Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Hey hey, it's Friday.

Tomorrow thru Sunday I get to feel like a semi-pro and ride my bike during working hours.

Germiston - Volksrust (230km)

Volksrust - Ladysmith (160km)

Ladysmith - Maritzburg (170km)

Amashova (112km, includes riding to the start from the guesthouse).

Signing off from the Bikehub and will only be back next week with pichas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pichas or it never happened  :whistling:

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Soggy, windy and cold Helshoogte this morning on a borrowed TCR(Sick ride!) Only went as far as Tokara and pooped my brooks on the way down in the wet. attachicon.gifIMG_20161011_120741.jpg

Ive often been up Helzhoogte dry, get to the top soaked, then head down back to the dry lower roads again

#mountaintime

A quick sunset ride.

post-32865-1476378842,9732.jpgpost-32865-1476378852,2793.jpgpost-32865-1476378861,35.jpg

Why does my pics that I take when phone is vertical gets turned sideways when posting but the ones I take with the phone kept horizontally stays horizontal when I post them? Never happened in the past [emoji34]

A bad day cycling is better than a good day working.

Edited by BSG

A quick sunset ride.

DSC_0109.JPG DSC_0113.JPG DSC_0114.JPG

Why does my pics that I take when phone is vertical gets turned sideways when posting but the ones I take with the phone kept horizontally stays horizontal when I post them? Never happened in the past [emoji34]

A bad day cycling is better than a good day working.

Alot of mine come out upside down when uploading with the phone and think it's got to with which side i turn the phone horizontally. So if i turn it horizontally to the left, they come out wither upside down or right way up, cant recall which is the right way.

Ive often been up Helzhoogte dry, get to the top soaked, then head down back to the dry lower roads again

#mountaintime

It's a lekker ride. Sad I'm leaving here tomorrow without having time for a second crack at it. Maybe in two weeks time but I'm staying in Durbanville so chances ain't good.

A sneak peak so far.

Day 1: Germiston -Volksrust

260km (km), 1880m (elevation gain), 28km/h (average), 0.689

(IF).

Head (cross) wind the whole way. Felt like the Maluti Double 90 all over again, but without the Golden Gate climbs.

Brunch on day 1:

cc5782b340210bcb58b493ffdda6c010.jpg

Day 2: Volksrust to Ladysmith 160km (km), 1346m (elevation gain), 34.1km/h (average), 0.796 (IF).

Dubbed a recovery day before the start, after yesterday's long day.

After the Amajuba pass descent:

181db69241cffcf813bf66aca5ff88f9.jpg

Tempo Ride: 101 kms, 603 m ascent

Blaauwklippen Rd, Stellenbosch

Today, 09:36

Temp, 30.7 degrees

Hi Dale

Your pictures have really become very good of late. What/how do you add the text? And what is the old typewriter text called?

Beautiful day at Thaba. Did Samuel and Yafta today and managed to do Yafta in one go but coasting in between.

Also managed to get onto Henry today, it was lekker but hard work. Nice downhill section then a sharp up, then repeat this for a while and then get to a section where there is just boulders. stared at it for a while until I walked over them to get onto a ride able path again...good fun.

I managed to get in some exercise in the week but note to self, no leg exercises on a Friday...eina...hahaha

post-57045-0-44656100-1476520383_thumb.jpg

post-57045-0-76970900-1476520461_thumb.jpg

post-57045-0-83522600-1476520489_thumb.jpg

post-57045-0-13170900-1476520533_thumb.jpg

post-57045-0-60953000-1476520584_thumb.jpg

Beautiful day at Thaba. Did Samuel and Yafta today and managed to do Yafta in one go but coasting in between.

Also managed to get onto Henry today, it was lekker but hard work. Nice downhill section then a sharp up, then repeat this for a while and then get to a section where there is just boulders. stared at it for a while until I walked over them to get onto a ride able path again...good fun.

I managed to get in some exercise in the week but note to self, no leg exercises on a Friday...eina...hahaha

nice dude ????... You have me though . Where is Henry ,a path a thaba I don't know. Is that the new section ?

nice dude ????... You have me though . Where is Henry ,a path a thaba I don't know. Is that the new section ?

Afrer you come out by that big climb and go over to that uphill section then there is a sign to the left to come back down or right which said blue/green route that leads yout to the middle of that brick road and then you go straight over it and do a nice section and then i saw a sign that said henry, im sure it said henry and you then come back onto the green route that leads you to that big jump we were talking about.

Hi Dale

Your pictures have really become very good of late. What/how do you add the text? And what is the old typewriter text called?

Thanx, DJR

Courier New, size 18, bold

One of the options above  :thumbup: