Spirgrips

TrailWarrior

They have a promotion for free shipping on the intl. website. not aware of an importer in SA ???
if it's for MTB (with 22,2mm clamp) look at SQ Lab Innerbarends, they are available in the country.
Got mine from Sprocket & Jack in Randburg

13 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Do these work with Deore M8100 brakes ?

They do. Clamps directly onto the handlebar, so you just need a bit of space between the brake mount and your grip. Can't imagine there won't be enough space unless you have very small hands and run the levers very close to the grip.

2 hours ago, Headshot said:

You see, nobody wants them 🙂 

They are rad.

When you're 6 days into an Adventure race, nothing is comfortable. Your hands are sore, your feet are usually sore, your body is tired, sleep deprived and you have to keep moving! 

Hand positions, subtle body position changes and dorky things like spir grips, bar ends and those clip on hand/forearm rests are worth 50 times their weight in gold.

I've been forced into retirement, so I have no need for mine anymore. Hopefully that bring someone else relief, comfort and joy as they have done for me.

Another re-invention of old school tech so they can charge you 3 x the price. 

I agree that these things are certainly worth their weight in gold on long endurance races but the rubber Giant ones from SW for 300 ronds work just as good.

what's next - maybe 26ers will make a return !

2 hours ago, Headshot said:

You see, nobody wants them 🙂 

+1 for Jewbacca's sentiment here. Fo' shizzle, having an extra hand position where you can lock out your arms and not have to use your core or arm muscles are a godsend on ultra long events. Especially when you can switch which part of your hand/arm is providing support. The simple fact that these allow you to use your thumb/hand interface and not the middle of your palm provides a hell of a lot of relief.

Have a look at the vast majority of ultra riders, they'll most likely have at least three grip options. I'd say 3/4 entrants in the Munga Grit had a set of spir grips / togs / innerbarends or normal bar ends in addition to tri bars for this very reason.

After 36 hours any worry you have about looking cool goes flying out of the window and anything that makes moving forward easier is the priority.

20 minutes ago, TyronLab said:

+1 for Jewbacca's sentiment here. Fo' shizzle, having an extra hand position where you can lock out your arms and not have to use your core or arm muscles are a godsend on ultra long events. Especially when you can switch which part of your hand/arm is providing support. The simple fact that these allow you to use your thumb/hand interface and not the middle of your palm provides a hell of a lot of relief.

Have a look at the vast majority of ultra riders, they'll most likely have at least three grip options. I'd say 3/4 entrants in the Munga Grit had a set of spir grips / togs / innerbarends or normal bar ends in addition to tri bars for this very reason.

After 36 hours any worry you have about looking cool goes flying out of the window and anything that makes moving forward easier is the priority.

Yes, but when you shred the gnar, all other types of riding are dumb, the accessories are dumb and doing it is dumb.

Using giant fanny packs and wearing pastel or lumo coloured baggy clothing is the coolest. Everything else is lame!

9 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Yes, but when you shred the gnar, all other types of riding are dumb, the accessories are dumb and doing it is dumb.

Using giant fanny packs and wearing pastel or lumo coloured baggy clothing is the coolest. Everything else is lame!

You said it #endurancebro 🙂 Just having some fun - I'm sure they work well. I still have some Ergons with palm pads and shorty bar ends I used on a 3 day event just 3 years ago...