Really, No Epic 2023 Thread?

BMCfan

And now the next production blooper: cutting away from the ladies last +-15km to show a "bike check" and advert for the Epic Series??

Granted, not much happening in the tactical ride, but that content can surely be shown before after the highlights reels....

15 minutes ago, babse said:

Damn I missed the interviews again...

Did Speed Company admit to blowing up again?

They looked to be riding against each other in those last few KMs 

No interviews showed as they had sound problems. They just started with Blevins/Matt but no sound. Very disappointing as I was keen to hear feedback. Hopefully we'll get them later

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

This is nothing short of Terminator level. Nothing but respect for Amy I’ve seen many a MAN pull out of a ride with 5% of that injury. 

Boss level. 

Next time a oke bails because his sphincter is a little too loose….😂

Great racing tactics from the women as well!
(cool interview)

Amazing effort from Amy to hang tough like that. 

Amy: 'I'm not Super Woman'
Candice: 'Yes you are!'

Edited by splat

8 hours ago, Jbr said:

I was wondering if she was starting in the mens group, but this is next level determination as most men would’ve pulled out for this. Hope she gets no side effects from painkillers/antibiotics. I would expect for her the worst part is getting sleep, once the juices flow on the bike the pain might go away

Quite hard getting over our engendered feeling that men are tough and women are not.

Amy won the 2012 sswc in Winterton, she got a tattoo for that one. Got one more later too.

Inaugural Munga, she won that.

Mere flesh wound!

8 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

Quite hard getting over our engendered feeling that men are tough and women are not.

nah not really, it only takes a little man flu to realise it's BS 🤣

5 hours ago, mrcg said:

And now the next production blooper: cutting away from the ladies last +-15km to show a "bike check" and advert for the Epic Series??

Granted, not much happening in the tactical ride, but that content can surely be shown before after the highlights reels....

No interviews showed as they had sound problems. They just started with Blevins/Matt but no sound. Very disappointing as I was keen to hear feedback. Hopefully we'll get them later

This was total disrespect and must never happen again. Especially that we had all seen that bike before in previous clips, and that wasn’t the time. 

That said, they are trying. 

5 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Next time a oke bails because his sphincter is a little too loose….😂

We know what to call him. 

5 hours ago, Theunissa said:

I got a warning on zwift for saying I need to work on my T. I. T. S

🤣🤣🤣🤣

5 hours ago, splat said:

Great racing tactics from the women as well!
(cool interview)

Amazing effort from Amy to hang tough like that. 

Amy: 'I'm not Super Woman'
Candice: 'Yes you are!'

Amy going to race: 

image.gif.65af5f0bbe4f5c756fcb759cabffd75f.gif

2 hours ago, Shebeen said:

Amy won the 2012 sswc in Winterton, she got a tattoo for that one. Got one more later too.

Inaugural Munga, she won that.

Mere flesh wound!

😎😎😎

Edited by OVERDRIVE

18 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Did they interview the two Germans ?

What ever you do, don't mention the war.... 

I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it....

Edited by Jewbacca

29 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Did they interview the two Germans ?

Georg said he ran out of talent in a sandy section and Lukas dragged him home in fuel saver mode ...from Instagram.

9 minutes ago, love2fly said:

Georg said he ran out of talent in a sandy section and Lukas dragged him home in fuel saver mode ...from Instagram.

Yeah he payed for his effort yesterday dragging Lucas around. Tomorrow is a new day a new fight 

Burning matches as they say....I wonder how long they've been in SA? Nino and likely JFR have been here for a good while as has Beers and have done some local races. AFAIK Georg & Lukas have been racing in Europe.

3 hours ago, love2fly said:

Burning matches as they say....I wonder how long they've been in SA? Nino and likely JFR have been here for a good while as has Beers and have done some local races. AFAIK Georg & Lukas have been racing in Europe.

They arrived a week before the Epic started