Tour de France 2022

'Dale

Even the guy we shouldn't mention and George Hincapie says Wout is a beast!

They even said that should he focus on GC he might surprise a lot of people.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what happened ? why were they stopped ?

I turned around from actually doing some work to look at the TV and they were stopped, and then got interrupted before I could find out why

3 minutes ago, ouzo said:

what happened ? why were they stopped ?

I turned around from actually doing some work to look at the TV and they were stopped, and then got interrupted before I could find out why

Environmental Protesters.... again...

All rolling smoothly currently after removing them

9 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

And then suddenly, a split in the peloton!

Meintjies missed the split 

Commentators are 2nd-guessing themselves now, maybe Louis is in the front group, to be confirmed...

Moot point, two groups all back together

Edited by Vetplant

2 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Environmental Protesters.... again...

All rolling smoothly currently after removing them

Ooooh. Hey fellow environmental protestors. I have an idea.

Let's all get together and have a protest at a race of the ONE human activity that isn't absolutely FUNKING the planet.

Idiots.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Louis needs >8 seconds over Nairo-man and >2:38 over Gaudu to move up 1-2 places in tomorrow’s ITT (40Km)

Last year’s two ITTs are a bit misleading as are the results where they have raced in the same races.

In the first ITT (27km) when everyone was fresh Gaudu and NQ were both faster than LM.

In the second ITT (30km) LM was 25s faster than Gaudu, but NQ probably just rode it to finish, as he was 2:33 behind LM.

I’m going to put my Monopoly money on Gaudu, LM and NM on the GC after tomorrow’s ITT.

8 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Louis needs >8 seconds over Nairo-man and >2:38 over Gaudu to move up 1-2 places in tomorrow’s ITT (40Km)

Last year’s two ITTs are a bit misleading as are the results where they have raced in the same races.

In the first ITT (27km) when everyone was fresh Gaudu and NQ were both faster than LM.

In the second ITT (30km) LM was 25s faster than Gaudu, but NQ probably just rode it to finish, as he was 2:33 behind LM.

I’m going to put my Monopoly money on Gaudu, LM and NM on the GC after tomorrow’s ITT.

LM also has to defend 27 seconds to Vlasov. 

There was 4 seconds between Vlasov and LM in Copenhagen and NQ was 14 seconds slower than LM.

I don't think 4th/Gaudu will come into play, but the 35 seconds between NQ and Vlasov 5th/6th/7th is definitely in play.

1 hour ago, Fred van Vlaanderen said:

On paper, Vlasov should be able to overtake LM and NQ tomorrow and LM overtake NQ, but who knows after three weeks. Louis has looked stronger in the latter part of the Tour, so really hoping he can do something special  tomorrow and get that 5th. 

I hope Gaudu stays 4th and LM moves up to 5th as I have no sympathy for Nairo 😜

So what are our predictions for the ITT? 

Wout has to be the clear favourite. But who will run him close? 

Pog will be all-in, so worth a shout. 

Ganna, although not on top form, should be close. 

Gee has a solid TT in him, so a strong outside shout. 

Laporte was ahead of Lampaerd in the Stage 1 TT, before he fell. Dark horse for the win.