Winelands Cycle Race in January

Paarl Rotary

16 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Hope you haven't entered WP champs. Starting at 7:30 for 158km will be so lekker. We'll look like dry cramberries at the end.

Dried cranberries? Some might say 'Zombies'....... eh eh eh oh oh oh aaaa iii yaaaaaaaaa.... eeeeeyyiyaaaaa

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Dried cranberries? Some might say 'Zombies'....... eh eh eh oh oh oh aaaa iii yaaaaaaaaa.... eeeeeyyiyaaaaa

cringe-old-man.gif

I dunno what these ous are talking about. Groups C through E are vicious at these events. I'm talking elbows out, sprint line deviations, shoulder barging.... Relentless guttering, vicious bloody minded attacking at any opportunity, refusal to give anyone over 90kg the remotest chance to hold on on the hills.... 

I'm also a bit nervous for this race cos me and Jack Daniels entered the banhoek trailseeker marathon which is on the saturday so it's probably going to hurt. 

2 minutes ago, throttles said:

New seeding came out yesterday..

Well done to  Mr adjusted winning time who beat A bunch at the last Sportif by about 15 minutes 😝

Not many mamils I know can average 46km/h over 90km so clearly that oke is in a league of his own.

But still, managed to improve my seeding marginally so all good 👍

2 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Well done to  Mr adjusted winning time who beat A bunch at the last Sportif by about 15 minutes 😝

Not many mamils I know can average 46km/h over 90km so clearly that oke is in a league of his own.

what ? Last sportive the 1st and second were 30 secs in front of the bunch if I'm correct

EDIT : 1min

Edited by Jbr

1 minute ago, Jbr said:

what ? Last sportive the 1st and second were 30 secs in front of the bunch if I'm correct

Yes, but the ghost rider used in the seeding calcs beat them all by about 15 minutes 

13 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Yes, but the ghost rider used in the seeding calcs beat them all by about 15 minutes 

The ghost is loosely based on M vd Poel it seems

35 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Yeah, I was lank confused by that. My back-of-the-envelope calcs suggested my seeding would improve after that race, but the combination of that weird winning time, and the beta factor meant I stay as I was 😒

On 1/11/2022 at 3:04 PM, Jbr said:

Hope you haven't entered WP champs. Starting at 7:30 for 158km will be so lekker. We'll look like dry cramberries at the end.

Temps for Paarl on Sunday is looking lit 🔥 

Don't forget your basting sauce 

On 12/20/2021 at 8:51 PM, 'Dale said:

I entered for this start in Hellington. With recent weather phenomena, it might snow in Feb.

Hellington :D LOL. 

10 hours ago, babse said:

Temps for Paarl on Sunday is looking lit 🔥 

Don't forget your basting sauce 

9 hours ago, Jenette said:

Hellington :D LOL. 

no-thanks-i-choose-life.gif.555f790e791651776b76d7c2f7efca05.gif

19FAB65E-1155-40BB-8260-BFEA3182F67D.jpeg