Fraud Charges Against “Cycle Tour Operator”

DeniseD

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, PygaSchmyga said:

these are the groups he targets, per the likes on his fb page.  Be a shame if they all got flooded with warnings form concerned citizens about TAUN'S scam MTB tours, wouldn't it?

Screenshot 2022-09-14 at 17.11.40.png

On it 👍

16 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

ok looks like maybe I was wrong here.

I just checked my FB, and I got an unsolicited direct messages from Taun Bewsher. I don't really use this much, but it turns out there is a thing called 'vanishing messages" so I can't see it anymore. but here's the gist of it. (in bullet form).

·         Why am I hounding him and trying to ruin him and his business?

·         The CT weekend tour happened, the video was from day1 which was a thursday

·         He is banned from bikehub so can’t comment on here

·         He is happy to meet up and discuss everything in person – and gave his number

·         He does not consent to the message being circulated on a public platform

·         He actually has nothing to hide, and invited me to come on a free tour first week of nov in the garden route. I will have a whole week to discuss anything I want and he will answer

·         I can then publish the facts in a bicycle magazine or an online website

pm me the number , just to register it as scammer on true caller 

19 hours ago, PygaSchmyga said:

these are the groups he targets, per the likes on his fb page.  Be a shame if they all got flooded with warnings form concerned citizens about TAUN'S scam MTB tours, wouldn't it?

Screenshot 2022-09-14 at 17.11.40.png

Also targeting Yorkshire mtb community 

image.png.32289550396710cbebdba0d364063a34.png

40 minutes ago, Red Robin said:

You are not wrong.

The rest  of his words are  all bullsh*t. 

Part of how he gets away with it for so long, smooth talking and humble with a touch of why are you picking on poor innocent me  just trying to make a living blah blah blah.

So there may be the odd tour that goes ahead  - bit like a pyramid scheme where the odd person gets paid out to keep it looking legit. 

Figure as much.

43 minutes ago, LongDonkey said:

Now you get a free tour.........
Negotiate on behalf of those who lost out to get money back, or find out why the did not.
#takeyourownfirewood

Thought of just setting up a meeting and then not pitching. But there's nothing really to be gained apart from wasting his time, I haven't been personally affected.

My beef here is I want to see biketourism grow locally, and he is ruining it for the ethical ones. I'm surprised SAtourism or the other companies don't step in and sort him out.

I'm also surprised none of the charges have stuck, or Bolhuis on the case has not been able to catch him.

30 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

Figure as much.

Thought of just setting up a meeting and then not pitching. But there's nothing really to be gained apart from wasting his time, I haven't been personally affected.

My beef here is I want to see biketourism grow locally, and he is ruining it for the ethical ones. I'm surprised SAtourism or the other companies don't step in and sort him out.

I'm also surprised none of the charges have stuck, or Bolhuis on the case has not been able to catch him.

Set up the meeting and invite all the people that are waiting for their money to go with. 

3 hours ago, Shebeen said:

ok looks like maybe I was wrong here.

I just checked my FB, and I got an unsolicited direct messages from Taun Bewsher. I don't really use this much, but it turns out there is a thing called 'vanishing messages" so I can't see it anymore. but here's the gist of it. (in bullet form).

·         Why am I hounding him and trying to ruin him and his business?

·         The CT weekend tour happened, the video was from day1 which was a thursday

·         He is banned from bikehub so can’t comment on here

·         He is happy to meet up and discuss everything in person – and gave his number

·         He does not consent to the message being circulated on a public platform

·         He actually has nothing to hide, and invited me to come on a free tour first week of nov in the garden route. I will have a whole week to discuss anything I want and he will answer

·         I can then publish the facts in a bicycle magazine or an online website

He is just a bull shitter, I am happy to post his email where he promised to refund me in 48 hours for his non existant trip to the pans.

This P.O.S. will never change, he has been doing for to long now. (easy pickings)

If you check out his images they are all shutterstock pics, none of them are actually his..

2 hours ago, leeubok said:

Set up the meeting and invite all the people that are waiting for their money to go with. 

Super easy to set up a Zoom or Teams meeting, and you can also record this should it be required.....this way you can reach more people, and get them to interact and share RE their experiences with this scumbag.

3 hours ago, Shebeen said:

Figure as much.

I think he fears this sort of thread far more than any law enforcement or court action in SA - he hides behind the rank incompetence of the legal and judicial system.  Threads like this, however get google search hits and the very enthusiastic energy of a large number of the thread participants to rain down pain by alerting all his target sucker groups pose a real threat to his pool of suckers.  The best way to deal with scumbags like this oke is to keep these threads live constantly.

Right Right TAUN BEWSHER?? wat se jy papa?

Edited by PygaSchmyga

5 hours ago, Comrade J said:

He is just a bull shitter, I am happy to post his email where he promised to refund me in 48 hours for his non existant trip to the pans.

This P.O.S. will never change, he has been doing for to long now. (easy pickings)

If you check out his images they are all shutterstock pics, none of them are actually his..

I too have e mails confirming and promising a refund for the non existent tours to the pans. When I actioned this he had the audacity to threaten me with legal action!  

It is a failing of our government, legal system and society that this type of low life can continue to operate with impunity. 

There are no words bad enough to describe him and his ilk.

I at least got my money back, BUT was also promised a free tour etc , guess what he just dissapeared.....I was very fortunate i know , but that he conned a lot of people out of their money and still doing it is very true! I know that he was suppose to meet up with the Carte Blanche crew but that also did not happened. 

The sad reality is that these types of low like scum don't give a continental f..K what others think of them and that is why they continue to do what they do.