where will you go for NCR discussions now?

Shebeen

to talk about stuff on the internet  

28 members have voted

1. 1. with the NCR muted, where will you go educate and debate issues

• twitter
    • facebook
    • https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/
    • https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/
    • instagram
    • other1 - carbonite.co.za
    • other2 - pinkbike
    • other3 - NOWHERE - won't miss NCR
    • other4 - reddit
    • other5

17 hours ago, Stretch said:

Ok....I guess it depends entirely on critical mass how successful or is or not. If we get key contributors involved then it will work . If not.. It will dribble away.. Let's wait and see

https://discord.gg/mmaxqvMvPj

thanks ????

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, buchanan said:

@Harryn Maybe we give this discord thing a go? I've only ever shared 1% of my knowledge here :lol:

I am there. Come break the internet.

So is that where the discussion will go about things like Israels resurgence of cases despite level of vaccination, Hancocks infidelities , Mkhizes dismissal, the now mooted booster shots needed which was not foreseen after thorough testing, recent evidence of mask inefficiency, Bidens now plan to fund the police even more , Harris and her aim to turn back the refugees, USA troop withdrawals from Afganistanetc etc 

And where are the ous washing all that egg off their faces? 

(satire for those in doubt, cant find comic sans) 

????

PS: Sweden for the win. 

Edited by IceCreamMan

49 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

So is that where the discussion will go about things like Israels resurgence of cases despite level of vaccination, Hancocks infidelities , Mkhizes dismissal, the now mooted booster shots needed which was not foreseen after thorough testing, recent evidence of mask inefficiency, Bidens now plan to fund the police even more , Harris and her aim to turn back the refugees, USA troop withdrawals from Afganistanetc etc 

????

And it's baiting like this that is the reason we no longer have a place to discuss these things here.

I’m going to weigh in here. This is only my second ever post on bikehub. The first being a thread I started this morning asking for input on a new bike purchase (cycling related) 

I have been aware of the hub for years. Have even bought a few things advertised in the classifieds before, and have gotten some good info from time to time on the threads, when researching an issue. 

but I finally decided to join when I saw the announcement of NCR threads being removed. Well done to the admin team for this. The internet is huge, and full of echo chambers and notice boards to go and discuss any topic of your choice. You can even choose platforms based on your own confirmation bias, to be sure 99% of everyone there agrees with you. 

I stayed away from joining this forum previously, because there seemed to be a massive amount of other stuff not cycling related being discussed ad nauseam here. More so, it seemed to be the same small handful of people keeping these threads going forever and ever, creating a lot of noise and clutter, that one has to sift through to get to any actual good cycling content. 

those same members seem to also be the ones that bring constant negativity into the actual cycling threads, either with divisive opinions, or with their very high and mighty attitudes. I can only imagine this decision will by default also result in a natural cleaning up of the cycling related threads. 

I hope I’m right. If not, I’m fortunately not overly invested in this. I decided to give the hub a try now that they are focusing on cycling again, and if it doesn’t work out, I will Still enjoy riding my bike just as much as before…

2 hours ago, AdventureAndy said:

I’m going to weigh in here. This is only my second ever post on bikehub. The first being a thread I started this morning asking for input on a new bike purchase (cycling related) 

I have been aware of the hub for years. Have even bought a few things advertised in the classifieds before, and have gotten some good info from time to time on the threads, when researching an issue. 

but I finally decided to join when I saw the announcement of NCR threads being removed. Well done to the admin team for this. The internet is huge, and full of echo chambers and notice boards to go and discuss any topic of your choice. You can even choose platforms based on your own confirmation bias, to be sure 99% of everyone there agrees with you. 

I stayed away from joining this forum previously, because there seemed to be a massive amount of other stuff not cycling related being discussed ad nauseam here. More so, it seemed to be the same small handful of people keeping these threads going forever and ever, creating a lot of noise and clutter, that one has to sift through to get to any actual good cycling content. 

those same members seem to also be the ones that bring constant negativity into the actual cycling threads, either with divisive opinions, or with their very high and mighty attitudes. I can only imagine this decision will by default also result in a natural cleaning up of the cycling related threads. 

I hope I’m right. If not, I’m fortunately not overly invested in this. I decided to give the hub a try now that they are focusing on cycling again, and if it doesn’t work out, I will Still enjoy riding my bike just as much as before…

You certainly did your due diligence before joining. Following and analysing all those topics and people you find so annoying when nothing compelled you to do so. 

I can still understand that admin thought the discussions a burden but this idea that off-topic discussions somehow polluted the cycling topics or that they bothered any users not partaking in them is a much tougher sell. 

On 6/24/2021 at 1:06 PM, Stretch said:

Ok....I guess it depends entirely on critical mass how successful or is or not. If we get key contributors involved then it will work . If not.. It will dribble away.. Let's wait and see

https://discord.gg/mmaxqvMvPj

I am going to have a look but can't promise to be a major contributor. My forum time with work and one little angle and another due in August is very limited.

On 6/25/2021 at 2:52 PM, IceCreamMan said:

????

Maybe that’s why it’s called discord...”disagreement between people.”

9 hours ago, AdventureAndy said:

“I’m fortunately not overly invested in this”

Welcome

Learn to ignore those threads and posters that worry you

How much have you invested? ????

On 6/25/2021 at 2:52 PM, IceCreamMan said:

????

Loosing the covid threads was inexplicable.

Anyone who wants to pass on covid related information would now have to start a new thread, ridiculous.

On 6/26/2021 at 8:36 AM, AdventureAndy said:

Bra, with that sad post you're no better than anyone here with your little snide remarks. 

On 6/26/2021 at 8:36 AM, AdventureAndy said:

What a strange post, you couldn't find the cycling related posts because all the off topic posts in a completely separate area of the site got in the way?

What a weird little post.

On 6/24/2021 at 10:45 AM, stefmeister said:

Yeah, I'm in no hurry to add a snorkel to a gti....yet.

Trade the GTI on a R and you have a "4x4".

On 6/26/2021 at 12:47 PM, Patchelicious said:

Congrats! Is the one coming in August acute or obtuse? 

My comprehension is so lacking on this one I don't even know if I need to be offended :)