Anyone know if the cutoff at CP5 will also be in force?  It was for curfew

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, dillon said:

Anyone know if the cutoff at CP5 will also be in force?  It was for curfew

There will always be cut offs at checkpoints but if you are talking about the sleeping over thing then no, no sleepover as there's no curfew. 

1 hour ago, WaldoZ said:

There will always be cut offs at checkpoints but if you are talking about the sleeping over thing then no, no sleepover as there's no curfew. 

Are you doing both weekends again?

4 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

I'm hoping so, hopefully tuckering him out for when he slogs it with his dik family members (i.e. me) in the repeat... 😁

13 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

Is that an invite? 😂

1 hour ago, milky4130 said:

🤕Karoo Burn 🔥

haha, with recent events I think roles have reversed 😂

• 4 weeks later...

Doing the Trans Baviaans Repeat but our group dynamics have changed and we need an extra tent. Tents are all sold out. 

What would our other options be? Are you allowed to pitch your own tent there? If anyone have a tent to spare we would be glad to take it off your hands....

Stupid question...or two

I have done 6 TB's and plan to do my 7th this year (I really thought my 6th will be my last). I however decided to give it one more go with my son and not my usual team mates.  So it is going to be super super special with no time limit whatsoever. Great bonding time! I just want him to take it all in and appreciate the specialness of this event. What I am not quite sure about is the starting times for the event (my last one was still the "all start at 10AM event"). I thought you could start any time between 5AM and 10AM. It seems however you need to start any time between 5AM and 7AM (when the pros start). Is this correct? That makes it a very early morning  for those (like me) who need to drive quite a distance to the start.
What do you think is the time most will start? 

Edited by pedal menace

17 minutes ago, pedal menace said:

Stupid question...or two

I have done 6 TB's and plan to do my 7th this year (I really thought my 6th will be my last). I however decided to give it one more go with my son and not my usual team mates.  So it is going to be super super special with no time limit whatsoever. Great bonding time! I just want him to take it all in and appreciate the specialness of this event. What I am not quite sure about is the starting times for the event (my last one was still the "all start at 10AM event"). I thought you could start any time between 5AM and 10AM. It seems however you need to start any time between 5AM and 7AM (when the pros start). Is this correct? That makes it a very early morning  for those (like me) who need to drive quite a distance to the start.
What do you think is the time most will start? 

Majority of folks try to start as early as possible. Last year we aimed for a 05:00 start but only managed to get out the gates at around 06:00 or maybe a bit earlier. 

18 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

Majority of folks try to start as early as possible. Last year we aimed for a 05:00 start but only managed to get out the gates at around 06:00 or maybe a bit earlier. 

Tx - and is the official starting between 5AM and 7AM (not 10AM)? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am doing TransB on 13 August and need a lift to Willowmore and back from J-Bay. Anyone driving from Cape Town/Boland area? Will contribute to petrol/diesel costs. 

On 7/16/2022 at 12:23 PM, Dusty said:

Put socks in your boxes. More water than usual around.

There is literally a water crossing after every checkpoint with a supply box, so just stick with the socks on your feet and ride on 😁👌

On 7/16/2022 at 12:23 PM, Dusty said:

Put socks in your boxes. More water than usual around.

Socks at CP5 maybe, unless you just want dry feet for 30seconds any time before that 🤷‍♂️