Assaulted by fellow cyclist- Cradle 6 November

FondTF2

17 minutes ago, peetwindhoek said:

Honest question, are we sure he was actually PART of the group he was seen in/with. The cradle has many people and could it be that he just managed to pass those in the group at that stage?

Logic would say yes as why else would my ask to the group initiated such an action?

That said, it is a question that I have played over and over in my head many a time.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/24/2022 at 1:29 PM, Chadvdw67 said:

Sorry, but I have never met a decent person who would blow up like that just because they had a bad day, maybe scream and shout some profanities at the person, but not go out of their way to catch up to proceed to bludgeon them, that is a different kind of person

Then with no insult meant, I’d suggest you have lived either a very short or sheltered time on this planet. 

I’ve unwillingly been involved in fights with sober decent people resulting in black eyes and blood lips just because I tend to squint when in sunlight, that together with my bushy eyebrows makes it look like I’m giving a skeef look… no shite 

TBH imo a lot of people in SA are walking around with very short fuses, and I’m sure when they return home they are probably quite decent

4 hours ago, SwissVan said:

Then with no insult meant, I’d suggest you have lived either a very short or sheltered time on this planet. 

I’ve unwillingly been involved in fights with sober decent people resulting in black eyes and blood lips just because I tend to squint when in sunlight, that together with my bushy eyebrows makes it look like I’m giving a skeef look… no shite 

TBH imo a lot of people in SA are walking around with very short fuses, and I’m sure when they return home they are probably quite decent

Ja Swiss. Same here I grew up in Welkom. Rough spot that. I got moered so many times for how I look. Apparently I look cocky and the dutchies didnt smaak it. Or you go to a jol and some random oke comes up to you and says hey are you checking my goose out? You say no. He says so you are saying that she is ugly?....

Than you know your beating is close. 

58 minutes ago, Vetseun said:

. Or you go to a jol and some random oke comes up to you and says hey are you checking my goose out? You say no. He says so you are saying that she is ugly?....

just look him in the eye and calmly say - yes...because only ugly chicks go out with boxes like you tjom :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Vetseun said:

Ja Swiss. Same here I grew up in Welkom. Rough spot that. I got moered so many times for how I look. Apparently I look cocky and the dutchies didnt smaak it. Or you go to a jol and some random oke comes up to you and says hey are you checking my goose out? You say no. He says so you are saying that she is ugly?....

I also grew up in Welkom in the late 70's and early 80's. Not for the feint hearted 😂😂

6 hours ago, Vetseun said:

Welkom…. brings back memories…..

Got a speeding fine there one Friday afternoon, the boere were all camped on the side of the road having a braai while operating the speed trap…..Took my girlfriend at the time there for the weekend to go to MX (Think it was Goldfields MX, a great track and the locals always hosted a good event), we were staying at the Holiday Inn. We went to the bar / nightclub in the hotel on Friday night for a meal and had to leave in a rush with the sound of broken glass and bar stools flying as a massive fight broke out at the bar…..

Were still married so she must have been impressed 😂

1 hour ago, NotSoBigBen said:

I've clearly led some kind of 'sheltered' life 😲

Living and riding in the Souf I very much doubt it 🤙

When I was in School I had a massive temper and would often be involved in fights with other school kids. My Brother used to antagonise me and then run behind a door and phone our parents to say I was trying to hit him which made me see red, so one day I broke down the locked door and klapped him. It took him jumping out of a 2nd story window to get away from me and grabbing my father's Pistol to keep me at bay. I still remember what the barrel pushed against my forehead feels like, but even that didn't stop my rage I yelled at him to do it, and when he couldn't I told him he was too much of a p___y to do it. He dropped the gun (thank whoever you believe is up there) and broke down sobbing. That pulled me out of my rage and I was also sobbing uncontrollably. From that day on I have never hit another person or any living being (I was 15 at the time, I am 44 now) but I still have to work hard sometimes to stop the rage from rising. As an example 2 years ago a wooden cupboard door had been left open in my kitchen (just above my eyeline) I hadn't seen it and turned around to get something and the corner smacked into my head, before I could think I swung around and with 1 punch shattered it into pieces this freaked out everyone in the house including myself. I do not and will not own a gun, because as the cupboard door showed me I can't trust myself. No matter how much I think I have pushed that side of myself down or how much control I think I have over it. I'm 6ft3 when training and at peak fitness I weigh 100kg at my heaviest and least fit I was 140kg, I'm currently training again cycling, and gymming my fat ass off and am 120kg (I have knocked a Springbok on his ass by mistake. We were both running around a corner in opposite directions and collided, ie both our faults. When I saw who I was helping up and apologising to I was very surprised)

So I am very cognisant of the fact that if I Iose it I could probably kill someone with my bare hands without meaning to and it scares me and makes me try to be as zen and peaceful as possible, but it's something I have to work on for the rest of my life. 

