Cape Town Cycle Tour 2022

Pure Savage

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me, well, after last years October ride and the glacial pace (slower that the snails) we did, my starting time this year is so late, I think the spectators will be drunk, sunburnt and half dead by the time I get to Suikerbossie, but as always I plan to have fun.

2 minutes ago, DJR said:

Me, well, after last years October ride and the glacial pace (slower that the snails) we did, my starting time this year is so late, I think the spectators will be drunk, sunburnt and half dead by the time I get to Suikerbossie, but as always I plan to have fun.

'The day we stop rolling is the day we die'

- Anon

19 hours ago, Jbr said:

Hopefully no timed 5mins neutral zone this year

$ has a 12km/h 5min neutral zone every year. I wonder if it would help if 50 people phone them to complain about safety issues with going that slow...

1 minute ago, bleedToWin said:

$ has a 12km/h 5min neutral zone every year. I wonder if it would help if 50 people phone them to complain about safety issues with going that slow...

Oh so the fact that the winning time was so much slower in 2021 than in 2020 has nothing to do with the neutral zone ? 😅

I see only on the PPA website (like for winelands). Index is *** though, worse than Winelands, probably because it was a flat and windless race, with 100 guys finishing in the same minute

1 hour ago, bleedToWin said:

In 2019 this wasn’t the case, the peloton started with a moerse bang got to the N1 on-ramp and mid pack had a moerse crash where the road funnelled… guess who was incorrectly positioned 🙋‍♂️ and watching all the oaks trying to free themselves from each other while the front half of the field just cycled away. Needless to say we formed a $.1 group 🤣

It was also a bit windy that year and the chase didn’t work…never saw main bunch again and ended up with a 10 man TTT and didn’t even get a sub 3 (which was VERY sort after that year)

34 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Are you guys actually 50+? 

I've ridden in that group as a 20 something before. It's the racing 50+ group, but they'll fill it with rando's to get their preferred size after all those that qualify are accounted for.

On 2/12/2022 at 8:57 PM, Mamil said:

1B .

I feel a curious mixture of pride, disbelief, knowledge that the system is wonky and outright fear.

I'm in the same boat. OK technically 1A but am also not sure how I got there. In previous years I've had a better index and been seeded in a worse starting group, so I can only assume that (a) there are fewer people riding in general and/or (b) a lot of the decent riders who would usually be in those spots maybe just missed out on a lot of seeding events due to covid (either affecting them or the event).

Whatever the case, I'll take it. But look out for me, I'll be the guy falling off the back of 1A up Nelson Mandela Blvd.