apply? Waiting for a mate to get his email for his group .

Edited by Pikey

10 hours ago, Nico van Loggerenberg said:

This new route looks more fun than 2019 - getting excited!

What is the total ascent ? Presume it’s 94.7 km still. Anyone have the route ?

9 hours ago, Pikey said:

I feel exactly the same ,although not sure i am fit enough for a suffer fest and my head certainly isn't in the game to go to the hurt locker for 3hrs .The last race I did was 94.7 2018. Think there seeding is a little generous ( reads sadistic) .

Can you just drop back or do you have to officially apply? Waiting for a mate to get his email for his group .

You can drop back with no issues. You can't skip ahead of your start group 

5 hours ago, WR 1.0 said:

You can drop back with no issues. You can't skip ahead of your start group 

“If you feel like you may have been incorrectly seeded, you are welcome to apply for re-seeding on or before 25 October 2021. Re-seeding will be done at the sole discretion of the organisers who will require proof of ability in the form of results only. You can also view your start time here

why i ask if you have to apply to drop back ? Is it a Covid regulation?  I know you can’t go forward and hell I wouldn’t want to go to A ????

16 minutes ago, Pikey said:

“If you feel like you may have been incorrectly seeded, you are welcome to apply for re-seeding on or before 25 October 2021. Re-seeding will be done at the sole discretion of the organisers who will require proof of ability in the form of results only. You can also view your start time here

why i ask if you have to apply to drop back ? Is it a Covid regulation?  I know you can’t go forward and hell I wouldn’t want to go to A ????

If you're late to your batch, you're late. 

I think that mail is aimed at riders getting a s-batch seeding but believe that they should be higher up (as example) cause they don't want to ride with the slow, weekend warriors, cause #Stravaaaaaaaa

1 minute ago, WR 1.0 said:

If you're late to your batch, you're late. 

I think that mail is aimed at riders getting a s-batch seeding but believe that they should be higher up (as example) cause they don't want to ride with the slow, weekend warriors, cause #Stravaaaaaaaa

Aaahhh, and I am terrible at getting up early ????????