Absa Cape Epic 2021 thread

Shebeen

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/26/2021 at 6:55 AM, eala said:

These two were in front of us many times .They are proof that you don,t need expensive carbon  kit and or exceptional skill to finish .They were fit and could ride the steep sections we battled with .They also had exceptionally good manners on the trails and smiled a lot .Well done to them and wish them well 

It would be interesting to know what these ladies, and other not sponsored riders, were using.  

32 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

True words 

Would be nice though if everyone that do cheat don't win or at least get caught.

1 minute ago, DieselnDust said:

The world isn't as simple as that though.

Tax evasion, insider trading, speeding/not paying speeding fines, collusion, price fixing, shoplifting - every person/industry has their own brand of doping.

11 minutes ago, Eldron said:

Tax evasion, insider trading, speeding/not paying speeding fines, collusion, price fixing, shoplifting - every person/industry has their own brand of doping.

and many of these affect people in more far reaching ways than peeps popping pills in an attempt to improve entertainment. They don't catch all of those perps either. This does not infer that we should adopt defeatist attitudes but perspective does help to direct the energy in the right direction

Edited by DieselnDust

4 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

and many of these affect people in more far reaching ways than peeps popping pills in an attempt to improve entertainment. They don't catch all of those perps either. This does not infer that we should adopt defeatist attitudes but perspective does help to direct the energy in the right direction

100% 

The issues are often over stated as well. We never hear about the millions of people who don't cheat - just the vast minority that do. It gives us a skewed perspective on the world.

Case in the point: The hub ????

36 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Would be nice though if everyone that do cheat don't win or at least get caught.

Ofcourse but life isnt a fairytale unfortunately. This applies to more than just cycling, it applies to the world.