Cape Town Cycle Tour 2022

Pure Savage

Starting in @

Best start time ever, and all I had to do was have a birthday...

Unfortunately current fitness does not match this, so I will probably see LWB's tandem soon enough... 😅

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MongooseMan said:

You'd have to go back to 2018 to find the last time someone from 2C broke 3 (though 12 did it that year) ...

Fair to say that traditionally it is very difficult to go sub 3 from groups 2 and lower.

Keep in mind though that current seeding may not be directly linked to previous years given less numbers, smaller groups etc.

I note that there's only 1A-D this year where as previously it could have been F or G perhaps giving 2C a little more of a chance. 🤷‍♂️ (a little optimism never hurt  LOL)

1 hour ago, HdB said:

Starting in @

Unfortunately current fitness does not match this, so I will probably see LWB's tandem soon enough... 😅

Not so sure about that. I'm also waaaaay off where I was 5/6 years ago so will just hang onto # for as long as possible. I'll be happy to hang on up Edinburgh drive but I think I'll be looking for passing groups on the blue route tbh. 

Buuuut if you do see a bright orange tandem with deep carbon rims and a power house 65yo on the back, say howzit, I'll be on the front suffering. 

8 hours ago, 475 said:

Shot in the dark - if you want to query your seeding, where do you direct this to? Racetec? Has anyone on hub-land done this before? Asking for my father in-law. He is not happy being pushed to the Open groups, this being his 20th CTCT.

His best shot is the Racetec stand at registration, very good chance of getting a sympathetic ear & possibility of improving his seeding. Especially if he has another result on Strava he can show them. 

Email & phone call - the outcome is usually "The computer says no!"

9 hours ago, HdB said:

Starting in @

Wow dude, huge congratulations. I think it's goingt to be kliphard racing from the gun.

&. I'm so screwed. 

Edited by mecheng89

1 hour ago, mecheng89 said:

Wow dude, huge congratulations. I think it's goingt to be kliphard racing from the gun.

&. I'm so screwed. 

Thanks, you too!

First &'s last year was faster than the first @'s, and both only about 4min slower than the first 1A's. Kliphard is an understatement!

Next week's Herald should show just how screwed I'll be

14 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I've managed to get into 2B through my clown bike antics....

Sub 3:30 in the group!

What is your strategy for gear ratio @Jewbacca

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

I've managed to get into 2B through my clown bike antics....

Sub 3:30 in the group!

Have another mate starting in 2B too, maybe I should drop back a group and ride with you. 

5 minutes ago, Kimikaze said:

For all those who did the 99er to improve CTCT seeding 😅

IMG-20220213-WA0002.jpg

This would require racetec to actually update seedings with the recent races so we have an idea which ones gave which index