Diet program

My 2c, which is counter to what I am about to do. Don't listen to people on the internet, go hire a dietician,

Diets are the biggest money making scheme going so rather pay a professional and they will enable/educate you to safely and sustainably lose it.

Note the word sustainable. Diets are not sustainable, which is why they work amazingly for short periods and then flop. Also why they go in and out of fashion like fads. A dietician showing you proper portion control and better life practices will get you a lot further.

On 1/7/2023 at 10:16 PM, rogerdias said:

Thank you,it’s not only for this event but to get back into shape

Go and see a registered dietician. You need an eating plan not a diet. The right food in the right quantities at the right time is what will shed the weight and improve energy levels. But it has to be tailored to you 

26 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Where's @Gnarly when you need him ... his advice, always ... eat less, pooh more!

And as told to me by another hubber "you cannot exercise your way out of a bad 'diet'"

I should use my own advise these days. 

On 1/7/2023 at 7:27 PM, rogerdias said:

Does any one have a diet program that I can loose weight and get strong?I wanna do sani2c but need to loose 20kg and get strong

Hey Roger

i can’t help with a diet program but I would like to share what works for me…. My names Jack and I’m a sugar and food junkie who eats because it tastes nice and not because I need to eat…. yet my weight has remained +/- 4 kg constant since 1985…. In 85 I weighed 85kg, today I weighed 89kg.

Your biggest weapon in the weight loss quest is a reliable bathroom scale that you use to weigh yourself EVERY MORNING at the same time. Weighing should be done just after you wake up and had your first pee, barefoot and naked (or shorts only) and BEFORE eating or drinking. The thing is to keep the time and body condition the same every time. This way you can see if your weight changes under the same conditions and take immediate action if required. Too much weight loss (< .5kg) in one day is not good (probably dehydrated), to much weight gain and the alarm bell 🛎️ should ring and you need to adjust your eating / drinking…. As an educated adult you will know why you picked up weight and shouldn’t need a dietitian or nutritional coach to tell you… just consume less.

Drink more water, especially on your training rides.  Energy drinks are expensive and only necessary if you plan to ride / train more than 2.5 hrs EACH DAY, Energy bars and gels… pffft the same applies, coffee and croissant stops pfffft…..  it’s supposed to be a training ride…. Rather take your camera out and take photos of your mates stuffing their faces for the bikehub “where has your bike taken you” thread.

Good luck 

1 hour ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Where's @Gnarly when you need him ... his advice, always ... eat less, pooh more!

And as told to me by another hubber "you cannot exercise your way out of a bad 'diet'"

Most are just not capable of it, usually due to situation/time/family/lack of self hate. But at a top line, energy can only transfer between kinetic and potential energy so you can burn more or ingest less. It is easy to ingest too much, it is harder to burn more...

As a bachelor I was really really bad. I would wake up and smash a massive bowl of pap porridge(full of sugar), have 5 cups of coffee with 3 sugars each, I would only drink coke, or energade. I would have 3 processed cheese sandwiches on white bread for lunch, takeaway for dinner every day and 1-2 protein shakes a day. I lived that way for 18months and maintained a steady weight. I was also still rather lean tipping the scales at ±64kg. I was running every morning and gym/swim/bike every night so the output was enough. I also was just entering anything and everything so I raced every weekend and most weeks at least 1 night race. So it can be done, but it takes a lot to do it. As soon as relationships, responsibilities etc came along then it all became more challenging. But the bottom line, I know for a fact for a short time it can definitely be done. Then again for short term most diets can also work. I also got injured and trained through 3 injuries in that time. It is also interesting because I do a lot less training now and I am faster and fitter because it is not just junk miles it is structured focused training. But back to the saying- it is not impossible, it just takes a lot to be able to out train a diet.

4 minutes ago, dave303e said:

Most are just not capable of it, usually due to situation/time/family/lack of self hate. But at a top line, energy can only transfer between kinetic and potential energy so you can burn more or ingest less. It is easy to ingest too much, it is harder to burn more...

As a bachelor I was really really bad. I would wake up and smash a massive bowl of pap porridge(full of sugar), have 5 cups of coffee with 3 sugars each, I would only drink coke, or energade. I would have 3 processed cheese sandwiches on white bread for lunch, takeaway for dinner every day and 1-2 protein shakes a day. I lived that way for 18months and maintained a steady weight. I was also still rather lean tipping the scales at ±64kg. I was running every morning and gym/swim/bike every night so the output was enough. I also was just entering anything and everything so I raced every weekend and most weeks at least 1 night race. So it can be done, but it takes a lot to do it. As soon as relationships, responsibilities etc came along then it all became more challenging. But the bottom line, I know for a fact for a short time it can definitely be done. Then again for short term most diets can also work. I also got injured and trained through 3 injuries in that time. It is also interesting because I do a lot less training now and I am faster and fitter because it is not just junk miles it is structured focused training. But back to the saying- it is not impossible, it just takes a lot to be able to out train a diet.

the other issue I found is that whilst training like that you get away with eating all that rubbish, then you stop training for whatever reason but the brain still tells you you need all those junk calories. 

Also age is the bastard friend of gravity. Having said that, with a bit of discipline, at 47 I'm in better shape than at 27. I got tired of having dad boobs and no definition in the upper body and started doing just a few minutes of upper body exercise in the morning and a couple minutes in the evening, combined with the cycling the difference is rather noticeable.  

1 hour ago, babse said:

read this thread while eating packet of mini rice crisps nibbling on a slab of zero sugar WW chocolate, while drinking NO sugar NO caffiene Coke ....

fml 

Blerrie dieticians .... 😋

46 minutes ago, jcza said:

You’re welcome 

EAFA776F-DB22-4FCD-A3CF-5A1DB9BCC819.jpeg

Seafood diet is missing.

Short description is “see food and eat it”

How it works: by caloric surplus

1 hour ago, jcza said:

You’re welcome 

I love raw foods especially the fructose type problem is they exit with a bang. So ja keeps the weight off

12 hours ago, jcza said:

You’re welcome 

you should add a column with the method of making money...

Low carb, keto, paleo - Books

low fat - Veg and chicken salesmen

Weight Watchers - Scales and club

Juice diet - Books and Juicers

Intermittent Fasting, low calorie diet - the local Maccas when you break the diet...

15 hours ago, jcza said:

You’re welcome 

All of these will end up killing you.
Pick the one with the tastiest food.