Tokyo Olympics 2020 - Cycling

Shebeen

3 hours ago, FootballingCyclist said:

In other news... Eish my 4k

IMG-20210728-WA0038.jpg

IMG-20210728-WA0037.jpg

Is the de Bod pic legit, can't seem to find it on twitter or instagram. Any idea what time difference the suit really makes ? Know its massive in swimming just curious if there is such a big difference in TT 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if its been discussed, see on instagram, the Cycling SA appointed mechanic is MIA for the track cyclists. SA getting help from other nations mechanics. 

Do they not get their trips paid for etc?

So word from inside the camp is there has been a massive meeting because apparently contract were signed by all and in these contracts it stated something about social media posts etc, So most likely has been removed.

1 minute ago, Pure Savage said:

Not sure if its been discussed, see on instagram, the Cycling SA appointed mechanic is MIA for the track cyclists. SA getting help from other nations mechanics. 

Do they not get their trips paid for etc?

Yeah been brought up a page or so back.

18 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Hehehe ????

2290F986-00F8-4484-9BA0-3B05555EDA9E.jpeg

It is weird though when the olympics are raced under different conditions to all the other events. Does anyone know if the olympic qualifier events are also radio free?

8 minutes ago, Zama7 said:

Is the de Bod pic legit, can't seem to find it on twitter or instagram. Any idea what time difference the suit really makes ? Know its massive in swimming just curious if there is such a big difference in TT 

CSA fined one of our riders in the last olympics for making his own skinsuit. it's just silly that they can't get their heads around the way time trialing technology works these days.

2 minutes ago, 100Tours said:

Does anyone know if the olympic qualifier events are also radio free?

What? Those don't exist in cycling. This is a proper sport not like these other piffling things at the olympics.

Participation in cycling at the olympics is based on the number of UCI points a country has. You get UCI points from all the UCI sanctioned races in the calendar.

11 minutes ago, Zama7 said:

It makes a huge difference. Over a course like today's, the latest skinsuit technology is probably worth around 30 seconds.

3 minutes ago, 100Tours said:

CSA fined one of our riders in the last olympics for making his own skinsuit. it's just silly that they can't get their heads around the way time trialing technology works these days.

tbh I just don't think they care. When I watch videos about all the tech that goes into TT skinsuits, The stitching, the materials, the panels etc etc I can then understand why a rider would prefer to wear his own. 

1 minute ago, TNT1 said:

It makes a huge difference. Over a course like today's, the latest skinsuit technology is probably worth around 30 seconds.

I think there is 10 seconds between the best, but between the best and the average is probably 45 seconds.

8 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

So word from inside the camp is there has been a massive meeting because apparently contract were signed by all and in these contracts it stated something about social media posts etc, So most likely has been removed.

still see posts on Jeans IG stories...

no F8ks given

Just now, Pure Savage said:

I think there is 10 seconds between the best, but between the best and the average is probably 45 seconds.

I was basing it on whatever Mr Price gave De Bod vs a proper skinsuit like his trade team, would use...

1 minute ago, babse said:

still see posts on Jeans IG stories...

no F8ks given

I see there is a Track and Road cycling mechanics, so no sharing of staff it seems. 

See the Track manager is posting the videos and Jean is just re posting them, as is a lot of other people.

3 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

We should do a comparison between those, and me with clip on tri-bars from 1993 and a skinsuit even older than that.