Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• ChrisF

Top Posters In This Topic

With the days getting longer, Monday’s can end better

Good grief those bars are flared! 

Noob question - are they bent out like that so you can get a mtb wide grip on a 'road bike' handlebar?

Good grief those bars are flared! 

Noob question - are they bent out like that so you can get a mtb wide grip on a 'road bike' handlebar?

Flared and really wide, 540 on the hoods and 640 in the drops.  The reason I believe is comfort for longer rides.  What I have noticed that in almost any position my wrists are straight which is great for circulation.  Riding in the drops is also way more comfortable than in the drops on my road bike.  Obviously less aero but not a factor on a gravel bike

BUSTED!!!

That top tube bag is CLEARLY empty.

correct but not entirely - I got cold on the way back and my jacket on.

But it does live on there because I generally ride in a tshirt. Jacket, tools, sunblock, lip balm, emergency gel and gate remote are permanently in there and I add phone

That said I would ride with it empty anyway as I am unable to grow a hipster beard

correct but not entirely - I got cold on the way back and my jacket on.

But it does live on there because I generally ride in a tshirt. Jacket, tools, sunblock, lip balm, emergency gel and gate remote are permanently in there and I add phone

That said I would ride with it empty anyway as I am unable to grow a hipster beard

I feel so empty now after my bike was stolen and returned without the bags. It always carried my tools, spare dropouts, tube, levers, a buff, food etc. I always rode it with that extra 2kg’s worth of stuff in it. And yes...space for my own and the wife’s extra layers. Then also place for keys,phone, wallet. Now i don't know where to put everything anymore. I somehow feel unprepared haha. Frame bags are super underrated imo.

I feel so empty now after my bike was stolen and returned without the bags. It always carried my tools, spare dropouts, tube, levers, a buff, food etc. I always rode it with that extra 2kg’s worth of stuff in it. And yes...space for my own and the wife’s extra layers. Then also place for keys,phone, wallet. Now i don't know where to put everything anymore. I somehow feel unprepared haha. Frame bags are super underrated imo.

the other day I put a small flask in it and a peanut butter sarmie - stopped at the top of a big long hill I've discovered.  Really cool.  I actually bought this Farr one to use as a template to make my own leather one.  As usual I haven't gotten around to that project

Flared and really wide, 540 on the hoods and 640 in the drops. The reason I believe is comfort for longer rides. What I have noticed that in almost any position my wrists are straight which is great for circulation. Riding in the drops is also way more comfortable than in the drops on my road bike. Obviously less aero but not a factor on a gravel bike

The wider bars also assist with greater rider control on slippery or marble-like terrain. ????