Diet program

Does any one have a diet program that I can loose weight and get strong?I wanna do sani2c but need to loose 20kg and get strong

It’s complicated @rogerdias

1. What are your performance goals? Realistically speaking.

2. Affecting your body shape so dramatically for one event where you aim to perform at X level is not recommended from a health point of view. Maybe look at a lifestyle change that can support your athletic endeavours?

3. Nutrition management is key, however a coach with wisdom and technical expertise can be integral to your success.

I am sure there’ll be more ideas coming through here. Hope my questions can assist you on the path.

Sterkte!

6 hours ago, rogerdias said:

Thank you,it’s not only for this event but to get back into shape

For a lifestyle change .... I had good results working with a dietitian.

For sport nutrition ... get a decent cycling coach.

Weight loss is a slow steady process.....

Start with dropping ALL sugars (not just refined sugars, but also any foods containing added sugars - this is where the main challenge lies since near everything contains added sugars) and alcohol. 

But then a balanced diet designed by a dietitian is key, and as mentioned training with a coach.

I believe the most vital and difficult part is the discipline to stick to the agenda. You need to get your head in the game or you will not achieve what you set out to do in the long run.

If you stick to your goals, which are more in line with a lifestyle change than a pure diet, the kilos should melt away over time. And your fitness will increase as well.

Now, I just need to follow my own advice for a change 😉.

Good day,

I agree with a few of the comments in the thread, however using a generic diet plan may not be as beneficial for you as you are trying to balance 2 main goals from what I read.

- Performance & Weight loss.

Why not reach out to a qualified dietician and see what your options are. They can often put together a package with a few follow ups and tweak it to ensure you get the best results.

Tayla Chin (066 228 6847) is a dietician who has a degree in dietetics and also sports science, so she is my go to for info.

I hope this helps!

2 hours ago, LouisDuPlessis94 said:

Good day,

I agree with a few of the comments in the thread, however using a generic diet plan may not be as beneficial for you as you are trying to balance 2 main goals from what I read.

- Performance & Weight loss.

Why not reach out to a qualified dietician and see what your options are. They can often put together a package with a few follow ups and tweak it to ensure you get the best results.

Tayla Chin (066 228 6847) is a dietician who has a degree in dietetics and also sports science, so she is my go to for info.

I hope this helps!

Where is she based?

2 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

90% of weight loss / gain and management is what you put in your mouth. 
Diet plan and Nutritional plan are 2 different things.

Not a thread hijack! I am in a similar boat with the OP as I also want to lose 20-25 kg.

I have managed to lose 22kg on my own without following any specific diet but just riding a lot for the past 2 years. However, I have hit a major plateau in the past few months with the midsection and posterior proving to be the most stubborn. I have also noticed that I seem to be gaining a significant amount of muscle and just not losing weight.

Does anyone have any recommendations for any nutritionist (ideally one who accepts medical aid) based in JHB? I ride a lot so I need someone who can help develop a nutritional plan that will not compromise my riding.

If you wanna hack it on your own

1. Stop eating bread completely - I mean nothing nadda

2. Only eat 1 starch with meals - Potato or rice never both

3. Stop using sugar - no sweats, cake, chocolate completely and definitely no fizzy drinks - Brannes & coke / Captain & coke is gone from your life - you can have 1 or 2 beers a month

4.  Do 2 or 3 - 1 hour ride session or IDT sessions at 70% - 75% of max heart rate.

It takes a few weeks to get going, but you should get to a point of losing 1kg per week.

that's a how i do it for events if i want to be 6kg lighter i start 8 weeks before the event - After the event i get fat and sassy again

Step 1: Eat clean. No processed food, no refined sugar, no refined carbs. No sweetners.

Step 2: Add a routine of HIIT body weight exercises to your routine. 

Step 3: Burn more calories than you eat. But… don’t eat back the calories you burn with exercise. Fuel correctly before and during the ride to prevent that rage eating after you finish. 

Step 4: Do base rides and also add running to your cardio  Burns fat very efficiently.

There are various calorie calculators out there that will give you calculated BMR as well as regular calorie calculations. Stay below your daily total by eating clean and you’ll burn about 2 to 4kg a month. 

Don’t stay in deficit for too long. Your body is clever and will start storing everything thinking it is being starved. 

25kg will take a year to drop in a sustainable way where it isn’t a diet but rather a lifestyle. 

Edited by Steady Spin

Over the last few months I’ve managed to drop 5kg with just eating clean. In the beginning I neglected fueling my cycling workouts and suffered with performance losses. 
I addressed those concerns and managed to raise FTP and lose body fat. 
Simple rule, don’t diet on the bike. The rest of day should be dedicated to this. 

Your nutrition program should be sustainable!  Remember, you go out with your family or friends.  Being LCHF or banting will become an issue.  Work function, major issues.  Been there, done that.

Edited by ewep

1 hour ago, ewep said:

Your nutrition program should be sustainable!  Remember, you go out with your family or friends.  Being LCHF or banting will become an issue.  Work function, major issues.  Been there, done that.

Never been a problem for me. One meal doesn't make you gain weight.