does anyone know this fraud @ysteryeti (Lionel Hennessy)

Swannie87

12 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Guys there is no bike frame.

lay a charge and move on sadly. This guy isn’t who or what he claims 

Question .... if payment was made to a bank account, can the real identity be confirmed ?

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon this oke exists under that name, and is checking in here. Things have gone south and he is digging a hole deeper without good options. Howzit @ysteryeti come clean dude, once it goes to the cops you are in more ess aitch one tea?!

he's even got some event results,

https://results.finishtime.co.za/myresults.aspx?uid=35-2688-1-1910245

https://portal.wines2whales.com/docs/results_archive/2016/2016-FNB-W2W-Ride.pdf

wonder if his partner at W2W can shed some light, or should we start playing the acronym game with the team name?!

20 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Guys there is no bike frame.

lay a charge and move on sadly. This guy isn’t who or what he claims 

After reading these pages and the history, Im in agreement with this post. 

Zero frame, zero chance of money being returned. 

the criminal case will take a while, but should eventually get to court. if the prosecutor is awake he should also ask for a section 300 order ito cpa so that your monies paid is paid back to you irrespective of the sentence on the assumption that he is found guilty on all probability fraud. He will then also have a criminal record and you should have your money back.

As i said in the beginning this will take time however and the process can only start if a charge is laid. As to the interaction on the Hub I will not sell or buy anything from him so from that perspective he is already screwed if enough people do the same.

I feel your pain and hope something good comes to you.

44 minutes ago, Mongoose! said:

so in 2019 he was 61 years old according to the results link posted by Shebeen.

Ag nee sies oom! 👎

Pension supplement 🤔(even though 1 year away from retirement)

Edited by KB280DT

Something must have gone seriously pear shaped in this guys life.

I must say I feel sorry for everyone involved here. Obviously the “buyers” who have been done in have suffered a loss, and I hope it’s made right to them.

But maybe I am just being naive, but I can’t help but feel sorry for the perpetrator here as well, and his family that have to deal with the embarrassment. I mean he was a member here for years, obviously not very active but he made a few posts, and did a few decent deals over the years. 

In 2019 he was still in a financial position to be doing bike races and event stage races, and obviously has in the past owned some high end bikes. Fast forward three years and his throwing his reputation away over R7500.00. Something must have gone very badly wrong. But by selling the bike to three different buyers, he has really just made his situation a whole lot worse…. Eish

7 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

Sorry, but I can't feel sorry.

We all make  choices that are guided by the morals and principles that govern our behavior.

Some people are poor characters, which is exposed in times such as these.

Lying and stealing cannot ever be tolerated or understood.

Spoken like someone who has never been so down and out they would be willing to do anything for a few bucks.

Not saying what he did was right or should be tolerated, but if his personal situation drove him to this I do have some understanding.

4 minutes ago, ouzo said:

Spoken like someone who has never been so down and out they would be willing to do anything for a few bucks.

Not saying what he did was right or should be tolerated, but if his personal situation drove him to this I do have some understanding.

so you reckon he has nothing to sell to alleviate his situation for example?

We don't know, I but I doubt he is that destitute - it comes down to what you can personally justify...

39 minutes ago, ouzo said:

I dunno. He says he messed up and is sorry.

Either things went south, but he has made multiple promises he didn't keep and now is tjoepstil

OR

he planned this scam from the start.

It's looking the second option at the moment, but he came on here pretending it is the first, No sympathy from me then.