I'm not excusing the behaviour of OP'S assailant at all. A1.5km bicycle chase should be enough time to realise you're out of line and should calm the f down and turn around. Hell even a few seconds should be enough time to wind yourself down, especially as an adult. 

Sorry for the wall of text and questionable punctuation and going off topic, but after reading Ouzo and other's tell of their personal battle's with the inner rage beast. I felt the need to add my own. I have only told a tiny handful of people in my life about it, because I'm deeply ashamed of that part of myself, so it's cathartic to let it out.

OP I hope you're attacker, feels enough shame for his actions and has the integrity/backbone to come forward and take responsibility and face the consequences. For you and for him because if he can't self regulate, he needs help desperately before he kills someone. 

2 hours ago, Adzmataz said:

When I was in School I had a massive temper and would often be involved in fights with other school kids. My Brother used to antagonise me and then run behind a door and phone our parents to say I was trying to hit him which made me see red, so one day I broke down the locked door and klapped him. It took him jumping out of a 2nd story window to get away from me and grabbing my father's Pistol to keep me at bay. I still remember what the barrel pushed against my forehead feels like, but even that didn't stop my rage I yelled at him to do it, and when he couldn't I told him he was too much of a p___y to do it. He dropped the gun (thank whoever you believe is up there) and broke down sobbing. That pulled me out of my rage and I was also sobbing uncontrollably. From that day on I have never hit another person or any living being (I was 15 at the time, I am 44 now) but I still have to work hard sometimes to stop the rage from rising. As an example 2 years ago a wooden cupboard door had been left open in my kitchen (just above my eyeline) I hadn't seen it and turned around to get something and the corner smacked into my head, before I could think I swung around and with 1 punch shattered it into pieces this freaked out everyone in the house including myself. I do not and will not own a gun, because as the cupboard door showed me I can't trust myself. No matter how much I think I have pushed that side of myself down or how much control I think I have over it. I'm 6ft3 when training and at peak fitness I weigh 100kg at my heaviest and least fit I was 140kg, I'm currently training again cycling, and gymming my fat ass off and am 120kg (I have knocked a Springbok on his ass by mistake. We were both running around a corner in opposite directions and collided, ie both our faults. When I saw who I was helping up and apologising to I was very surprised)

So I am very cognisant of the fact that if I Iose it I could probably kill someone with my bare hands without meaning to and it scares me and makes me try to be as zen and peaceful as possible, but it's something I have to work on for the rest of my life. 

I'm not excusing the behaviour of OP'S assailant at all. A1.5km bicycle chase should be enough time to realise you're out of line and should calm the f down and turn around. Hell even a few seconds should be enough time to wind yourself down, especially as an adult. 

Sorry for the wall of text and questionable punctuation and going off topic, but after reading Ouzo and other's tell of their personal battle's with the inner rage beast. I felt the need to add my own. I have only told a tiny handful of people in my life about it, because I'm deeply ashamed of that part of myself, so it's cathartic to let it out.

I really like who you are. It takes courage to recognise this about oneself, even more to say it.  I think all humans have dark corners in their souls and in the wrong circumstances are capable of regrettable things.

3 hours ago, Adzmataz said:

OP I hope you're attacker, feels enough shame for his actions and has the integrity/backbone to come forward and take responsibility and face the consequences. For you and for him because if he can't self regulate, he needs help desperately before he kills someone. 

This is deep. 

4 hours ago, Adzmataz said:

Respect.  

Controlled anger can be a very powerful tool. There lies great power in harnessing it as a means to get things done and do what people think cannot be done. Uncontrolled anger is an enemy that is to be avoided at all cost.

Although we have in some instances veered off OP’s track, I feel that there has been powerful stories and discussion. 

Thanks hubbers for sharing!! 

There seems to be a lot of suppressed anger and some are doing a good job at keeping it in check. 

Now not only do I have to worry about cars on my cycle, but triggering some cyclist as well... seems best way to stay safe in the cradle is not to make any eye contact.   

Edited by DuncanDoughnuts