• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

"Lekker vakansie by die see!" 

Had an awesome time in G-Bay with local, Izak Spies, showing me around. Clocked some good miles on the bike, as well as some hard efforts. I always thought that there is nothing going on in G-Bay, but I was mistaken. Loved the vibe over there and the weather was also fantastic compared to here in Cape (strictly speaking of the wind). Had no problems every single morning, putting a smile on my face.

Here are some memories captured:

gkt742Q.jpg

Here I am trying to capture that GoPro look with my iPhone

rIZRMJf.jpg

Local race snake, Izak, showing us new trails at Lomond Wine Estate

FQMPrlr.jpg

My sister arriving at our grandparents' house after a ride

Lx7uUVE.jpg

Droëwors stop

faBZBIt.jpg

Corrie Laubser (right) showing us some prime trails with a spectacular view to follow

Y4ZWrSM.jpg

I and Izak powered our ways up the hills, but the boys on their longer travel bikes will soon bomb it down

aCtVHMN.jpg

Looking down onto G-Bay

LFyCTxu.jpg

Pizza stop is in order after a long day in the saddle

Mogale City's attempt at a 'farm school'. just outside of Magalies village... Was bought as a functional flower farm some years back (for a good few million...) and now its just a ruin....I believe back in the day this place used to export flowers all over the world.

Ironically they still post the Red Ants here but basically there is nothing left to nick other than what you can see here and some bricks...its all been nicked already!

Horse...stable door!

post-12678-0-91303200-1514460633_thumb.jpg

post-12678-0-42222700-1514461056_thumb.jpg

"Lekker vakansie by die see!" 

Had an awesome time in G-Bay with local, Izak Spies, showing me around. ..............

Corrie Laubser (right) showing us some prime trails with a spectacular view to follow

Corrie is a fellow Hubber and an all round good guy.

Edited by DJR

Corrie is a fellow Hubber and an all round good guy.

As I heard. He called me Andrew the whole time (instead of André) and later on, we got to the topic of BikeHub, naming that he is also a fellow member. Great guy and super fast on the descents!

Yesterday’s ride, only getting around to posting a reply today.

1x porridge wheel,

1x 40mm spare tube

0x valve extender

1x phone call to wife to come fetch me

8d908f28813edec2e24b68b46e65e277.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Frosty

3rd time in 3 days. Can’t get enough. Sadly heading home.

Like dope, don't say I didn't warn you. I'm a bit like Obelix that fell into the magic potion when it comes to addiction to the Swartberg Pass. I grew up there and fell in live with it as a kid.....and for life. I still make the pilgrimage at least once a year and I never get tired of it. The very best way to experience the pass is on a bike.

My ride got cut short this morning (pun intended). 

Just a heads up to anyone going down Tiekie, there is glass in the yellow lane when you pass Hillcrest's entrance. My rear tyre got a mean cut in it, too big for the sealant to fill.

As I heard. He called me Andrew the whole time (instead of André) and later on, we got to the topic of BikeHub, naming that he is also a fellow member. Great guy and super fast on the descents!

En die ou met die geel Trek is Werner, 'n goeie vriend van my.