Titan Racing Stock Updates MY22/23

Titan Racing Bikes

Seems to be the brand of choice when asking hubbers for advice on what bike to get. 

My question... why doesn't the website list the weight of the bikes? 

My finiance and I are looking for XC bikes for training but there is no point buying something that weighs the same or more than our trail bikes. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Seems to be the brand of choice when asking hubbers for advice on what bike to get. 

My finiance and I are looking for XC bikes for training but there is no point buying something that weighs the same or more than our trail bikes. 

Yeaa ....  I wanted to buy one until I found out the frame is the best part of 1kg heavier than my 2013 Rocky Mountain Element frame .... 🙈

Edit:  About 600g

Edited by TheoG

Yup. I don't want to spend more than R30k on a bike that will be used twice a month only for it to be 2kg heavier than my trail bike. 

I'm definitely not going to phone around asking the weight of every bike either. 

Will rather look at a different brand. 

How hard is it to update your website...

21 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Very few bike brands are willing to post the weight of their bikes.
Probably because there are so many variables, What happens when the actual bike in the shop is heavier (because they added sealant or something )? Do you have a go at the brand for false advertising ?

1 minute ago, splat said:

Very few bike brands are willing to post the weight of their bikes.
Probably because there are so many variables, What happens when the actual bike in the shop is heavier (because they added sealant or something )? Do you have a go at the brand for false advertising ?

A ball park figure won't hurt. Some brands do post this. They state that the weight is for a medium with sealant for example. 

32 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Hi, we weigh actual bikes when they arrive in the factory before we share weights. (Some brands work on theoretical weights or best case scenario weights). 

That does mean we need to wait for stock to arrive before we can start the process then we need to update the site - this takes a bit of time unfortunately. If you'd like you can let me know which bike and model you're interested in then I'll check if we've managed to weigh them.

10 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

A ball park figure won't hurt. Some brands do post this. They state that the weight is for a medium with sealant for example. 

It's a tricky one. Some brands post absolute best case scenarios, that then becomes public knowledge and soon a fact. When you post actual weights and another brand posts my little pony weights you're on your back foot. 

Just one more challenge to fight! 😎

Just now, Titan Racing Bikes said:

It's a tricky one. Some brands post absolute best case scenarios, that then becomes public knowledge and soon a fact. When you post actual weights and another brand posts my little pony weights you're on your back foot. 

Just one more challenge to fight! 😎

Its completely understandable that there will be variances on the weights, BUT:

1.) You can specify a tolerance e.g 12kg +- 5% or whatever the case may be.

2.) Specify exactly what the weight is for e.g. "bare frame" with NO components attached.

This is just proper engineering principles and not rocket science !

Merida give Weight for all their bikes  Below is example for One Twenty 6000 MTB
Bikes are weighed as Delivered New (With Tubes and Tyres) and Without Pedals.
There is nothing confusing about this.

weighed at frame size L and 29“ wheels (w/o pedals)

I've often heard it said that almost all manufacturers that post weight of their products are generally a little 'optimistic' at best ... not only bike and bike part one's that is

7 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

I've often heard it said that almost all manufacturers that post weight of their products are generally a little 'optimistic' at best ... not only bike and bike part one's that is

That's why I meticulously weigh all my components and keep record of it in a spreadsheet.  When I compare I normally look for physically weighed parts and not weights stated by the supplier/manufacturer.

44 minutes ago, dasilvarsa said:
Merida give Weight for all their bikes  Below is example for One Twenty 6000 MTB
Bikes are weighed as Delivered New (With Tubes and Tyres) and Without Pedals.
There is nothing confusing about this.

weighed at frame size L and 29“ wheels (w/o pedals)

Trek does too.

But Giant says: " The most accurate way to determine any bike’s weight is to have your local dealer weigh it for you. Many brands strive to list the lowest possible weight, but in reality weight can vary based on size, finish, hardware and accessories. "