• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, WaldoZ said:

There were planned and unplanned breakaways 😎

3 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Breaking off the back is called getting dropped... 😉

I should know as I watched you crest the climb in the group I couldn't stay with. A very hard (luckily successful) 35km chase followed that one

Just now, bleedToWin said:

I should know as I watched you crest the climb in the group I couldn't stay with. A very hard (luckily successful) 35km chase followed that one

That was also unplanned 🤣

I'm used to getting to the top of climbs 110% in the red with @WaldoZsmiling next to me, barely sweating. Not used letting @bleedToWinbreaking-away from the back though, he's usually doing this the normal way around.

After bothmans, 15 mins at 4.1 w/kg, NP 4.7, it wasn't a walk in the park catching you... some went harder than others though 🙄 I saw basically 5 guys the whole chase, when we caught you I looked behind and literally everyone was there 😭

Edited by Jbr

12 minutes ago, Jbr said:

After bothmans, 15 mins at 4.1 w/kg, NP 4.7 for 15 mins, it wasn't a walk in the park catching you... some went harder than others though 🙄 I saw basically 5 guys the whole chase, when we caught you I looked behind and literally everyone was there 😭

Well done for hauling them in - in B bunch 10 or so riders managed to break away at Bothmas. Along with Juan (the guy who passed away) and 1 or 2 others who took turns upfront I tried my best to haul them in but most peeps seemed to be quite content to sit slip and save their energy for the heroic sprint for 12th place in B bunch.

Edited by Skubarra

39 minutes ago, Jbr said:

After bothmans, 15 mins at 4.1 w/kg, NP 4.7 for 15 mins, it wasn't a walk in the park catching you... some went harder than others though 🙄 I saw basically 5 guys the whole chase, when we caught you I looked behind and literally everyone was there 😭

... and we didn't even get a thank you! Was leka working with you boys though 👊

43 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Well done for hauling them in - in B bunch 10 or so riders managed to break away at Bothmas. Along with Juan (the guy who passed away) and 1 or 2 others who took turns upfront I tried my best to haul them in but most peeps seemed to be quite content to sit slip and save their energy for the heroic sprint for 12th place in B bunch.

That's frustrating however the 10 guys (and ladies SA champ) that got away all worked together without anyone missing a turn. 

2 A guys picked up were pretty keen to keep it going too. The 1 A rider had half a kit and bloody arms but he soldiered on 💪

11 minutes ago, babse said:

That's frustrating however the 10 guys (and ladies SA champ) that got away all worked together without anyone missing a turn. 

2 A guys picked up were pretty keen to keep it going too. The 1 A rider had half a kit and bloody arms but he soldiered on 💪

I was wondering if you guys were picking up A bunch riders to share the workload 😅

But nicely done, from past experience its not easy to make a Bothmas breakaway stick.

33 minutes ago, WaldoZ said:

... and we didn't even get a thank you! Was leka working with you boys though 👊

Always 👌👌

3.58 w/kg up the true climbing segment of Bothmas' in D bunch, sitting in the wheels as much as possible. Got dropped like a rugby player riding up a rocky climb in Epic stage 7. 🤫

I know it's been two years since pinning a number on my back, however there is some good engines out there in the gritty D-for-Donkey bunch. My hip flexors are still tight. 😷

Edited by 'Dale

12 hours ago, 'Dale said:

3.58 w/kg up the true climbing segment of Bothmas' in D bunch, sitting in the wheels as much as possible. Got dropped like a rugby player riding up a rocky climb in Epic stage 7. 🤫

I know it's been two years since pinning a number on my back, however there is some good engines out there in the gritty D-for-Donkey bunch. My hip flexors are still tight. 😷

One of my teammates and at least one more rider that I know of are "A level rider" that were in D due to a lack of seeding. 

38 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

One of my teammates and at least one more rider that I know of are "A level rider" that were in D due to a lack of seeding. 

There were several A, B level performances@bleedToWinOften guys arrive late and then there are always manne returning back to the scene after the Covid gogga lockdown. My top end is decent and endurance solid and even though I got to the start somewhat fatigued, the levels at the sharp end of the bunch were solid.

Edited by 'Dale

doesn't say much, I guess hands are tied.

MEDIA RELEASE

Cyclists dies after Winelands Cycle Race

The organiser of last Sunday's Winelands Cycle Race, the Rotary Club of Paarl, has expressed its deep regret and sadness at the death of Juan Gierz, who according to available information, attempted to avoid a fellow cyclist near the finishing line in Wellington and collided with a vehicle in a side street.

A medic was dispatched to the scene who attended to Mr Gierz, and an ambulance from the local ambulance service transported him to the nearest hospital where he subsequently died of his injuries. Paarl Rotary has conveyed its sincere condolences to Mr Gierz's family.

The race organisers also decided to call the race off due to extreme heat conditions when medics advised that cyclists faced health risks if the race continued.

Paarl Rotary had provided water stations, ice and soft drinks at regular points on the race route where it was safe for riders to pull off. Five ambulances were also deployed along the route to assist riders that required medical attention. In addition, roving vehicles with 1000 litre water tanks patrolled the route and sector marshals had water on their vehicles to assist riders at the back of the field once the race had been called off.

Paarl Rotary expresses regret to all the participants for having to call the race off, and thank cyclists for their understanding and support during and after the event.

Issued by the Rotary Club of Paarl
2 February 2022