Hairy

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

Why is Mconnell suspicious? 

Cannondale had a 20yr old on the elite podium. 

Just is. Maybe it’s the her being thereabouts for ages and now she’s dropping the best in the world like they just learned to ride. It’s a remarkable turnaround and we’ve seen remarkable turnarounds that end in tears.

maybe she’s changed her training regimen, new coach, better weights, better something. Whatever it is she’s a different rider for 4 straight races. Even Pauline asked where she got those really strong legs from and her response was kind of uncomfortable….

so nothing rational , just watching ,observing and letting thoughts flow

PS: Was referring to the Cannondale men. Mona is brand new to the team so we'll see how her form progresses. Alan appears to have hit a plateau or maybe I'm just expecting too much too soon or maybe he's travelling too much. He came home after Brasil and then travelled to Europe so lets see how he goes in Nove Mesto na Morave. He'll win  but it just seems like there's a gear missing at the moment or maybe its confidence? Henry appears to have gone backwards in the off season or has everyone else just stepped it up?

I guess the same could be asked of Chris Blevins, afterall he won the last round of the '21 season

Edited by DieselnDust

17 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Just is. Maybe it’s the her being thereabouts for ages and now she’s dropping the best in the world like they just learned to ride. It’s a remarkable turnaround and we’ve seen remarkable turnarounds that end in tears.

maybe she’s changed her training regimen, new coach, better weights, better something. Whatever it is she’s a different rider for 4 straight races. Even Pauline asked where she got those really strong legs from and her response was kind of uncomfortable….

so nothing rational , just watching ,observing and letting thoughts flow

You underestimate what a win does for someone. Brasil was similar conditions as Australia and she had the legs. And know she's confident. She's been on the podium for a couple of seasons and a few second places as well as 2 bronze medals in worlds

25 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Another ‘let’s use all my matches to build more matches’ fearless kinda ride 

ACDD2831-2412-4D37-BA24-B1B736E0FDFB.jpeg

A lot less so than Brazil, and net net still 3rd in the overall. 

still blows my mind to see a saffer mixing it up in the top 10, the level of skill/fitness/preparation to be up there is just insane.

25 minutes ago, tinmug said:

Dan McConnel is out the picture, Becca does have a new coach. 

Correct and he is a great guy and coach. I like the way he works and what he brings to the table. 

25 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

Correct and he is a great guy and coach. I like the way he works and what he brings to the table. 

Cool thanks for confirming. Who is this person? I’d be interested in learning a a few things

12 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Cool thanks for confirming. Who is this person? I’d be interested in learning a a few things

Hey by the way, the one race you came 3rd not so long ago ... the 2nd placed rider is one of my neighbours :P

Just now, Hairy said:

Hey by the way, the one race you came 3rd not so long ago ... the 2nd placed rider is one of my neighbours :P

Yes he told me, he climbs like a mountain goat 

“Without coffee, we cannot work…” 

Ma word, the systems and, met eish, what budget in hand 

Edited by 'Dale

1 minute ago, DieselnDust said:

Yes he told me, he climbs like a mountain goat 

and a rather nice guy too ... at least you know the guy you are racing is a solid dude, and he knows the same of you, so enjoy the racing.

1 minute ago, Hairy said:

and a rather nice guy too ... at least you know the guy you are racing is a solid dude, and he knows the same of you, so enjoy the racing.

It been a great season. We’ve all become race buddies so there’s lots of friendly and light hearted banter before the start. More importantly the wives end up being tech zone pals and forget which bottle they’re supposed to hand over lol

Hopefully XCO can take off properly in SA and especially WC.

I was lucky enough to do a Single Speed Cat. XCO format once before, and that was a absolute blast!

24 minutes ago, Hairy said:

I was lucky enough to do a Single Speed Cat. XCO format once before, and that was a absolute blast!

You were cool back then... Now you ride motorcycles 🙃

32 minutes ago, Hairy said:

There’s a fun and e bike class trialled at the LaBorie XCO on Saturday. It looked to be quite popular.

XCO is growing. The first races are usually well supported then it gets a bit more quiet as okes either lose interest or realise they won’t get enough points for provincial colours. The youth, jar and U23 to elite categories are well supported and growing