Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

FUN Gaalens!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap: Back at my fav stomping ground after a a couple weeks..

convinced some locals who we met on the trail to try Double D, the newest trail Erik built about 2 months ago.

flowy up and Gnarly down... the guys bought a few pieces of land  :whistling: .. but thoroughly enjoyed it.

After the recent winter veld fires the trails stick out like veins on Pawel Poljanski's legs at the TDF.

post-6012-0-54590000-1503748850_thumb.jpg

The descent of Pofadder, which is what Double D joins onto, is tricky and the trail is very rocky but super fun.

You need your wits about you

post-6012-0-96177300-1503748381_thumb.jpg

at the end, even more treats and you get to finish off with the insanely fun wave runner.

post-6012-0-31344300-1503748503_thumb.jpg  

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost feels like spring is here.  

Beautiful riding in the Hemel and Aarde valley on trustee bamboo.  Great weather, new friends, lots of bike talk.  

Seems like a perfect Sat morning ride...and then we got to the end-of-ride coffee destination, devastated!

Should have carried on riding to Plaaskombuis on the Hermanus trails route.

JIP, thought that trail would be MUDDY after the rains .....

Not today, but the last 6 rides on my road trip from KZN to CPT . Hogsback, Harkerville, Storms River, GRTP, Helderberg Trails and Jonkers. Today will be Tokai

Pic 6 with the log could've been a dead stopper[emoji33]

Hou die rubber op die grond!

FUN Gaalens!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Back at my fav stomping ground after a a couple weeks..

convinced some locals who we met on the trail to try Double D, the newest trail Erik built about 2 months ago.

flowy up and Gnarly down... the guys bought a few pieces of land :whistling: .. but thoroughly enjoyed it.

After the recent winter veld fires the trails stick out like veins on Pawel Poljanski's legs at the TDF.

attachicon.gifIMG_9235.JPG

The descent of Pofadder, which is what Double D joins onto, is tricky and the trail is very rocky but super fun.

You need your wits about you

attachicon.gifIMG_9221.JPG

at the end, even more treats and you get to finish off with the insanely fun wave runner.

attachicon.gifIMG_9220.JPG

Is it just the angle of the photo or does your saddle point a little to the left?

Not today, but the last 6 rides on my road trip from KZN to CPT . Hogsback, Harkerville, Storms River, GRTP, Helderberg Trails and Jonkers. Today will be Tokai

The Hogs today

post-2975-0-97208400-1503767023_thumb.jpg

And south towards the coast

post-2975-0-70178500-1503767089_thumb.jpg

Is it just the angle of the photo or does your saddle point a little to the left?

Argh! I was torn between using this photo or not because of that!

The wind was so woes and I was battling to steady the bike, that's why it's off Centre

Saddle's straight .. I'm just k*k

Argh! I was torn between using this photo or not because of that!

The wind was so woes and I was battling to steady the bike, that's why it's off Centre

Saddle's straight .. I'm just k*k

I feel your pain bro, have had the same issues before as well as bike being blown over as our beautifull Breederiver Valley rarely does not have wind.

[emoji100]

Sent from my SM-J111F using Tapatalk

I did get up Dorst Berg (though I walked most of the way ... my personal goal is to ride more of it each time), then you get the guys that do 2 or 3 runs up it .... RESPECT !

I did get up Dorst Berg (though I walked most of the way ... my personal goal to ride more of it each time), then you get the guys that do 2 or 3 runs up it .... RESPECT !

Good on you Chris, keep on trying and you'll get there eventually.

As we say in Afrikaans, "aanhouer wen!".

Just remember it doesn't get easier, you just get faster. [emoji109]

I zigged when I should of zagged!!!!!!

A little rumble in the jungle. [emoji6]

If you don't push your limits you'll never know where they are hey.

Almost feels like spring is here.  

Beautiful riding in the Hemel and Aarde valley on trustee bamboo.  Great weather, new friends, lots of bike talk.  

Seems like a perfect Sat morning ride...and then we got to the end-of-ride coffee destination, devastated!

Beautiful pics, and most of all - a REAL bike!

Have only had one ride this week, as I've been kept busy with other stuff in the evenings.

Hoping to get out on the bike tomorrow, but by the current look of things its ganna be a late ride.

Here's some pics from my ride on Thursday evening, was great to have some daylight for more than 10 minutes as longer days are slowly approaching.

ab639a937ebb9dfaa90ffa9a2d16127f.jpgf4ae5d055c211f93267a219a069c9d4a.jpg363c8c0d9c676aae3aadd6b83f4187f5.jpg

I want/need to go out riding tomorrow morning at 05h45, but I hate cold mornings. I desperately need to start cycling more often because the winter fat is starting to get visible [emoji848]

Didn't happen, my bed won the fight.[emoji1]

Edited by BSG

I want/need to go out riding tomorrow morning at 05h45, but I hate cold mornings. I desperately need to start cycling more often because the winter fat is starting to get visible [emoji848]

Ek is verskriklik sleg met vroeg op staan, ek sal eerder saans na werk gaan ry.

Naweke moet ek soggens ry, maar probeer dit dan tot bietjie later, so 7uur, uit stel.

Ek is verskriklik sleg met vroeg op staan, ek sal eerder saans na werk gaan ry.

Naweke moet ek soggens ry, maar probeer dit dan tot bietjie later, so 7uur, uit stel.

Vroeg opstaan is nie die probleem nie, die bleddie koue is.[emoji38]

A little rumble in the jungle. [emoji6]

If you don't push your limits you'll never know where they are hey.

Indeed, but in the years that I am riding there, this is the first time I crash. Hardly a place to have a crash. 

Edited by Eddy Gordo

Tokai Forest (OK, I know there is no more forest, so I suppose we'll just have to call it Tokai from now on) with Beattbox. We were "otherwise engaged" for a few months, so it was a really delightful homecoming ride on a beautiful Cape winters day. The legs felt it a bit more than usual, but those new berms on Vasbyt were lovely and flowey. Quickly said hi to the grumpy rhinos at the office. They've become very tame.

post-17716-0-56326500-1503829436_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJR