UCI XCO World Cup 2022 Season

Hairy

Sam Gaze, who came through the valley of desolation with seriaas concussion-related complications in 2018 , and who underwent double knee surgery recently. Inspiring, hey.

"I learnt a lot about myself... this team environment is infectious... they believed in me... we are not at the top yet... we have a long way to go..."

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Sam Gaze went through some tough times but he seemed overly serious and had to make himself smile on occasion.

Was very disappointed with the course. Seemed very easy but hardly any opportunity for passing.

11 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

They did mention him-just didn’t sing his name like they do the others though. 

Yeah, they is what I mean

Those clowns on RBTV commentary going on about MvdP winning the last few short tracks etc all whilst he had just taken the first stage of the Giro with an epic performance!  Then they fumble on about Piddle's Cross Season (he did ride a few races, had an Epic battle with Woutkop at one race over the Xmas period) and he did take that small matter of the CX World Champs in Feb, emphatically it should be said.

I'll stop bitchin and listen to the German, and hopefully the new broadcaster nextyear will engage with some fresh commentary talent with broader insights, at least wrt cycling.

Great to see Kata Blanka Vas on the Elite Ladies front row, riding with the  Spez team it seems (SD Worx on the road and cross). And wow Becky, so cool to see her winning now, chuffed!  Sam ... well mixed feelings but he did ride a great race.

Pity there is no coverage of the U23 races, had to dig deep on the interwebs for results. Two cross regulars took the top steps on the ladies: Fenchie Line Burguier and then Puck Pieterse, she has made a name for herself as an excellent bike handler, and got some excellent results this last season riding with the CX Elites as did her mate Fem van Empel who was 7th.

Piddles old team mate Cameron Mason 14th in the mens. Big fields in both, 71 ladies and 151 men in the U23's

Looking at the Elite start lists: Mags Rochette (French Canadian) is lining up, that is a surprise to see her there. She likes muddy hardcore stuff. Great athlete and person.

And Eli Iserbyt, Tom used to go head to head with him on the U23 CX more often than not, #34 so not too far back..

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/start-list-who-will-be-racing-in-the-albstadt-xc-world-cup.html

Going to be good racing, everyone is there, and the fans. I'm hoping for wet / mud conditions.

Danke schön!

Edited by kosmonooit

16 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Pidcock seems like a likable and decent person ... that is cool 

He seems to be remarkably grounded. Pun intended (he doesn’t drink coffee). 

What a bike racer - 59 kgs, 9.2 kgs fiets

Some surprises in terms of form.

Lecomte is probably most surprising. She’s just not there yet. Ok she did hurt herself on Friday but I would have tipped her for the win.

mcConnell ,…. Well Brasil was a surprise, today I’m suspicious.

yolanda who? That much lauded 6 min win at the Petropolis warm up event was dearly more others not pushing hard in adverse conditions.

Evue also, maybe the bug they caught in Brasil hit them harder than advertised.

Great to see Jenny back in form. 
Mona is going to win her first race soon!

on the mens side Vlad gets the ride of the day. Great team work by the mechanics to undo that AXSReverb and replace it faster than a fast thing.

tom be Tom nothing to add here.

not sure what’s going on at cannondale but I hope they get it together. Avancini is starting to look like the nearly man.

Ulloa, what a ride to 10th!!

55 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Lecomte is probably most surprising. She’s just not there yet. Ok she did hurt herself on Friday but I would have tipped her for the win.

yolanda who? That much lauded 6 min win at the Petropolis warm up event was dearly more others not pushing hard in adverse conditions.

on the mens side Vlad gets the ride of the day. Great team work by the mechanics to undo that AXSReverb and replace it faster than a fast thing.

not sure what’s going on at cannondale but I hope they get it together. Avancini is starting to look like the nearly man.

Why is Mconnell suspicious? 

Cannondale had a 20yr old on the elite podium. 

I'm also interested as to why McConnell is suspicious?

Or let me rephrase, any more suspicious than anyone else?

Lecomte being unstoppable early last season wasn't suspicious but Rebecca winning after a string of good results over a decent time period is?

Or is Lecomte off the pace surprising because she is also suspicious and should be as fast as she was last year because.........

Pidcock showed some explosive power to get away and stay away today. Vlad was power. 

Fatastic mtb racing followed by the longest sprint ever by Cav.

Cycling achieved it's intended purpose of entertainment today. 

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

McConnell has been getting progressively better over the last few seasons, and last season she was showing signs of spark that would become a BOOOOM.

I am really happy for her.

Alan is also just brewing, hopefully in the new season he comes through .... given his last two seasons, he should really be the lead rider for team Crackondale.

1 minute ago, Hairy said:

McConnell has been getting progressively better over the last few seasons, and last season she was showing signs of spark that would become a BOOOOM.

I am really happy for her.

Alan is also just brewing, hopefully in the new season he comes through .... given his last two seasons, he should really be the lead rider for team Crackondale.

I hope Alan doesnt pick up on Avancini  tactic of "go till you blow"

12 minutes ago, YaseenEnos said:

I hope Alan doesnt pick up on Avancini  tactic of "go till you blow"

Well he is certainly going harder for longer than HA.

I still recon AH will be with Scott in two seasons.