Biogen Bars Underfilled

love2fly

This is now the THIRD time I find a Biogen Nougat Energy Bar pack with a smaller-than-normal bar inside. I buy them a dozen at a time and generally don't sift through to make sure the product is correctly packed. It might seem petty but I cycle at least 12 hours a week and go through a fair amount of bars a month/year. 

I have given Biogen the chance but will now make some noise!

Time to switch solely to PVM who also make an effort and sample now and then out where I ride and are always happy to chat and advise.

The bar is about 25% under.
What makes this even worse is that I have tried to reach out to Biogen via Facebook AND Instagram and been ignored.

20220331_140320.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reducing the weight of the product whilst keeping the packaging and price the same is not the sole domain of Biogen. 

In the US, with producer price inflation at a high, this practise is currently a hot topic. 

Have you ever notice how the chocolate easter eggs shrunk over time? 

Now I miss the diabetes inducing days when a single Bar-one was the weight of a modern day mini bag full😂They really were ‘for a 25h day’ …as in enough calories that you were finished eating for 24h and then some.

Edited by MORNE

1 hour ago, love2fly said:

This is now the THIRD time I find a Biogen Nougat Energy Bar pack with a smaller-than-normal bar inside. I buy them a dozen at a time and generally don't sift through to make sure the product is correctly packed. It might seem petty but I cycle at least 12 hours a week and go through a fair amount of bars a month/year. 

I have given Biogen the chance but will now make some noise!

Time to switch solely to PVM who also make an effort and sample now and then out where I ride and are always happy to chat and advise.

The bar is about 25% under.
What makes this even worse is that I have tried to reach out to Biogen via Facebook AND Instagram and been ignored.

20220331_140320.jpg

1 hour ago, ouzo said:

so have you weighed it to see if its the stated weight ?

Weighing it would actually be the most correct measure to see if you being cheated or not

4 minutes ago, RobertWhitehead said:

Didn't U*S*N rebrand to Bio-G@En? If that rumor is true then I am not surprised 😁

same ownership

different brands and marketing positioning

20 minutes ago, YaseenEnos said:

Weighing it would actually be the most correct measure to see if you being cheated or not

Under one= 46g. Weighed 3 more: 53, 55, 56g....in packaging

8 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

same ownership

different brands and marketing positioning

This. Its the same junk, rebranded and sold by dischem😅

No. USN/Albe and DisChem has or had a shareholding making up Biogen.

Not what that has anything to do with the OP subject though. 

Product shrinkage whilst retaining packaging dimensions isn’t that unusual in the food and consumables industry though. Normally notice this on the net weight as per the packaging. The practice also irritates me, especially with chips! But it isn’t uncommon.

On powder based products it’s often to allow for settling, but that is a different scenario.

5 minutes ago, MORNE said:

So 46+53+55+56=210

/4

= 52,5g. you are stil over advertised weight by  2,5g? so you have actually received 5% extra over the last few bars😅😊

Nope. Package weight statement nust be Nett. My weights include packaging  so the others are about on. The one is close to 9g under. That's a fair %. Imagine you pay to fill your cars tank but rather than 50 litres you get 43 but pay for 50. I know it's a little but their refusal to reply gets me annoyed.

1 hour ago, vanniri said:

Reducing the weight of the product whilst keeping the packaging and price the same is not the sole domain of Biogen. 

In the US, with producer price inflation at a high, this practise is currently a hot topic. 

Have you ever notice how the chocolate easter eggs shrunk over time? 

No man - you just grew so they seem smaller!!

55 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

No. USN/Albe and DisChem has or had a shareholding making up Biogen.

Not what that has anything to do with the OP subject though. 

Product shrinkage whilst retaining packaging dimensions isn’t that unusual in the food and consumables industry though. Normally notice this on the net weight as per the packaging. The practice also irritates me, especially with chips! But it isn’t uncommon.

On powder based products it’s often to allow for settling, but that is a different scenario.

Yeah, and then they advertise, “Now with 15% more” and it’s still not the weight of what it used to be.